All/Near Deaths in Pokémon History

Joefish19

Aspiring Trainer
I`ve counted up the highest number of deaths/near deaths in pokemon and i got to about 22. But, i thought of more as i wrote this with my DSi. Here's a list it is mostly in chronological order starting from the first episode going to the new movie recently released in Japan (well, as best as i can remember). You will notice that most of these are Ash, tere is no typo, Ash has really died/almost died over 7 times(which I kinda think is funny).
1 Ash #1, episode 1, almost killed by spearows, they didn't let him die on the fist episode, because it wold look bad for the show
2 Pikachu, episode1, almost killed from defending ash from spearows
3 Ash #2, 1st or 2nd movie,Ash died from going in between Mew`s and Mewtwo's attacks, then is revived by all of the pokemon, both real and copies made by mewtwo,who give him their "energies"
4 Lugia, movie 2000, almost died from being attacked too much
5 Entei, entei movie, at the end, he disintegrates
6 Little girl`s dad, entei movie, got sucked into a vortex of doom by the unown
7 Ash #3, entei movie, almost falls to his doom, but is saved by everyone else
8 Charizard, entei movie, almost falls to his doom, but wakes up
9 Charizard, entei movei, entei almost kills him, but doesn`t because the girl told him not to
10 Ash #4, Banned Legend of the Dratini episode, he had a gun pulled up to his face, but he wasn`t shot or shot at
11 Undefined pokemon, an episode in the first 2 seasons, Ash had to deliver medicine to a pokemon center, over a bridge, on a bycicle route, by bike to save them, which he did
12 Ash #5, shipwreck episode 1st or 2nd season, Ash and friends survive a shipwreck, but end up almost drowning at the bottom of the ocean
13 Misty, shipwreck episode, same as # 12
14 Brock, shipwreck, same as 12
15,16,&17 Team Rocket, shipwreck, same as 12
18,19,&20 Ash # 6 and friends, semi-banned beauty at the beach episode about #36, they crash a boat into a dock
21,22,23 Ash #7 & friends, banned porygon episode in season 1, something shoots at them with powerful rockets and missles, which is exploded far away, thanks to pikachu
***NOTE: FROM HERE ON OUT, I WILL ONLY BE TALKING ABOUT MOVIES. IF I MISSED ANYTHING, POST IT HERE W/ TH FORMAT THAT I HAVE USED, and please put a '.5' or whatever if it goes between 2 numbers.
THE FORMAT IS:
CHRONOLOGICAL # PERSON OR POKEMON NAME, EPISODE NAME/# OR MOVIE NAME/#, FURTHER DESCRIPTION IN MORE DETAIL.

24 Deoxys, Destiny Deoxys movie, Deoxys is vaporized by Raquaza's extremely up close hyperbeam, it then took about 7 years to regenerate
25 Ash #8, Manaphy movie, Ash drowns trying to put the sea crown back together, but then Manaphy revives him using telekinetic powers
26 Sir Eric, Mysterious Mew & Lucario, he sacrifices himself to keep the 2 sides from fighting & detoying the castle
27,28,29,30,31 Ash #9, May, Brock, Max, and a famous person, Mew & Lucario movie, they get eaten by the tree's 'antibodies', but then mew tells the tree to spit them back up
32,33,34 Team Rocket,Mew & Lucario movie, same as Ash and friends in 28-31
35,36 Mew and the Tree, mew and lucario movie,they start dying, but lucario sacrifices itself to save them and be with Sir Eric
37 Lucario, mew and lucario movie, it sacrifices itself to save mew and the tree and to be with sir eric
** there is a lot of stuff in the lucario movie

38 Darkrai, Darkrai movie, It tries to stop/stall Dialga and Palkia`s fighting long enough for Ash, Dawn, and Brock to pay the music to calm them down, he succeeds but is destroyed, but somehow is alive at
the end of the movie
39 Giratina, Giratina and the Sky Warroir movie, has his powers sucked out of him by the badguy's machine, almost dies, then is healed by Shaymin
**From here to the end is from what I've seen, read, or heard about the new Arceus movie that recently came out in Japan, which isn't much

40,41,42 Ash #10 and friends, Arceus movie, they get attacked by a legendary pokemon, that woud have killed them if a person didn't intervein and make Dialga use protect in front of them
43 Arceus, Arceus movie, when the guy was going to return the life jewel to Arceus, it is attacked by many other pokemon for no reason, which caused it's great slumber
44 Unkown people, Arceus movie, Arceus wakes up, and uses a very powerful attack and completely destroys a city in it's rage
45 Arceus, Arceus movie, After destroying the city, as described in # 44, Arceus wanders the streets, destroying anything that it sees, when molten metal, that was melted by Arceus' attack, pours out from above Arceus and basically forms a metal shell around him, he almost dies, but he revovers
46 Pikachu, Arceus movie, I don't know much about it, but he 'dies' and is probably revived
*Again, this is only from what I've heard, read, or seen, and that isn't much

I missed a few
23.5 Unknown people, banned tentacruel episode, a mean person gets many giant tentacruel and terrorized the city by knocking down buildings and the like, Ash and friends probably beat them at the end of the episode
23.6 Latios, Heroes movie, Latios dies
23.7 Celebi, 4Ever, it dies then is revived

I know, but they're close enough for me, and i've already done a part 2 and i don't want to renumber them all

Joefish19 said:
I know, but they're close enough for me, and I've already done a part 2 and I don't want to renumber them all

This isn't an instant messaging Service ya know, this is a FORUM.

With a nice little new invention that amazes thousands, if not millions of people with it's fascination an ingenuity...

the edit button.

GraveTheUndead said:
This isn't an instant messaging Service ya know, this is a FORUM.

With a nice little new invention that amazes thousands, if not millions of people with it's fascination an ingenuity...

the edit button.

They're new. They may not know that there is an edit button. No need to be rude like that.

wow, how is this still on one of the first few pages if the last post was like a year ago? ...and don't remind me of the terribly sad Lucario movie... D; oh, and it's sir Aaron, not Eric, btw... but that's okay i guess if you don't wanna still edit it now....

oh, and lol, does every time team rocket blasts off count? xD

*read rules again more carefully without just glancing*
heh, sorry if I wasn't supposed to post on here anymore and for that other thread i made...

Well, you forgot, that in the "Episode Tower of Terror", while Ash was trying to get an Ghost-Type to fight Sabrina, he was crushed under a Chandellier, then electrocuted by Pikachu's discharge.
After that, Haunter pulled both of their Souls/ghosts out of their bodies.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP023

Well, just to point out a lot of "near" deaths, lets look at the character of Ash Ketchum. How about every time Ash jumped off a cliff, to save Pikachu. We all know this is fatal, I mean come on. Another fatal experience, is every time Ash has been shocked by Pikachu. I will post a video below the explains why Pikachu's lightning bolt is fatal to humans, and Ash more specifically. Regardless, it doesn't take a genius to know in general, being shocked that many times by a powerful bolt will be fatal. Sorry the video is kind of long and informative. :p

Last edited:
Hunter J and her miniouns might have been killed by the Lake Trio

To add on to that, on a few occasions during the Riolu 2 part in the anime, on a few occasions she seems as though she is actually trying to kill Ash - she gets her Salamence to burn down the forest he and his friends are in, and use Hyper Beam directly at him, she gets her Drapion to squeeze him tightly with its claws, and she drops him out of her ship from a large height.

Back