Discussion All the Cards that are removed from Evolving Skies

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Well, I can't fit more than 1 image in a thread. That sucks. I'll put Spoilers on the cards.

1625927322183.png1625927351777.png1625927357181.png1625927362125.png1625927368309.png1625927389767.png1625927396316.png1625927414046.png1625927418536.png1625927429839.png

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
A shame that some of the story cards were partially cut. Like Mawile and Meowth cut when Eldgeoss and Smeargle made it, and Raichu in but Rotom/Sewaddle out.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
There's always the next set and promos... still, almost 100 cards being cut means next set will probably have around 300 cards.

Lexi Stardust

Aspiring Trainer
Wait... why did they remove so many eeveelution cards from the eeveelution set? Still, this is sad to see, there is a lot of cute artwork here, I hope that there is still a lot of cute n cool art in the set, this is the first time I have bought Pokemon cards in 7 years...

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
First of all, we'll all get these cards EVENTUALLY. I personally feel like they cut most of the most entertaining cards, but that means those cards will also be available (later) in booster boxes, blisters, and ETBs withOUT as many dragons or Eeveelutions to drive up the resale value.
Second, wow, I can't believe they actually remove that many cards.
Third, this makes five Vs and four VMAXs whose alternate arts have been removed... or would it be more accurate to say saved? After all, we got many many Tag Team alternate arts as PROMOs, and I suspect that we'll get these cards in a box, or perhaps several boxes. Then again, we still haven't gotten many of the SM era full arts and alternate arts... although those may not be lost causes either, since we're STILL getting SM PROMOs two years later. And it is the 25th Anniversary, after all, an excellent time to get a few unannounced boxed sets. In any case, why WOULDN'T TPCI bring these cards to the West? The primary goal of ANY business is to make a profit, and to NOT take full advantage of the amazing Eeveelution alternate arts would be a wasted business opportunity. (If we do get these cards as PROMOs, I hope we get them in a single box, because I don't want to have to choose between the three VMAXs. I would probably have to SHARE the box with my brother, however.)

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
First of all, we'll all get these cards EVENTUALLY. I personally feel like they cut most of the most entertaining cards, but that means those cards will also be available (later) in booster boxes, blisters, and ETBs withOUT as many dragons or Eeveelutions to drive up the resale value.
Second, wow, I can't believe they actually remove that many cards.
Third, this makes five Vs and four VMAXs whose alternate arts have been removed... or would it be more accurate to say saved? After all, we got many many Tag Team alternate arts as PROMOs, and I suspect that we'll get these cards in a box, or perhaps several boxes. Then again, we still haven't gotten many of the SM era full arts and alternate arts... although those may not be lost causes either, since we're STILL getting SM PROMOs two years later. And it is the 25th Anniversary, after all, an excellent time to get a few unannounced boxed sets. In any case, why WOULDN'T TPCI bring these cards to the West? The primary goal of ANY business is to make a profit, and to NOT take full advantage of the amazing Eeveelution alternate arts would be a wasted business opportunity. (If we do get these cards as PROMOs, I hope we get them in a single box, because I don't want to have to choose between the three VMAXs. I would probably have to SHARE the box with my brother, however.)
I agree, but at the same time, I hope we don't have to endure a wait period that lasts until the release of some late post-gen premium collection released on a month or so before the next-gen reaches the two-year mark, giving Espeon VMAX/Umbreon VMAX/Any other Eeveelution that's NOT from Kanto the least amount of time possible in Standard, not to mention that you'll have to really pay up in money just to get, and who knows if that would mean Europe won't see their version of Eeveelutions? If that's the intention, then that means they'll have to resort to American importing, just like they had to in order to get any Legendary Treasures cards, just to get those Eeveelutions outside those we're getting from the upcoming Tins to their end of the Atlantic... Those Eeveelutions deserve better than just collecting dust in the forgotten/delayed bin until long after its origin set has passed, out of the hat at a mystery moment in time. They were given out in the Japanese lottery, but they better not hold those cards out until their generation's last gasp is reached... I want to know where the cut cards are going. Is it SS8? Or near-term promo box?

Will Gengar single strike vmax, which they say might be a late ESK removal, suffer a similar fate? Long waiting to see where that will be in too, but will it be ignored by tpci until it's too late to capitalize in English?

Last edited:

Samhain

Aspiring Trainer
I'm tired of always waiting and always getting the short end of the stick. There has to be a way to buy singles from Japan, right?