• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Alolan Dugtrio

TheHumbleKitten

Aspiring Trainer
Hello, need help to update the following decklist:

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 3 Cutiefly BUS 95
* 3 Ribombee BUS 96
* 1 Magcargo CES 24
* 4 Alolan Diglett LOT 122
* 3 Alolan Dugtrio UPR 79
* 1 Marshadow PR-SM SM85

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Energy Retrieval SLG 59
* 3 Mt. Coronet UPR 130
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 3 Professor Elm’s Lecture LOT 188
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Great Ball SLG 60
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135

##Energy - 12

* 12 Metal Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The strategy of this deck is to draw energies using Ribombee's ability and discarding the energies using Alolan Dugtrio's attack for massive damage. Mt. Coronet and Energy Retrieval help with getting energies at hand from the discard pile, while Energy Recycler shuffles them to the deck. Diglett, Dugtrio and Cutiefly are all 60 hp or below, so Professor Elm's Lecture is great for drawing them. The low HP of these cards make them susceptible to spread decks (not so prevalent in my local league) and bench snipe, so I've considered adding a Machoke to protect the bench. Fisherman and Lady have also been considered to get more energies at hand, but I am wondering if there are any cards from the Team Up expansion (or even Unbroken Bonds) that could be added here.

Exact decklist is featured in the Youtube-channel "Pokemon TCG Center", btw

Brock's Grit is one of the most important cards to have in Dugtrio imho. I only played it back when EVO Starmie was legal, though, so I'm not sure if it's still as good with energy recycler around.

Where is your Fisherman?
Pal Pad isn’t necessary.
And yes, Brock’s Grit is essential.

I fear you don’t have enough Energy retieval/shuffle-in for this deck to hit the numbers it needs to on a turn-after-turn basis. You need 3/4 of your energy in hand to OHKO Pikarom. Which, admittedly, isn’t bad, but you need to do it twice, preferably in a row.

Brock's Grit is one of the most important cards to have in Dugtrio imho. I only played it back when EVO Starmie was legal, though, so I'm not sure if it's still as good with energy recycler around.

I'm fairly new to ptcg, so not familiar with that deck, but how was Brock's Grit used? Is it just to shuffle energies back into the deck or also to act as a Rescue Stretcher? If it's just the former, would you consider Fisherman a better option since I can get energies directly to my hand? Also what would you cut for x amount of Brock's Grit?

Last edited:
Where is your Fisherman?
Pal Pad isn’t necessary.
And yes, Brock’s Grit is essential.

I fear you don’t have enough Energy retieval/shuffle-in for this deck to hit the numbers it needs to on a turn-after-turn basis. You need 3/4 of your energy in hand to OHKO Pikarom. Which, admittedly, isn’t bad, but you need to do it twice, preferably in a row.

Thanks for you suggestions. Would you only cut the Pal Pad for one Fisherman, or more substitutes? And also, is Brock's Grit used for energies or also as a Rescue Stretcher (same question I asked FourteenAlmonds)? And how many copies of it/what would you cut?

I'm fairly new to ptcg, so not familiar with that deck, but how was Brock's Grit used? Is it just to shuffle energies back into the deck or also to act as a Rescue Stretcher? If it's just the former, would you consider Fisherman a better option since I can get energies directly to my hand? Also what would you cut for x amount of Brock's Grit?
Thanks for you suggestions. Would you only cut the Pal Pad for one Fisherman, or more substitutes? And also, is Brock's Grit used for energies or also as a Rescue Stretcher (same question I asked FourteenAlmonds)? And how many copies of it/what would you cut?
These are difficult questions. One, Brock’s Grit can sort of be both, BUT you also have Ribombee to fish them straight back into the deck. That’s a pretty good deal, especially if you shuffle in a lot of Energy.
I’d take out both Rescue Stretcher for Brock’s Grit, and a Pal Pad and Lillie for the Fisherman.
If these cards do you good, consider taking out Energy Retrieval for more of them.
Now here’s the problem: you’re playing a lot of different Supporters. Finding the right one is going to be tricky, unless you have Lele. If you can’t afford them (you probably only need 1) then try to cut techs for Judge Whistle or Acro Bike.
Those are my suggestions, and please ride this deck to victory, I’d love to see this deck work!
I have played it a few times myself, but it doesn’t work out for me, simply because deckbuilding. This looks like a good list, though, so you should be pretty okay.

These are difficult questions. One, Brock’s Grit can sort of be both, BUT you also have Ribombee to fish them straight back into the deck. That’s a pretty good deal, especially if you shuffle in a lot of Energy.
I’d take out both Rescue Stretcher for Brock’s Grit, and a Pal Pad and Lillie for the Fisherman.
If these cards do you good, consider taking out Energy Retrieval for more of them.
Now here’s the problem: you’re playing a lot of different Supporters. Finding the right one is going to be tricky, unless you have Lele. If you can’t afford them (you probably only need 1) then try to cut techs for Judge Whistle or Acro Bike.
Those are my suggestions, and please ride this deck to victory, I’d love to see this deck work!
I have played it a few times myself, but it doesn’t work out for me, simply because deckbuilding. This looks like a good list, though, so you should be pretty okay.

Thanks, will try your suggestions and see how it goes next time I stop by the local league

Back