Alolan Meowth, Alolan Marowak, Yowashi, Odoridori

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
Other thoughts: I love the sand castle thing, instantly being on my team. Another thing, is it confirmed that this is gen 7? And by that I mean has it been officially confirmed by TPCI. It seems more like this is gen 6.5. Even though I thought that was non-sense before, it seems like that's what it is. I feel like the game's sequel will really be 7th gen. Think about it: We can't transfer from X,Y,OR, or AS, just Red and Blue. The graphics are almost the exact same engine(other than some of the new updates to the backgrounds). And the alolan forms completely push the regular forms out of the region, so how do we evolve them? it certainly has something to do with how Glaceon and Leafeon evolved. But rather than evolving to adapt to the environment(short range), it's to adapt to the entire region. Those are the first thoughts I have about this region(Since I wasn't on the hype train at all until now). But with this comment ending, think about this:
If we bred the older regular form Pokemon with the new alolan forms, what form would we get?
DPP and BW also essentially used the same engine and they're considered different gens. Sun and moon improved a lot more than just backgrounds. The characters in the overworld are normal sized instead of weird chibi's and it looks more "clean" (i think that's the word) as well. New starters and region basically confirms this as a new gen as well. It's weird that GF didn't follow the same tradition of new gen - remake - sequel, but they've broken this tradition before in the BW days with no remakes.

Regarding the alolan version of certain mons, i think it's safe to say they're a completely different species in the same vain as polar bears and grizzly bears (who were previously the same species). If you bring a fire vulpix to alola and evolve it, it'll probably just evolve into fire nintales, even if brought to the same location ice vulpix and ninetales resides. The only exception i could see for this rule is exeggutor, since it's pre-evolution is unchanged, but that's just my thought and that may not be true. We'll have to wait for more information regarding breeding, but i suspect it's the same as always. If you breed a female ice ninetales with a male fire ninetales, you get an ice vulpix and if you breed a male ice ninetales with a female fire ninetales, you get fire vulpix (and that's if they're still in the same egg group). All just speculation of course.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
I believe that they are still the same Pokemon regardless of what their type is so the Egg groups won't shift. My curiosity wonders if they can obtain different moves that they normally would be unable to with parents that have different types.

I was thinking that it was a volcanic area of Alola that would have changed the Marowak line into fire types but it seems to be a far more sinister of an environment that influenced their type change. I wonder if it's on the same line as Team Rocket's poaching of Cubones at Lavender Town but a much longer timespan that influenced this change. Mother Marowak is VERY angry at the hunting of her family and you will feel her furious wrath if you hunt them she'll hunt you.

-Or have they in this region been hunted to the point of extinction that all that remains is their vengeful spirits? Have other species been hunted to the point that is all that remains? Perhaps I have thought too much on this? Team Skull have best tread lightly...

Dalaryn

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone else think with all these ghost types that we'll be getting a new ghost-type Eevee? Spectreon maybe?

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Anyone else think with all these ghost types that we'll be getting a new ghost-type Eevee? Spectreon maybe?
Eevee's pretty much confirmed not to have an eeveelution this gen, but yeah, there are lots of ghost types this time around...

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
But doesn't this image prove the leaked pokedex as being wrong?
The Eeveelution wasn't part of the pokedex and had no mention in it, it was part of a Japanese trailer released last month. When the player caught the Eevee, there were only 8 poke balls displaying only 8 possible evolutions. Which disproved the possibility of anymore all together.

TheCharizardChan1

The Very Best Like No One Ever Was
The Eeveelution wasn't part of the pokedex and had no mention in it, it was part of a Japanese trailer released last month. When the player caught the Eevee, there were only 8 poke balls displaying only 8 possible evolutions. Which disproved the possibility of anymore all together.
So for those of us who missed that trailer, it was hinting at the fact that there would be no more Eevee's because so far there are only 8 Eeveelutions and there are 8 pokeballs. So if there were 9 pokeballs, then that'd mean we'd get a new one? I'm a little confused. It wasn't really confirmed, it was just speculated?

Little Cherrim

Political Obsessor
-The Alolan Meowth could have a minor role in the Sun and Moon animé, in a little clash with Team Rocket's Meowth.

-Sunabaa and Shirodesuma (The sand castles) are Pokémon versions of the Sarlaac
(Star Wars Episode IV Return of the Jedi)

-Team Skull doesn't look as serious as other past-generation villains, but only time will tell the truth.

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
I told you that dex leak was garbage. Never trust anyone giving gold.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
The fish thing is cool, and I need to make a finding nemo reference.

When I saw Shirodesuna, I instantly thought "panquake". then I read its name, and I fell in love. "That's a castle". Nothing to see here, just a castle. A castle that collapses in on itself to catch prey. That's awesome, and I'm willing to double up on ghosts with Mimikyu to use it.

Baby Bewear is cute. I agree with @Brave Vesperia that we need to get it a Taiko Drum. Also, it deconfirms the dex leak.

Don't care for either of the Alolan forms, especially Meowth. Marowak is dark, but I don't really care for it.

I'm going to have a team of like 14 pokemon for sun/moon...

J.D.

Mewtwo Fan
I must say, I feel the Bewear prevo may be the first Pokemon of this generation I truly dislike. I think it's the face... why does it have that massive, ugly grin under its muzzle? If it had Bewear's muzzle it would look fine. I'm loving the Haunted (Sand)Castle Pokemon though, and the schooling fish looks interesting too.

So for those of us who missed that trailer, it was hinting at the fact that there would be no more Eevee's because so far there are only 8 Eeveelutions and there are 8 pokeballs. So if there were 9 pokeballs, then that'd mean we'd get a new one? I'm a little confused. It wasn't really confirmed, it was just speculated?
Technically it's just speculation, but it's based on very strong evidence. The new PokeDex can display entire family groups of Pokemon, with each member displayed in front of the image of a PokeBall. That image of a PokeBall is present even when a member of the family is absent; this is why certain sources said Yungoos would evolve once and that Pikipek evolves twice, because their PokeDex entries display additional empty PokeBall images. In one trailer, the Pokedex entry for Eevee clearly displays Eevee in front of a PokeBall, as well as eight additional PokeBalls, each likely representing one of the eight evolutions of Eevee. Unless the PokeDex entries of additional evolutions are hidden for some reason, it seems highly likely Eevee is going another generation without new evolutions.

Last edited:

ShoeApocolypse

Aspiring Trainer
Am I the only one slightly disturbed by the fact that the sandcastle is straight up murderong that pichu? It says it steals the life force of other Pokemon and it is shown doing it to the Pichu. Pretty disturbing to me!

Sentret_C

Aspiring Trainer
Well what will Alolan Meowth's shiny be? Anyways, it's bred by Royal people, so it would most likely be a cat that tends to be more domesticated and less wild. It wasn't bred to have extra features, just set itself apart based off of physical appearance.
On the contrary, I think the difference should be more drastic if it's caused by breeding. Think about the diversity in cats and dogs. IMO the royals would like their pet being quite different from regular wild cats.
Hope its action will be a lot different (like how alolan sandslash can't curl into a sphere).

What if....
Sun and Moon, Gen 7, is situated After Gen 6B and TPCi will release Z as a remake of XY in 2 years... And will continue the story of team flare?

But that are just crazy thoughts...
Maybe they're waiting for another console to fully exhibit the beautiful region?(rumor says there will be a main series pokemon game on nx) But still, not very likely...

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Until there's no English Info about these one, especially the newly revealed Sea Cucumber, I won't give my impressions yet. We need to know:
  • Height/Weight
  • Ability and its description, who knows their abilities are very OP
  • Bio of the new ones if they're friendly or hostile to Pokemon and Humans.

KiKi

Team Harmony
Well now... suddenly the rumors mentioning a sea cucumber Pokemon have become a bit more legitimate. I like it... it's simple, yet kinda cute.
I posted about that just nao in the thread mentioning the sea cucumber.

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
I am really interested to see Alolan Persian. They still have a chance to save Alolan Meowth's reputation. Please don't be obvious and make it fully black/dark gray.

This. Also, what I hope is that the Alolan Persian has somewhat better stats to use. Could it get a secondary typing too you think? If so, which one would fit personally with Persian?

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Hmm, just a random thought but maybe Wimpod and that sea cucumber will be version exclusives.
It's also precious and I love it, I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine. He shall be my squishy