[Alternate Format] Complete Palace

Sheodon

The Orient Gamer
Scorched Feathers said:
I'm not sure, I think they should be treated as owner's Pokémon. It'll make the game simpler while opening up more deck possibilities.

I agree, if the evolution line doesn't matter, they should be treated as different Pokémon. But let's see what the others are thinking about the Delta Species and the Evolution Line rulings.

LunarWolf21

Aspiring Trainer
I think making evolving not be name-specific is a great thing. And I see no harm in allowing Delta Species to be treated as separate Pokemon for deck building purposes.

Sheodon said:
Any cards mentioning "Trainer" cards only works for Items, won't work for Stadiums and Supporters.

Is this necessary? I'd rather not hurt Skyla since it is my favorite Trainer from the BW series.

Sheodon

The Orient Gamer
LunarWolf21 said:
I think making evolving not be name-specific is a great thing. And I see no harm in allowing Delta Species to be treated as separate Pokemon for deck building purposes.

Sheodon said:
Any cards mentioning "Trainer" cards only works for Items, won't work for Stadiums and Supporters.

Is this necessary? I'd rather not hurt Skyla since it is my favorite Trainer from the BW series.

Thank you. Yes, I also support the idea of DS being separate Pokémon if the evolution is not name-specific anymore.

For Skyla: we can give her an errata, so it can search Items, Supporters and Stadiums too. I'm still unsure if it becomes OP or not, I will think about it.

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Give it that errata and make it one star, that should make Skyla a balanced enough card in decks, while not restricting search capabilities.

Sheodon

The Orient Gamer
Scorched Feathers said:
Give it that errata and make it one star, that should make Skyla a balanced enough card in decks, while not restricting search capabilities.

My current idea is to give it the errata, then if it's broken, fix it in May with the new list.

LunarWolf21

Aspiring Trainer
Here are some of my first drafts of a few decks for this format (the April format). They use Lysandre from Flashfire / Wild Blaze, but can be used without it.

Whaleswap

4-4 Wailord ex
3-0-2 Reuniclus BW (2 stars)
3-0-2 Blastoise BC (2 stars)
2 Lapras (ex Legend Maker)

4 Roseanne's Research
4 Skyla
2 Professor Juniper
2 Lysandre
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Fisherman

4 Rare Candy
4 Max Potion
2 Ultra Ball
3 Level Ball
1 Heavy Ball
1 Switch
1 Windstorm
1 VS Seeker
1 Dowsing Machine

8 Water Energy

60 total (4 stars total)

Strategy is to attack with Dwindling Wave for 100 each turn by swapping off the damage with Reuniclus onto another Wailord on the bench, then heal with Max Potion if possible. Lapras ensures I've got multiple Supporters back to back. I've used a similar version of this on TCGONE before. I feel I need one more energy.

Lucario + Electrode ex

3-3-1 Lucario Plasma Storm (plus the Level X)
3-3 (1 Electrode ex, 2 Electrode Prime)
2-2 Porygon2 (Download - Great Encounters)

2 Sage's Training
2 Professor Juniper
4 Twins
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Oracle
1 Roseanne's Research
1 Mr. Briney's Compassion
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Iris

1 Computer Search
4 Ultra Ball
4 Level Ball
1 Premier Ball
1 Windstorm
3 VS Seeker

2 Scramble Energy (4 stars)
4 Double Colorless
4 Fighting Energy

60 total (4 stars total)

Strategy is to use Electrode Prime and ex's Powers to attach lots of Scramble Energy while at the same time powering up Lucario's Hurricane Kick by forcing the opponent to take Prizes. Porygon2's Download lets you use 2 Supporters a turn, so Twins is very scary. You can Twins into Scramble + Ultra, use the Ultra to discard Scramble and search for Electrode ex. The maxed out Ultra Balls and Level Balls combined with Lapras lets you get the Supporter you need early game. Oracle can be used to stack both Scramble on top of your deck so Electrode Prime is sure to hit them. Mr. Briney's can reuse Lucario Level X's Stance Poke-Power.

Edit (March 29, 2014): Three more decks!

Flareon Plasma

4-4 Flareon Plasma (Wizards Black Star Promo Eevee)
2 Leafeon Plasma
2 Mesprit (stops Poke-Powers)
3-3 (2 Electrode Prime, 1 Electrode ex)
2 Lapras (EX Legend Maker)
1 Tirtouga (Plasma Blast)

4 Sage's Training
4 Juniper
2 Oracle
2 Wally's Training
2 Lysandre

1 Computer Search
4 Level Ball
4 Ultra Ball
2 Pokemon Retriever

4 Double Colorless
4 Double Rainbow (4 star)
2 Call Energy

60 total (4 stars total)

Strategy is to use Electrode Prime to simultaneously attach Doubles to Flareon while discarding Pokemon to power up Flareon's Vengeance. Promo Eevee evolves as soon as anything else does, so Wally's Training can potentially have you attacking on your first turn (if you go second). If you start Eevee, you can bench a Voltorb, retreat into it with Eevee's zero retreat cost, evolve with Wally's (which also evolves Eevee), and then Knock Out Electrode which also gives you a free switch into Flareon.

Oracle is good with Electrode Prime, and Porygon2 lets you use 2 Juniper a turn, which powers up Flareon quickly. The Call Energy's effect is only really good first turn, but they can charge up Leafeon all by themselves, so they are handy. Tirtouga keeps you from decking out once you're setup.

Another option that you can use with Flareon if you want is Blacksmith (from Flashfire / Wild Blaze), which I decided to not use here since I already have 8 Double Energies and felt that was enough.

Weavile Plasma

4-4 Weavile Plasma
4 Exeggcute (Propagation)
3 Lapras (EX Legend Maker)
2 Mesprit (stops Poke-Powers)
1 Tirtouga (Plasma Blast)

4 Pokemon Collector (4 star)
4 Roseanne's Research
2 Juniper
1 Skyla
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Wally's Training
2 Lysandre

1 Dowsing Machine
4 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball
4 Dark Patch
1 VS Seeker
1 Windstorm

9 basic Darkness Energy

60 total (4 stars total)

Collector and Roseanne's are extremely good with Exeggcute. Lapras is really good here as it can double as discard fodder for Weavile. Skyla is there only so you can Lapras > Skyla > Dark Patch (or Ultra Ball, if you need to get energy in the discard). Mr. Briney's is really good if you start with Exeggcute as it lets you get it back into your hand.

Not Sableye + Not Laser

3-3 Diggersby tho
2-2 Cinccino BW
2 Skuntank G
2-2 Xatu (Secret Wonders)
1 Mesprit (stops Poke-Powers)
1 Trubbish (Noble Victories)
1 Rotom (Undaunted)

4 Skyla
3 Roseanne's Research
1 Juniper
1 Scott
1 Castaway
2 Lysandre
1 Team Flare Grunt
1 Palmer's Contribution

1 Life Dew
1 Junk Arm (2 stars)
1 Alph Lithograph
1 VS Seeker
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Float Stone
1 Muscle Band
1 Windstorm
2 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball

2 Virbank City Gym (2 stars)

4 Double Colorless
4 Call Energy
1 basic Lightning
1 basic Psychic

60 total (4 stars total)

Making Virbank a 1 star card hurt this idea a lot, and is probably for the best, because this strategy is powerful against everything that's not Slurpuff. The strategy is to have Life Dew + Junk Arm, and Diggersby to constantly fetch back the Junk Arm so when it's Knocked Out, you can reattach Life Dew without missing a turn. Skuntank G + Virbank is used instead of Laser. You can evolve to cure poison, or use Float Stone + Skuntank G as your Active Pokemon. If you cannot do that, Xatu cures poison every turn once it's in play. I use Rotom + Alph Lithograph to find the combo pieces that got Prized.

VS Seeker is used to great effect here. Trubbish is used to get back Virbank and Double Colorless. Cinccino is good when poison is being blocked, and also 100 + 30 from poison can Knock Out most of the big basic exs.

Sheodon

The Orient Gamer
LunarWolf21 said:
Here are some of my first drafts of a few decks for this format (the April format). They use Lysandre from Flashfire / Wild Blaze, but can be used without it.

Whaleswap

4-4 Wailord ex

4 Roseanne's Research
4 Skyla
2 Professor Juniper
2 Lysandre
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Fisherman

4 Rare Candy
4 Max Potion
2 Ultra Ball
3 Level Ball
1 Heavy Ball
1 Switch
1 Windstorm
1 VS Seeker
1 Dowsing Machine

8 Water Energy

60 total (4 stars total)

Strategy is to attack with Dwindling Wave for 100 each turn by swapping off the damage with Reuniclus onto another Wailord on the bench, then heal with Max Potion if possible. Lapras ensures I've got multiple Supporters back to back. I've used a similar version of this on TCGONE before. I feel I need one more energy.

Lucario + Electrode ex

2 Sage's Training
2 Professor Juniper
4 Twins
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Oracle
1 Roseanne's Research
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Iris

1 Computer Search
4 Ultra Ball
4 Level Ball
1 Premier Ball
1 Windstorm
3 VS Seeker

4 Double Colorless
4 Fighting Energy

60 total (4 stars total)

Strategy is to use Electrode Prime and ex's Powers to attach lots of Scramble Energy while at the same time powering up Lucario's Hurricane Kick by forcing the opponent to take Prizes. Porygon2's Download lets you use 2 Supporters a turn, so Twins is very scary. You can Twins into Scramble + Ultra, use the Ultra to discard Scramble and search for Electrode ex. The maxed out Ultra Balls and Level Balls combined with Lapras lets you get the Supporter you need early game. Oracle can be used to stack both Scramble on top of your deck so Electrode Prime is sure to hit them. Mr. Briney's can reuse Lucario Level X's Stance Poke-Power.

(Will edit later and add a couple more decks.)

Really nice Decks. I could modify a card or two, but the deck is really fix and the Pokémon lines are really good. I also see some nice style of your deck building and some nice techs too. Maybe I'd add 1 Hitmontop (HGSS) to your 2nd deck as a tech, but that's all.

Can I add your deck post to the main post?

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Well then. I finally got round to making a Ninetales deck.
Pokémon
  • 4 Vulpix (Hidden Legends)
  • 3 Ninetales (HGSS)
  • 3 Ninetales ex
  • 3 Ninetales Delta
  • 3 Cyndaquil
  • 1 Quilava
  • 3 Typhlosion Prime
Trainers
  • 3 Devolution Spray
  • 2 Junk Arm ★★★★
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 3 N
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 3 Professor Oak's New Theory
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 1 Scramble Switch ACE SPEC
  • 3 Super Rod
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Warp Point
Energy
  • 10 Fire

Sheodon

The Orient Gamer
Scorched Feathers said:
Well then. I finally got round to making a Ninetales deck.
Pokémon
  • 4 Vulpix (Hidden Legends)
  • 3 Ninetales (HGSS)
  • 3 Ninetales ex
  • 3 Ninetales Delta
  • 3 Cyndaquil
  • 1 Quilava
  • 3 Typhlosion Prime
Trainers
  • 3 Devolution Spray
  • 2 Junk Arm ★★★★
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 3 N
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 3 Professor Oak's New Theory
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 1 Scramble Switch ACE SPEC
  • 3 Super Rod
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Warp Point
Energy
  • 10 Fire

I'd drop the Devolution Spray for Surprise! Time Machine, but except that, it's a nice concept I'd like to play against or play with.

Nice pun.

LunarWolf21

Aspiring Trainer
Sheodon said:
LunarWolf21 said:

Whaleswap

4-4 Wailord ex

4 Roseanne's Research
4 Skyla
2 Professor Juniper
2 Lysandre
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Fisherman

4 Rare Candy
4 Max Potion
2 Ultra Ball
3 Level Ball
1 Heavy Ball
1 Switch
1 Windstorm
1 VS Seeker
1 Dowsing Machine

8 Water Energy

60 total (4 stars total)

Lucario + Electrode ex

2 Sage's Training
2 Professor Juniper
4 Twins
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Oracle
1 Roseanne's Research
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Iris

1 Computer Search
4 Ultra Ball
4 Level Ball
1 Premier Ball
1 Windstorm
3 VS Seeker

4 Double Colorless
4 Fighting Energy

60 total (4 stars total)

(Will edit later and add a couple more decks.)

Really nice Decks. I could modify a card or two, but the deck is really fix and the Pokémon lines are really good. I also see some nice style of your deck building and some nice techs too. Maybe I'd add 1 Hitmontop (HGSS) to your 2nd deck as a tech, but that's all.

Can I add your deck post to the main post?

Thank you. You can definitely add my decks to the main post, I'd be delighted! I added three more decks to my last post.

Hitmontop could be useful, I'll definitely consider it.

Sheodon

The Orient Gamer
Here's what everyone had been waiting for: the finished April List with the new rulings. Some cards are borderline, like Tauros, Furfrou and Delphox (maybe even Greninja), but I didn't nerfed them to see them a little play, as they are relatively new cards.

April 2014

The format is now supporting ALL sets!!!

NEW RULINGS
  • 1 LV.X Card per Deck
  • The exact name of a Pokémon doesn't matter in case of evolving. Pokémon SP are exception of this rule. (The following evolution line is legal: Charmander -> Blaine's Charmeleon -> Dark Charizard.)
  • Delta Species are treated as if they had different names (You can use 4 Bellossom and 4 Bellossom Delta in the same Deck.)
  • Pokémon VS cards are allowed, and they are treated as Pokémon SP. Trainers are also allowed from that set.
  • Any cards mentioning "Trainer" cards only works for Items, won't work for Stadiums and Supporters.

1 Star

• Holon's Castform
  • Unown R (LA)
  • Unown Z (SW)
  • Crobat G (PL)
  • Pachirisu (GE)
  • Feraligatr Prime
  • Emboar (BW 20) (Inferno Fandango)
  • Machamp (SF)
  • Blastoise (Base, BC) (New)
  • Alakazam (Base) (New)
  • Arceus (Colorless / AR5) (New)
  • Donphan Prime (New)
  • Crobat Prime (New)
  • Kingdra Prime (New)
  • Reuniclus (BW) (New)
  • Holon Transceiver
  • Cyrus's Conspiracy
  • Pokédrawer +
  • Seeker
  • Pokémon Collector
  • Hypnotoxic Laser
  • Virbank City Gym (New)
  • Eviolite (2 Stars -> 1 Star)
  • Hard Charm (New)
  • Darkness Energy (Special)
  • Metal Energy (Special)
  • Double Rainbow Energy (New)

2 Stars

• Claydol (GE)
  • Azelf (LA)
  • Cleffa (NG) (New)
  • Sableye (DEX) (New)
  • Magnezone Prime (New)
  • Accelgor (DEX) (New)
  • Uxie (LA) (3 Stars -> 2 Stars)
  • Cessation Crystal
  • Luxury Ball
  • Junk Arm
  • Lost World
  • Broken Time-Space (3 Stars -> 2 Stars)
  • Dawn Stadium (3 Stars -> 2 Stars)
  • Holon Circle (3 Stars -> 2 Stars)
  • Boost Energy
  • Scramble Energy (New)

Banned
  • Sableye (SF) (New)
  • BW-on EXs and M-EXs
  • Promo/Jumbo Cards
  • ALL Trainers from sets released by Wizards of the Coast (Base, Jungle, Fossil, Base Set 2, Team Rocket, Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge, Neo Genesis, Neo Discovery, Neo Revelation, Neo Destiny, Legendary Collection)

The following Pokémon are treated as ex (You take 2 Prize Cards if you Knock Out an ex Pokémon. All effects which affect Pokémon ex cards will affect these cards too. Their name is ALSO changed so they do not work with LV. X cards.)

• Virizion (EP, NV)
  • Terrakion (EP, NV)
  • Cobalion (EP, NV)
  • Thundurus (EP)
  • Tornadus (EP)
  • Landorus (NV)
  • Articuno (ND)
  • Zapdos (ND)
  • Moltres (ND)
  • Reshiram (BW, PF)
  • Zekrom (BW, PF)
  • Kyurem (NV, DV, PF)
  • Black Kyurem
  • White Kyurem
  • Keldeo (BC) - both
  • Genesect (PL)
  • Yveltal (XY)
  • Xerneas (XY)
  • Mewtwo (LT)
  • Ampharos Prime (New)
  • Typhlosion Prime (New)
  • Tyranitar Prime (New)
  • Machamp Prime (New)
  • Raichu Prime (New)
  • Kingdra (PF) (New)
  • Vileplume UD (New)
  • Garchomp (DE 90) (Dragonblade) (New)
  • Trevenant (XY) (New)
  • Bouffalant (DE) (New)
  • Lapras (XY) (New)

No longer on the list

• Evosoda
  • Spiritomb (AR)

Erratas

• Slowking (NG): Pokémon Power works only if it's the Active Pokémon, but works for Items, Supporters and Stadiums.
  • Mysterious Fossil: Can evolve into ANY Fossil and Restored Pokémon.
  • Holon Fossil: Can search/put on your Bench ANY Fossil and Restored Pokémon.
  • Fossil Excavator: Works for Restored Pokémon (and Trainer cards too).
  • Fossil Egg: Works for any Fossil and Restored Pokémon.

Sheodon

The Orient Gamer
After a few playtest, I can tell you that this format will be dominated by evolution-based decks (especially after the release of Pyroar), and it's actually a good thing. I always thought that Pokémon should be about evolving and slowly building up your team instead of using huge basic beaters.

By the way, here's a new deck attempt, a Fossil Aggro deck.

Pokémon Cards

Trainer Cards

• 4 Mysterious Fossil
  • 4 Holon Fossil
  • 4 Fossil Excavator
  • 4 Fossil Egg
  • 4 Skyla
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 2 Broken Time-Space ★★★★

Energy Cards
  • 4 Water Energy