TCG Fakes Alolan Teddiursa's Special Promos

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
After looking at many threads here, I found that many text-based cards had really polished and interesting effects. I lack creative juices often, so in this thread, I will make some image-based cards with the original ideas from the text-based fakes I found here. Please note that the wording and effects might be slightly changed for balancing power levels in the era that my card is in.

The first card here is Parasect, text-based card made by Falling Skies. It's Spore Inhalation ability is not an ability you see in many cards and I just had to make it into an image fake!
I have remade this using the new blank, the text based fakes here deserve the best quality.

deh0t4g-a17ad65f-7866-4ab4-82ed-ff4c201d3d0a.png

Last edited:

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
deh2czq-edc9a812-2137-4b3b-ba1b-b247ed928b26.png

I managed to find a high resolution neo blank by ILKCMP on DA. The quality is much better now and I will use this for future cards. Took me a few hours to get the correct fonts and sizes done. This is a text-based card made by Charmaster, it's ability as well as attacks are cool.

Last edited:

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
deh4gwh-d73be6c0-4a7b-4926-afe3-c8b89308f880.png

Next we have a Smeargle card made by Light Year Liam. Smeargle was one of the interesting Pokemon in Gen 2. It's Master Artist ability is pretty strong and it also has a neat disruptive attack.

Last edited:

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Wait, Smeargle STEALS another play’s Tool card? Interesting effect, but the idea is a scary one! Especially when you consider that you might forget to return it. I feel like there should be a rule clarifying that the tool gets returned to the hand or discard pile (or lost zone) of its owner when returned to hand/discarded/sent to the lost zone, and perhaps even a clause where the card is attached to the Pokémon upside down to ensure that neither player forgets ownership.
I’m not saying anything against the card. The card looks great! I’m just panicking at the thought of a player pocketing another player’s tool card (even if it isn’t a $16 Life Dew) and one or both players getting banished for not having 60 decks and the player who lost the tool never getting it back. Probably won’t happen, since this card most likely will not be used at even an unofficial in real life event, and since the two players will probably be using different sleeves if it was. I was just worried by the possibility.

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
deh4yxq-596c3179-2b1b-42f3-a2c8-ff0db0e43a14.png

Next is a Wooper card made by Nyora. Wooper was the first Pokemon I caught in Crystal back then. It's nice to see an interesting card made around it.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Also, I just saw your Light Torterra from the March CaC and thought it was simply incredible! I’ve only ever designed two cards (the second of which is still an unfinished work in progress), so you’ve made at least three cards more than me and it would be very interesting to see some of your previous work! By the way, I think these cards capture the Neo era perfectly even though not all of the artwork is of a style actually used during that era... you not only make that art work, you make it look right!

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
Wait, Smeargle STEALS another play’s Tool card? Interesting effect, but the idea is a scary one! Especially when you consider that you might forget to return it. I feel like there should be a rule clarifying that the tool gets returned to the hand or discard pile (or lost zone) of its owner when returned to hand/discarded/sent to the lost zone, and perhaps even a clause where the card is attached to the Pokémon upside down to ensure that neither player forgets ownership.
I’m not saying anything against the card. The card looks great! I’m just panicking at the thought of a player pocketing another player’s tool card (even if it isn’t a $16 Life Dew) and one or both players getting banished for not having 60 decks and the player who lost the tool never getting it back. Probably won’t happen, since this card most likely will not be used at even an unofficial in real life event, and since the two players will probably be using different sleeves if it was. I was just worried by the possibility.
Your absolutely right, I totally forgot about saying it returns to the discard pile after discarding it. Yeah, it would totally suck if a player pockets a nice tool card and it might cause some confusion on the playing field:).

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
Also, I just saw your Light Torterra from the March CaC and thought it was simply incredible! I’ve only ever designed two cards (the second of which is still an unfinished work in progress), so you’ve made at least three cards more than me and it would be very interesting to see some of your previous work! By the way, I think these cards capture the Neo era perfectly even though not all of the artwork is of a style actually used during that era... you not only make that art work, you make it look right!
Thanks a lot and that means the world! I have a thread called Neo Destiny Revival in Creative works and have around 70 cards currently in there. I used ILKCMP's blanks and symbol sheet, whom is a one of the best fakers I have ever known. I could not make any of these cards if he had'nt done these blanks as I am not an artist and my knowledge of PS is at a very fundamental stage.

Your fakes are also very awesome. I just checked out your Dedenne card and that Dedecircuit is neat! It is going to be really good in stall/mill decks, if you could use more than one of those abilities per turn.

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
deh94ek-257e96d9-7f3d-4a34-ae4d-f9060967ae80.png

I guess it's time to add some shininess in my Neo Destiny Revival Set. This Pykumuku card was based on a text-based fake made by Nyan.