TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
Man, when was the last time we got a good Scizor card... ah well, I guess it's balanced out by Scizor being a beast in the mainline games.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
wow, klinklang is amazing. instant power up on evo, 130 damage is an important number as well.

Merms

Aspiring Trainer
With the clues I got from the CHR cards already shown I think I figured out what the remaining two CHR cards are:

Jynx and Smeargle. They were prominently shown off during tonight's Japanese Youtube channel. I'll say Furisode Girl with Jynx and Ilima with Smeargle. I know there was the Dedenne/Furisode Girl CHR already but this one would feature a different Furisode Girl.

Last edited:

bktan

Aspiring Trainer
I think the remaining Character Rares may be Salazzle with either Lusamine or Plumeria and Meowstic with the Furisode Girl. And of course the CSR of Alolan Vulpix Vstar with Lilly now that we have confirmation of full art Vstars.
No, if we assume that they would have revealed a CHR with the card like they have done for the other 4, then the only options left for CHRs, based on the positioning/numbering are:

1: Jynx or Luvdisc
2: Scizor, Pawniard, Bisharp or Smeargle

Would love Jynx to get some love. The Komiya art is already stunning.

I'm guessing the last one is Smeargle.

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
Do anyone know the interaction with radiant alakazam and fusion energy?

Example is that I use the abilty on genesect V, obviously it isn’t removing any damage counters of genesect as it has the energy on it. But will there still be 2 damage counters on the meloetta that doesn’t have any fusion energy

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Also, SWSH 12.5 confirms the reprint of Switch so its not a huge thing. It wont be in Silver Tempest, I can assure that. I just want to see Gym Trainer tho, that was in Silver Tempest, I just don't see the actual card
It had already been reprinted in the Start Deck 100 with a regulation F.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Do anyone know the interaction with radiant alakazam and fusion energy?

Example is that I use the abilty on genesect V, obviously it isn’t removing any damage counters of genesect as it has the energy on it. But will there still be 2 damage counters on the meloetta that doesn’t have any fusion energy
We need the ruling before assuming everythhing.
I think the remaining Character Rares may be Salazzle with either Lusamine or Plumeria and Meowstic with the Furisode Girl. And of course the CSR of Alolan Vulpix Vstar with Lilly now that we have confirmation of full art Vstars.
Not official. Alolan Vulpix V, yeah. VStar, nah. Cannot imagine the AA VStar looks like, especially VStar has Gold dust in the artwork

bktan

Aspiring Trainer
We need the ruling before assuming everythhing.

Not official. Alolan Vulpix V, yeah. VStar, nah. Cannot imagine the AA VStar looks like, especially VStar has Gold dust in the artwork

I think the Gym Trainer is the one printed in Taiwan? Hong Kong? Thailand? Somewhere in Asia for the Eeveelution tournament as a participation prize or something.

greenday24

Aspiring Trainer
Love to see all the new metal Pokémon. Klinklang + Memory Capsule could be interesting to use in a deck. I also wonder if the Mewtwo from this set will get any use in the lunarock deck. I also can’t wait to potentially try out that Ho-oh.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
? MAGEARNA V is in this set yet they're focusing on Alolan Vulpix???? that's a head scratcher. might as well call it white tempest if the 2 set mascots are white Pokemon

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Looks like Lost Zone has already been dropped after just 1 half set
Oh dear lord, I didn't even realize that. What kind of lunatic are running this TCG that they just can't stick to a thing? I'm fine with each gen having a new base 2-prizer, but there's no reason to drop lost zone cards after 1 set every single time...

fleshrum

Cephalophore
the psychic lineup also seems more than a little solid. filter draw, supporter search, big damage, discard return. nothing new but good synergy across the board.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
With the clues I got from the CHR cards already shown I think I figured out what the remaining two CHR cards are:

Jynx and Smeargle. They were prominently shown off during tonight's Japanese Youtube channel. I'll say Furisode Girl with Jynx and Ilima with Smeargle. I know there was the Dedenne/Furisode Girl CHR already but this one would feature a different Furisode Girl.
I could see it being Jynx and Will and Klinklang and Colress, but that's maybe hopeful thinking on my end hehe

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Yanma/Yanmega - I'll buy the Yanma over the Yanmega, even though it is frail on a Basic and does 10. 3/3
Scyther/Scizor - *yawn*. 2/2
Carnivine - *yawn* 2
Serperior V/VSTAR - Its fine. 3-4/3-4
Petilil/H. Lilligant - I rather have that on a basic tbh. 2/2
R. Tsareena - still not impressed. 3
Zarude and Calyrex - *yawn*. 2-3,2-3
Growlithe/Arcanine - sucks that it is 3 energy. Double Turbo can't even helped, for a blandly Pokemon V KO, I get it. 230 able to KO a V seems a good one, but seeing multiple of these atks that do flat KOs on Vs seems not-so-special to me. 3/3
Entei - oh wel. 3
Reshiram V - another one of these cards that blandly KOs Vs. 3
Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox - better to run the stage 1. Saves you some trouble. 2-3/4-5/4
Volcanion - *yawn*. 2
Salandit/Salazzle - *yawn*. 2/2
A. Vulpix V/VSTAR - free atk KO. 3/4
Articuno - *yawn*. 3
Wailmer/Wailord - let me sleeep already! 2/2
Feebas/Milotic - I would rather yawn at Milotic. 4/2
Luvdisc - where's shuffle draw 8? 1
Kyogre - more bland cards, oh boy. *yawn*. 3
R. Alakazam - seems interesting but I don't I'll sack my Radmon slot for Greninja or Gardevoir for this. 4
Exeggcute/Exeggutor - another one of these. 3/3
Jynx - 100 HP really? I would rather run a Miltank to counter it. Srsly, many decks, even the Worlds decks run single prized basics. Palkia with CRE Intel and Greninja, Mewtwo V-Union with Miltank, even... Arceus runs solely on Vs and a Decidueye VSTAR... Mew still runs Meloetta. Yeah, many decks can still play around Jynx. 3
Mewtwo - *yawn*. 3
Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir - better run Kirlia, but Gardevoir and Gallade has nice abilities. 3/4/3-4
Mawile V/VSTAR - Ok. 3/4
Espurr/Meowstic - easily forgotten card, just tbh. 3/3
Tapu Lele - *yawn* 3
Magearna V - easily blocked by Duraludon. 3
Klink/Klang/Klinklang - OMG, I hate it. Better be on a Basic or even better, on a Stage 1. 3/3/3
Pawniard/Bisharp - *yawn* 1/1
R. Jirachi - Spiritomb x 3. 5 Geodudes
Zacian - not as better than Moltres and Hoopa. Moltres just one Magma Basin to do decent 1 energy atk. 3
Zamazenta - another GLC stuff that I don't give a concern of. 3
Ho-oh V - What a waste. It has potential, but fueling a second Ho-oh would be a problem. 3-4
Swablu/Altaria - *yawn*. Let me sleep already.
Smeargle - not wasting a prize for accel 1 energy card. 2-3
Chatot - generic bland. *Yawn* 1 Geodude
Capture Aroma - SV is coming next year, we have better search cards coming soon. 3-4
Emergency Jelly - when will this see some use? 3
Serena - I'm buying this card, without any hate. A Draw Card or a Gusting card. 5 Geodudes
Wallace - still worse than Hau. 3
Furisode Girl - interesting card. I want to see how will this work. 4
V Guard Energy - another Blissey V fodder. 4

Last edited: