Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Pokemon TCG Trick or Trade BOOster Bundle has been spotted early at some retailers in the United States, including Kohl’s and Kroger.
The set includes 30 cards. All of them are reprints. However, they feature a special Pikachu pumpkin stamp in the corner of the artwork.

Pokemon-TCG-Halloween-Trick-or-Trade-Set-300x277.jpg

Darkrai-Halloween-215x300.jpg

Pokemon_TCG_Trick_or_Trade_BOOster_Bundle_Product_Shot_2-164x300.jpg

Ten of the cards are holo: Gengar, Mewtwo, Mismagius, Dusknoir, Darkrai, Chandelure, Trevenant, Gorgeist, Mimikyu, and Hatterene.

Halloween-Pokemon-TCG-Set-300x230.jpg

You can complete the set with...

Continue reading...

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
They could've made like five new, exclusive cards and one could be that Gengar haunting pikachu (with different ability and attack). Heck, how about some candy items and a graveyard stadium card too. Instead, they just added an ugly pikachu pumpkin stamp. Yeah, not worth my money.

Here's an idea: make a chirstmas edition with ice pokemon, flying pokemon etc. and add a pikachu head with a Santa's hat on it. Or delibird head stamp. You guys know what to do.

chris.n7

Aspiring Trainer
They could've made like five new, exclusive cards and one could be that Gengar haunting pikachu (with different ability and attack). Heck, how about some candy items and a graveyard stadium card too. Instead, they just added an ugly pikachu pumpkin stamp. Yeah, not worth my money.

Here's an idea: make a chirstmas edition with ice pokemon, flying pokemon etc. and add a pikachu head with a Santa's hat on it. Or delibird head stamp. You guys know what to do.
I mean you're not really the target audience anyway. This is to give out to kids at Halloween, not for collectors to hoard.

Chris_the_hammer

Aspiring Trainer
I mean you're not really the target audience anyway. This is to give out to kids at Halloween, not for collectors to hoard.
Regardless of who the intended audience is the goal of every company is to make money. They could have done plenty of things differently to actually make these a massive success and warrant a mase print run but instead they made them generic reprints that just have a stamp on them

gtm

Aspiring Trainer
Regardless of who the intended audience is the goal of every company is to make money.
I agree but there is more than one path to do so. I think it's reasonable for them to believe this, as is, will bring a lot of children into the game and removes some of the reputation of it being a scalper's game to casuals, and ultimately give them more money in the long term. I think that's a reasonable take if that's what they believe.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Golly, can't wait for all the middle-aged white guys to buy these up and immediately invalidate the inherent purpose of these packs! Halloween 2022, here we come 🙄
I think you are referring to scalpers, if that is the case then they will end up shooting themselves. Parents will be like "eh, a pack of candies cost way way less". For the fun of it, I will be at a Target store on September 5th to see if these guys show up (and videotape them too).

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I think you are referring to scalpers, if that is the case then they will end up shooting themselves. Parents will be like "eh, a pack of candies cost way way less". For the fun of it, I will be at a Target store on September 5th to see if these guys show up (and videotape them too).
I think thet will be specifically because these packs have Gengar and Mewtwo, and we all know how much of a boner white dudes born in the 90's get over LE EPIC GEN 1 Pokemon. In fact, I'd wager that if these packs only had gen 3-8 Pokemon, nobody but parents would care about this.

Pikachuisunderrated

Aspiring Trainer
Bought 2 "bundle bags"(idk what else to call it lol) today at my local Kohl's, they are charging $17.99 before tax *shrug*.

After opening 1 bundle bag I completed 2 master sets and have 14 packs remaining + leftover holo's/bulk. This product was fun to open and the kids in my neighborhood are going to love it!

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
I really like these.

Sure they are reprints and the set isn’t anything to brag about, but I like the novelty of it. It’s like the Yu-Gi-Oh! advent calendars that Konami used to sell. It’s just something fun and that’s what cards are supposed to be: Something fun.

nick15

Fake Card Master
Oooh! What a fun idea! Kinda like when I used to just hand out my commons out instead...

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
pack card designation... got the set within 16 packs
1.Gourgeist hatenna murkrow
2.Dusknoir litwick misdreavus
3.Trevenant lampent pumpkaboo
4.Chandelure cubone nickit
5.Hatterene spinarak gastly
6.Mismagius lampent nickit
7.Darkrai phantump pumpkaboo
8.Mimikyu lampent haunter
9.Mewtwo litwick dusclops
10.Darkrai hatenna murkrow
11.Chandelure cubone gastly
12.Mewtwo pikachu sinistea
13.Gengar spinarak polteageist
14.Hatterene hattrem nickit
15.Mewtwo ariados duskull
16.Trevenant zubat misdreavus

Last edited:

Bones

Aspiring Trainer
I was hoping to get some of these to give out for Halloween. I live in Atlantic Canada and haven't been able to find them anywhere; did they really get snatched up that fast?! Anyone know the names of some Canadian stores that carry them?

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
i cant say anything about Canada, but my walmart hasnt stalked much of anything this month. they just put out the BOOsters this weekend. walgreens have had them for a month already. Walgreens and Meijer both have them in the halloween section, not the toys or card section.