'Alter Genesis,' 'High Class Pack 2019' Sets Announced for Japan!

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
I know they tend to not care much about Expanded, but why not just make the "You can't use this attack until X Prize cards" part of the attack like Nihilego's Nightcap or Sky Scorching Light? Unless they want people to exploit Ability lock with it.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
  • Golurk - 160 for 2 energy or I say... 1 Welder? Yes. Vulnerable to Item Lock, heck no! 3-4 Geodudes
  • Ultra Necrozma - alternate atkr for Malamar/Ultra Necrozma since it uses the same AC as the GX. 170 for 2 is enough, KOs Dedenne and most basic GXs and it can use Beast Ring then fire it if the opponent drops to 2 prizes left. Gusting will become difficult so this won't be easily gust out. 4-5 Geodudes
It's like you didn't even read the Golurk card...

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
I know they tend to not care much about Expanded, but why not just make the "You can't use this attack until X Prize cards" part of the attack like Nihilego's Nightcap or Sky Scorching Light? Unless they want people to exploit Ability lock with it.
That is probably the reason. They knew it'd suck if you couldn't abuse ability lock

SpunkyBandy

Aspiring Trainer
God I hope there's a figure collection for Mega Lopunny + Jigglypuff, Mega Lopunny herself deserves something much like that.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
170 damage with so little setup is crazy, and it makes me think they are planning to do something either about Silent Lab or Double Dragon Energy. The fact that they printed Guzma + Hala that grabs you all the setup needed to get it makes it more obvious for me.

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
I think I've solved the mystery of the supposed Solgaleo & Lunala & Ultra Necrozma TTGX. Apparently the product sell sheet for Alter Genesis was just hyping up the Solgaleo, Lunala, and Ultra Necrozma cards we've seen as powerful non-GX attackers:
21923679234682_429.jpg
Roughly says "In addition to featuring three* Pokémon TAG TEAM GX with extremely powerful effects, it also includes many legendary Pokémon cards that have appeared in successive games such as Solgaleo, Lunala, and Ultra Necrozma! The legendary Pokémon featured are the ultimate level of strength! They are expected to be at the center of the future battle environment."

*Not sure if this means three TTGX cards meaning the babbies are not from SM12, or three as in TTGX featuring three Pokemon.

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
Ok guys, if non cash cow Ultra Necrozma is utterly broken,
then how ridonkulously broken are the V Pokemon gonna have to be?

(come on, this is PTCI, they're not gonna let the meta be ruled by a budget deck for long; look what they did to night march)

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Ok guys, if non cash cow Ultra Necrozma is utterly broken,
then how ridonkulously broken are the V Pokemon gonna have to be?

(come on, this is PTCI, they're not gonna let the meta be ruled by a budget deck for long; look what they did to night march)

Well, for one, this is only utterly broken on Expanded, with Silent Lab, A-Muk and Garbodor providing a way to negate the negative ability while also stunning your opponent. DDE also makes this card even easier to run.

Unless Galarian Weezing or some form of ability negation for basic mons is printed in the first SWSH set, then this Ultra Necrozma is not making as much waves in standard.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
It's like you didn't even read the Golurk card...
CC - 160 If you have a supporter card in your discard pile, this atk does 0. So your deck will rely on items which is very risky because Beeheyem saw play on Worlds and got 6-0. You are very vulnerable to it so you can't setup. This time, I am not messed up

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
CC - 160 If you have a supporter card in your discard pile, this atk does 0. So your deck will rely on items which is very risky because Beeheyem saw play on Worlds and got 6-0. You are very vulnerable to it so you can't setup. This time, I am not messed up
Then why imply that it should play a Welder to get around the DCE cost?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
That's why in order to do spam 160, your deck must consists a huge number of items. That's what I say you're vulnerable to item lock. You can do it on 1 Welder but in reality you can't so you're relying on something else. TCE could work, but in most turns its impractical.
You cancel out your own attack by using Welder on it.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Yes. The cost is payable by Welder but you can't in order to do 160. Sure, there is TCE, but in most times it become impractical
Ok but you said that you can play Welder with Golurk. That's why I exclaimed that you didn't even read the card.

Why did you say to play Welder with Golurk?

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
This ultra necrozma is brutal for expanded. This will be played like buzz garb, but even stronger.
DDE with ability lock in play (garb or silent lab) allows you to do 170 damage, with a positive effect. Add CB to boost that to 200, and nuke the meta game's big hitters. Add shrine when garb is down, and you take out zoroark.
Add psychic and either unit/rainbow/metal energies to round out energies.

This is a brutal card, and has to be respected.