ALL 'Phantom Forces' Scans! [10/24]

Skulblaka_Shur'tugal

Zippy Says Hi!
RE: 115+ 'Phantom Forces' Scans! [10/24]

Me personally, I'm just excited there are two Helioptile cards in this set.

Also, I'll point out that there is no SR M Manectric card on the front page, but WPM didn't list it as one of the scans he's missing. Inconsistency.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer

It's a shame they had to ruin Lysandre's Last Resort with a lame name like that. Seriously the fact that it even has the word card in the title.

That would be like calling Gengar's Full Art Ex, "Gengar's Full Art EX card".

EricDent

Aspiring Trainer

BTW what is up with those crappy Team Flare logos?
Makes it rather hard to read what the card does.
If they wanted to do logos, put them behind the text like Team Plasma had.

Plus why are certain "Team Flare" cards lacking the logo?
Like Target Whistle, Substitute Robot, etc?

Also why aren't Lysandre & Xersic Team Flare cards either?

Makes Team Flare seem kinda pointless IMO.

Also they don't get any Pokemon either (yet?)

Reggie McGigas

-

GadgetJax said:
Serperior said:
It's a pretty Awful Card

DCE may not be what he's talking about. I see the King Of The Golems mixing well in Bronzong Decks.

Fighting type decks aren't exactly a staple because of Mewtwo.

Regigigas isn't an overpowered card but it can work. Heck, it might see play in Blastoise decks because if you already have Blastoise out and 2 water and a DCE in your hand you can get T1 100 damage.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account

I don't get the numerous complaints about Lysandre being renamed. "Last Resort" and "Trump Card" basically mean the same thing anyway, and there was never any sort of official translation that said the Japanese title is definitely supposed to mean "Last Resort." Kind of like how the set that became Supreme Victors is referred to as "Beat of the Frontier" in some places and "Pulse of the Frontier" in others.

bbocwerdna

Aspiring Trainer

So, do you still believe that the shiny M Gengar EX is a SR in the set? I hadn't even thought about that until I saw it suggested, but now I'll be pretty disappointed if it isn't in the set :/

ThunderSloth

RI5K IT 4 DA BI5KT
Dialga, Manectric and Bronzong are a great match
Dialga uses FMI for 170 with a MB
Uses bronzong to get the Metal back and continues(you would use keldeo to rush in retreat to do that)
If the Pokémon has 180 or more HP, send manectric out with 1 energy and take the KO

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
So that Slurpuff thankfully isn't broken, but it still might be good with the other Slurpuff which prevents special conditions.

The dimensional valley card looks like something about of Super Mario Galaxy!

I can't decide if the secret rare Dialga EX is a cool looking card or an eyesore.

Overall, I'm really warming up to this set. A lot of the cards, while not that good at first glance, have a lot of potential. And I love that there's so many disruption cards. I just hope they have a chance in an environment overrun by fast hard hitting attackers.

Carpey

Deck Experimenter
Yay, bigger scans! I really like the AegislashEX because you can kind of see the translucent King's Shield-looking pattern in the foreground. Head Ringer is a name I much prefer to Head Noiser. Annnd maybe the most complicated card in the set: Robo Substitute! From what I've gathered by how it was translated, I guess you can't attack with it and it can be set on the bench? It obviously isn't set on another Pokemon like I originally thought. If I got something wrong with it, please help me out! :D

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Kind of too bad that Shiny Gengar EX isn't a secret rare. Assuming we will at all, I wonder how we'll get it then. Of course the same thing goes for Diancie EX. This is a bit more relevant since we already know there will be a M. Diancie EX box in January and unless they change things around it won't be a combination thing like the Metagross collection.

I just hope being secret rare doesn't make full metal Dialga EX FA won't make it too expensive.

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker

Reggie McGigas said:
GadgetJax said:
DCE may not be what he's talking about. I see the King Of The Golems mixing well in Bronzong Decks.

Regigigas isn't an overpowered card but it can work. Heck, it might see play in Blastoise decks because if you already have Blastoise out and 2 water and a DCE in your hand you can get T1 100 damage.

Don't forget, Daunt is really good. Yea, the effect only applies to the defending pokemon but 40 damage less is great.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
It kind of confuses me that we have four different Fufrou (yes I know it's based off of the designs they can be groomed with in the Kalos region) and we could potentially end up with eight more (not including shiny stuff) and yet we only got two of the four different Deerling/Sawsbuck seasons. I wonder why that is.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
They made a third Deerling that wasn't released outside of Japan, too. For some reason Sawsbuck is one of the very rare Unova Pokemon that has only two cards so far (the very least among Gen Fivers).

ECHOxLegend

All-Seeing Trainer

SilentlyFreezing said:
I don't seem to see the usage behind Battle Compressor. Why would you go searching through your deck only to discard three cards? If you didn't want them in your deck, why put them in? And why would you want a smaller deck (after the discarding)?
lots of decks prefer their cards in discard because their discard is basically another draw pool.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Reggie McGigas said:
GadgetJax said:

Not to come off as condescending, but Fighting type decks are meta. Mewtwo threatens Lucario, but baby Landorus, Hawlucha, and Landorus-EX don't care about Mewtwo. No one plays Blastoise in the standard format because of VirGen.