Alolan Sandslash-GX, Leafeon, Glaceon, Rainbow Flower Promos Revealed!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Aaaaa love the Leafeon and Glaceon art.

I don't know where they'll find a place to stick these in English (Cosmic Eclipse's Grass section is fully accounted for from the contents of Remix/Dream/Alter), but they better.

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
WOW! Now we have all the evolutios in a regular version!
Sadly that the Let's Go decks won't came to my country, so no Flareon for us ):

Scoop

Literally a sheep
YES!! I was hoping A-Sandslash would get a GX at some point. Today's been a good day for the TCG.

Shame Dugtrio's probably going to be the only Alola form without a GX though, unless it gets one in the next special set, it's not looking good.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Who knows, it could happen. They waited all the way until EX Battle Boost/Legendary Treasures, the final BW set, to give us Gen 5 EXs for Pokemon who weren't Legendaries (Excadrill and Chandelure in that case).

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
Me, Seeing the title of this: YES! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYESSSSSS!
Me, Reading Sandslash's ability: YYY E EEEE E E E SSSS
Me, Reading his attack: >:L

why is sun and moon like this

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
OH, WHAT THE fudge IS WITH RAINBOW FLOWER???? IT COULDN'T EVEN HAVE BEEN STAGE 1 AND STAGE 2 GX'S, MUCH LESS NORMAL STAGE 1 AND 2S?? fudge!

Just start sword and shield already, I'm fudging sick of this AWFUL block.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Who knows, it could happen. They waited all the way until EX Battle Boost/Legendary Treasures, the final BW set, to give us Gen 5 EXs for Pokemon who weren't Legendaries (Excadrill and Chandelure in that case).
Oh yeah, I remember that, good point. Not to mention, Ultra Shiny had that Dusk Lycanroc-GX, right? The possibility is there that High Class Pack 2019 could introduce something new like the Dugtrio, since the last special reprint set did something new.

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Rainbow Flower is a..hm.

Well let's just say there aren't going to be very many OHKOs on Tag Team GXs anymore and this is going to probably create an interaction of people playing Rainbow Flower and Chaotic Swell to prevent Lysandre Labs from messing them up.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
It's actually quite the choice between Choice Helmet and Rainbow Flower. Flat -30 damage reduction is better most of the time, but Shred attacks and spread countering can get you good. While this will only reduce the damage by a flat -20 only one time, isn't as much affected by shred attacks and also prevents your opponent from spreading damage to your benched GX - something really important for cards like Dedenne-GX for example.

John Wick

Aspiring Trainer
Not sure if I'm allowed to advertise here, but my BGS 10 Black Label Charizard from Hidden Fates is on bid on eBay. It is truly a blessing to have a connection that sent me the Hidden Fates boxes 2 weeks before release. I will be receiving the Cosmic Eclipse on October 2, 1 whole month before release date. After my Hidden Fates Zard sells, I'd like to make a donation here to thank the site for giving us info on upcoming products and for having been the link to my connection. Thanks PokeBeach fam.

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
Why do we need more support for GXs? We don't need any more support, especially after Tag Whistle. It's clear what Pokemon are saying. Don't bother playing non-GX based Decks as they're too broken with all of these support cards while non-GX Decks gets bloody nothing. What a disappointing end for the Sun and Moon block.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
That Aipom promo is hilarious with the Bounsweet being all like "I'm about to get eaten! Yay!"

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Alolan Sandslash GX - I love the GX atk, 1 Koffing and Roxie and 100 around the field. That's it. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Rainbow Flower - another reason why GXs gets more support. 5 Geodudes
  • Leafeon - ehh. 3-4
  • Glaceon - not interested. 3
  • Aipom - I love the artwork.

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer
Is it just me or does Alolan Sandslash seem like the new face of spread? It can beat Reshizard well due to weakness + the ability, leaving Gardevoir and Sylveon as the only bad matchup for spread. With some prior spread, you can wipe out an entire board (or at least kill a few Dedenne for 4+ prizes). The reliance on Dedenne right now makes me really like the card. Not having DCE for that attack cost sucks, but at least there's the Welder engine. Maybe Noivern/Sandslash? You can use Weezing, but that cuts into how many Koffing/Weezing you can use for the Roxie discards.