1. When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Alolan Exeggutor Standard 2020

Discussion in 'PTCG Deck Garage' started by Gamerdynasty4ever, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Gamerdynasty4ever Aspiring Trainer
    Gamerdynasty4ever

Hello! I am currently revising my Exeggutor deck for the Standard 2020 rotation, but I would like some feedback from other players.

Here is what I have now:
    ****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
    * 4 Exeggcute FLI 1
    * 2 Shuckle LOT 16
    * 3 Treecko LOT 20
    * 4 Alolan Exeggutor FLI 2
    * 2 Grovyle LOT 21
    * 1 Sceptile CES 10
    * 1 Sceptile-GX LOT 22

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 4 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
    * 4 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
    * 4 Tate & Liza CES 148
    * 4 Cynthia UPR 119
    * 3 Sightseer LOT 189
    * 4 Net Ball LOT 187
    * 4 Lillie UPR 125
    * 1 Life Forest {*} LOT 180
    * 2 Aether Foundation Employee LOT 168

##Energy - 12

* 1 Fire Energy XYEnergy 4
    * 1 Metal Energy BLW 112
    * 7 Grass Energy GEN 75
    * 1 Darkness Energy BLW 111
    * 1 Water Energy BLW 107
    * 1 Fighting Energy BLW 110

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The strategy of this deck is similar to the deck that got 4th place at the Tokyo Championships, however, it's missing a few cards (I switched out any cards that weren't going to be in next year's rotation and replaced them with some new ones and some duplicates).

2. rewster1 Aspiring Trainer
    rewster1

It is a little early to know for sure what will be good, but a few things I can speculate on... I think the third treeko is unnecessary with ditto to fill in, and you need a brock because even though I like employee to get back three trees it won't get eggs.

Gamerdynasty4ever likes this.
  3. Gamerdynasty4ever Aspiring Trainer
    Gamerdynasty4ever

Oh snap, I forgot that Brock's grit is legal now lol

4. PokéTex Aspiring Trainer
    PokéTex

Just a heads up - I'd be mindful of adding Brock's Grit to any Alolan Exeggutor list since you have to shuffle energies into your deck if you don't have 6 Pokemon to do so.

My best bet would be to wait until we're sure what cards we've got left to work with post-rotation. This deck won't suffer as much as others, but we'll really miss Ultra Ball and Guzma like most decks.

ninetales1234 likes this.
  5. rewster1 Aspiring Trainer
    rewster1

It suffers a bit more as a 2 shot deck than OHKO decks do from losing Guzma... I'm considering lance plus 2 Salamence and 4 switch, until better options appear. If we get something better than Brock, that'll be great, but honestly I already play it in my current iteration... I've had to Brock and then reshuckle before, lol.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?