all muligans

Chatot Brains

I didn't do it!
wouldn't a deck with no basics be so cool because then you keep getting muligans and in the end your opponent runs out of cards and you win!

Except that the rules state you HAVE to have at least one basic Pokemon in your deck. Also, your opponent doesnt HAVE to draw a card with the mulligan.

Funny, I once built a deck at League called LONE ENTEI. It had just 1 Pokemon, an Entei. The strategy was to make them get low on their deck with mulligans, then, once you do finally get an Entei, you start attacking, hopefulyy makeing them deck out due to Entei's Body. Another good name could be Entei stall, as it had 4 Potion, 4 Buffer, etc.

Then I came up with LONE LUGIA. Similar to LONE ENTEI, except this time Lugia stall instead. Strategy was was to use Lugia's first attack to keep returning Energy to their hand, thus preventing them from attacking, and ER2 stopping Benched threats. You could also use Lugia's second attack if they didn't have any Energy on the Defending Pokemon for a KO.

These ideas were just for fun, remember. I wouldn't actually consider entering a tournamen with one of these decks. Of course, I'd call them something like T2 Banette or something, 'cause I wouldn't want the name to give anything away from the concept of the deck.

But, yeah, you have to have at least one Basic in your deck. But, I wonder what would happen if you could have 0 Basics in mirror... or if your opponent knew what to do against you (not draw cards for mulligans)... LOL.

Mewtwo Base Set + 59 Energy. Barrier Stall.

But yeah, that prolly wont work anymore nowadays.

Back