'Alter Genesis,' 'High Class Pack 2019' Sets Announced for Japan!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Ash knows, he was pointing it out because I forgot to mention it in my list at the height of my frenzied new set high.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Most of the set reveals have a lot of people commenting... wonder what happened this time?

Kricketune and Slurpuff seem to be at least decent non-gx decks. There was a Pokemon that confused the opponent's one on evolution, right? Kricketune varying between spread, status conditions and high damage output is really interesting, and molding your hand size a la Granbull should prove easy enough, especially with a Pidgeotto engine.

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
I liked the art of Skrelp, Nosepass and Teddiursa with the Gods statues behind.
Also the Ursaring art doing Kung Fu Panda training is very funny. LOL

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Also apparently that Dragalge has the highest poison modifier in the entire format (and game for that matter) in a non-gx card. Seems interesting to make a budget deck too.

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
Also apparently that Dragalge has the highest poison modifier in the entire format (and game for that matter) in a non-gx card. Seems interesting to make a budget deck too.
Use it with Muk from Team Up, Dust Island and Cradily from this set. YAY

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
My question is, hypothetically of course, how many times could someone Lanturn 's ability before get penalized for slow playing :p

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Some changes on attacks/abilities that should be addressed:

-Sunflora: Sun Power > Solar Power, an ability that the Sunkern line has in the games.

-Buzzwole: Beast Burst > Beast Boost, an ability that all Ultra Beasts have in the games, which increases their highest stat when they KO a Pokemon.

-Sandygast: Surprise > Astonish, a move that it and Palossand learn in the games.

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
Some changes on attacks/abilities that should be addressed:

-Sunflora: Sun Power > Solar Power, an ability that the Sunkern line has in the games.

-Buzzwole: Beast Burst > Beast Boost, an ability that all Ultra Beasts have in the games, which increases their highest stat when they KO a Pokemon.

-Sandygast: Surprise > Astonish, a move that it and Palossand learn in the games.
Probably the english cards will have these translated names but Pokébeach always keep the translate name from the japanese words when posting new sets.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
My question is, hypothetically of course, how many times could someone Lanturn 's ability before get penalized for alow playing :p

Repeatedly doing something that doesn't advance the game state is the same as doing nothing, so... About as long as you'd expect someone to get away with sitting there doing nothing.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Probably the english cards will have these translated names but Pokébeach always keep the translate name from the japanese words when posting new sets.
Pokebeach is rather inconsistent with how they put up their translations. Sometimes they use the English ability and move names as they're presented in the games; other times, they use the direct Japanese translations.

In Beast Boost's case, it's a slight mistranslation.

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer
The Alolan Ninetales is cool, but doesn't really have any selling points that make it worth using over Rotom. The idea of dumping 15+ tools with Hapu and Dedenne sounds hilarious.

Poison Perfectionist

Aspiring Trainer
Glad to see the underrated Pokemon getting last-minute love. I like the look of that Dragalge honestly. A one energy Poison with 10 counters between turns. That's the same power as Toxapex-GX but on a One-Prize attacker with two less energy required. Now we have Dust Island to keep the pressure up as well since the only Standard Scooper is Super Scoop-Up, forcing most attackers to keep Poison or trash energy. It could possibly be the first good Dragalge card.

hugeheadliang

Aspiring Trainer
The translation of Dragalge's poison culture attack is wrong. It says "if your opponent's active pokemon is already poisoned, put 10 damage counter between turns for the poison". It doesn't place poison effect on that pokemon itself. You can check the wording on Muk tag team for confirmation.

Been enjoying this site for long, but this is the first time I find the need to say something lol

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
That makes more sense. 1 energy for 100 dmg (better than a vanilla 100) on a stage 1 non-GX was way overpowered. This can combo well with Koga's Trap, but probably won't be that viable.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Most of the set reveals have a lot of people commenting... wonder what happened this time?

Kricketune and Slurpuff seem to be at least decent non-gx decks. There was a Pokemon that confused the opponent's one on evolution, right? Kricketune varying between spread, status conditions and high damage output is really interesting, and molding your hand size a la Granbull should prove easy enough, especially with a Pidgeotto engine.

You could use Tapu Lele SM7b and attach a Fairy Charm to achieve automatic confusion from the bench.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
You could use Tapu Lele SM7b and attach a Fairy Charm to achieve automatic confusion from the bench.

Thanks. I knew there was a consistent way to spread confusion, and io and behold, Tapu Lele synergizes incredibly with Slurpuff. If you include ULP Magearna you can also attach the relevant fairy charm to Slurpuff, providing a 2-way disruption. I heavily dislike Breloom because of the reliance on the sleep mechanic, and therefore Slumber Forest, and therefore easily losing to something like Escape Board - Fairy is going to be a really relevant weakness come Cosmic Eclipse, with the BDIF probably being ReshiZekrom, people teching Naganadels and Naganadel/Guzzlord, and decks using the creation trio too. The deck having a control angle with the fairy charms, and also having the option to stall it out with A-Ninetales and Wondrous Labyrinth makes it a more appealing anti-meta archetype to build for me, unlike Breloom that relies on hax and having its game plan go uninterrupted.