• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Alolan Ninetails GX Decklist, Need Help With Crimson Invasion

TheBossBlastoise

I rule the PokeSea
Hi, I am looking for some advice on witch cards I should add from the new Crimson Invasion set. My list is below, post advice in the comments. Thanks!

Pokemon

4 Alolan Vulpix GUR
3 Alolan Ninetails GX GUR
1 Alolan Ninetails BUS
2 Tapu Koko PRSM
1 Espeon EX BKP
2 Tapu Lele GX GUR
2 Remoraid BKT (Wild River)
2 Octillery BKT

Trainers

4 N
4 Professor Sycamore
3 Guzma
2 Brigette
1 Mallow
1 Acerola
1 Professor Kukui

4 Ultra Ball
3 Aqua Patch
3 Choice Band
2 Field Blower
2 Float Stone
1 Rescue Stretcher

Energy
8 Water
4 Double Colorless Energy

If anything -1 Bridgette for +1 Lusamine. Also -8 Water Energy for +8 Secret Rare Water Energy XD.

I do feel that in a deck that uses energy acceleration from this discard and does not always benefit from massive draws like Gardevoir does, Zoroark-GX is the way forward here. If it is not available to you, however, Octillery is just fine. 4 Aqua Patch is a must, and if you really wanted to update your deck with Crimson Invasion, I would just go with -1 Acerola -1 Field Blower -1 Brigette +1 Counter Catcher +1 Lusamine +1 Aqua Patch. A nice, solid deck you have here though.

I would take out a sycamore and something else and add two brooklet hills as they are extremly useful for getting octillery out/getting more pokemon looks like a pretty solid list though. I would also take a look at michael pramowats list from the league cup he won featured in a pokebeach article.

I do feel that in a deck that uses energy acceleration from this discard and does not always benefit from massive draws like Gardevoir does, Zoroark-GX is the way forward here. If it is not available to you, however, Octillery is just fine. 4 Aqua Patch is a must, and if you really wanted to update your deck with Crimson Invasion, I would just go with -1 Acerola -1 Field Blower -1 Brigette +1 Counter Catcher +1 Lusamine +1 Aqua Patch. A nice, solid deck you have here though.
So your saying I should drop the Octillery line and put in a 2-2 zoroark line?

So your saying I should drop the Octillery line and put in a 2-2 zoroark line?
Yes if you can get them zoroark is much better than octillery in this deck it allows you to discard extra water energy to get off aqua patches quicker. so
-2 remoraid
-2 octillery
-1 acerola
+2 zorua
+2 zoroark gx
+1 aqua patch

Id also recomend either 2 kukui or 2 mallow not a split and id personally play 2 kukui as it is going to allow you to get 1 hits places you normally wouldnt. example if you flying flip once you can now 1 hit a gardevoir with kukui and band.

Back