'Alter Genesis,' 'High Class Pack 2019' Sets Announced for Japan!

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
Lycanroc can also ignore de cost for the attack if the opponent has a pokemon EX in play. Think they miss it when writing

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Now that the set is filling out, and assuming High Class 2019 has few/no new cards, the following will never appear in SM's TCG based on the numbers we now know for Alter Genesis:
-Bellossom (volunteered as tribute so that her little sister Sunflora could live instead, thanks girl we love you ;_; )
-Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott (it's not looking good for Snivy and Chespin's evolutions either)
-Bonsly (no room between Armaldo and Rockruff/Lycanroc; maybe Gen 8 will see it get a second English card...)
-Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr
-Mienfoo, Mienshao
-Klink, Klang, Klinklang (four different Unova lines deconfirmed? hmm...)

Really hoping the two spots between Florges and Sylveon belong to Swirlix and Slurpuff and not Spritzee and Aromatisse.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Lycanroc - FREE energy KO Pikarom, Dedenne, Silvally, Expanded Zoroark with or without Special Energy.
    Lycanroc good in expanded but garbage in standard sadly
    Diancie and Dojo. 120 and KO Pikarom (assume you behind on prizes.) 4 Geodudes. Still no good Pokemon Search.

• Floette/Florges - Hand Distruption indeed. 3-4 Geodudes

Gabs Kazumi

Amateur Illustrator @kazumi.draws
Can we take a moment to appreciate how BEAUTIFUL is the artwork in the Lycanroc card? It could see much more potential in a meta with DCE but it's a nice card overall.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
  • Lycanroc - FREE energy KO Pikarom, Dedenne, Silvally, Expanded Zoroark with or without Special Energy.
    Diancie and Dojo. 120 and KO Pikarom (assume you behind on prizes.) 4 Geodudes. Still no good Pokemon Search.

• Floette/Florges - Hand Distruption indeed. 3-4 Geodudes
Pikarom doesnt play special energy,silvally is irrelevant and if you need fighting energy it breaks the purpose of why the card could be good so martial arts dojo doesnt work

momand

Aspiring Trainer
That Lycanroc would’ve been fantastic had it been printed a year ago

Last edited:

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I was waiting for something to come and break Devolution Spray Z finally. I thought Dustox had it, but being a stage 2 with no good ways to evolve into just made it horrible. Shuffling 2 from your opponent's hand in evolution is really damn powerful, especially with Reset Stamp.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
as for Lana and Mallow - it isn't Acerola, but it will probably warrant some gameplay on stall decks and tag team decks - while not straight up healing all damage, it also keeps energy on board and so it allows for simply switching back your attacker to clear attack debuffs and special conditions. It has its niche, so of course it will see play.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Mallow and Lana look like a decent addition to Gardevoir and Sylveon GX decks who will already run Tag Whistle to seach out Tag Team cards.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Mallow & Lana - 100% better than Tate & Liza. Stall decks will took advantage of it, and we don't have enough switching options now. Maybe this will add.4 Geodudes

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Mallow & Lana seems fine but I'm not super sold on it. I think the healing amount by itself isn't really good enough and you would really want to couple it with something like Great Potion before you play this in order to really heal an amount that would prevent the Pokemon you're trying to protect from just getting Great Catchered right back in.

And since there are still going to be OHKO threats running around like Blacephalon GX and Reshiram & Zekrom Tag Team GX is going to be out when this card comes out, I feel like deck slots are better devoted to something else.

Just generally seems kind of expensive that you're throwing out 3 cards (the supporter and 2 cards from hand) to heal 120 and play switch, and if the heal 120 isn't enough to prevent a KO you might as well have just played Switch and then a different supporter for turn.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
Oh my god this better get a full art lf them being the cutest BFF's since

um

has pokemon ever had cute bff girls?

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I think all of the Tag Team trainers so far required you to discard cards for an additional effect. That's pretty boring and if Tag Teams don't return (oh Arceus please make it so), they won't elaborate on the design with more interesting requirements.
The card is okay. Definitely going to try it out in Slowpoke&Psyduck.