• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Alolan Exeggutor Standard 2020

Gamerdynasty4ever

Aspiring Trainer
Hello! I am currently revising my Exeggutor deck for the Standard 2020 rotation, but I would like some feedback from other players.

Here is what I have now:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 4 Exeggcute FLI 1
* 2 Shuckle LOT 16
* 3 Treecko LOT 20
* 4 Alolan Exeggutor FLI 2
* 2 Grovyle LOT 21
* 1 Sceptile CES 10
* 1 Sceptile-GX LOT 22

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 4 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 4 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
* 4 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Sightseer LOT 189
* 4 Net Ball LOT 187
* 4 Lillie UPR 125
* 1 Life Forest {*} LOT 180
* 2 Aether Foundation Employee LOT 168

##Energy - 12

* 1 Fire Energy XYEnergy 4
* 1 Metal Energy BLW 112
* 7 Grass Energy GEN 75
* 1 Darkness Energy BLW 111
* 1 Water Energy BLW 107
* 1 Fighting Energy BLW 110

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The strategy of this deck is similar to the deck that got 4th place at the Tokyo Championships, however, it's missing a few cards (I switched out any cards that weren't going to be in next year's rotation and replaced them with some new ones and some duplicates).

It is a little early to know for sure what will be good, but a few things I can speculate on... I think the third treeko is unnecessary with ditto to fill in, and you need a brock because even though I like employee to get back three trees it won't get eggs.

It is a little early to know for sure what will be good, but a few things I can speculate on... I think the third treeko is unnecessary with ditto to fill in, and you need a brock because even though I like employee to get back three trees it won't get eggs.
Oh snap, I forgot that Brock's grit is legal now lol

Just a heads up - I'd be mindful of adding Brock's Grit to any Alolan Exeggutor list since you have to shuffle energies into your deck if you don't have 6 Pokemon to do so.

My best bet would be to wait until we're sure what cards we've got left to work with post-rotation. This deck won't suffer as much as others, but we'll really miss Ultra Ball and Guzma like most decks.

It suffers a bit more as a 2 shot deck than OHKO decks do from losing Guzma... I'm considering lance plus 2 Salamence and 4 switch, until better options appear. If we get something better than Brock, that'll be great, but honestly I already play it in my current iteration... I've had to Brock and then reshuckle before, lol.

Back