Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Japanese fans are beginning to post the secret rares from Fusion Arts to social media!
We translated all of Fusion Arts last week. It will become part of our Fusion Strike set in November.
Be sure to keep checking this news story throughout the night for new cards and follow me on Twitter!

101-Tsareena-V-1-142x200.jpg

#101 Tsareena V

102-Chandelure-V-2-141x200.jpg

#102 Chandelure V

103-Crabominable-V-1-141x200.jpg

#103 Crabominable V

104-Boltund-V-1-141x200.jpg

#104...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

montoya.c

Aspiring Trainer
I guess for the American audience we’ll also get the alt arts of Gengar and Inteleon VMAX. Hopefully they’ll surprise us and throw in that Celebi V alt art as well but somehow I doubt it.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Time to edit my set list. Hopefully some breaking news will come.

Wait. Are they fixed the issue of low pull rates for SRs from the previous set?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I guess for the American audience we’ll also get the alt arts of Gengar and Inteleon VMAX. Hopefully they’ll surprise us and throw in that Celebi V alt art as well but somehow I doubt it.
Breaking News: They are confirmed, based on my setlist since no alt arts for Tsareena and Boltund, like I was predicting, I just chucked in Sandaconda and Celebi to complete the 13 FAs Vs, like what mentioned in the press info.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Fusion Strike might break Cosmic Eclipse's record for being the biggest TCG set in the history of Pokemon TCG, with 284 possible cards.

BugBoyInaButterflyExhibit

Aspiring Trainer
A little disappointed in the alt-arts. Mostly that Hoopa and Chandelure didn't get one and that the Mew VMAX is so meh. Thought they'd knock it out of the park.

OTOH, that Chandelure full art is beautiful.

EDIT: After another look, I think the Mew VMAX might look really nice in person. It's hard to tell exactly, but it looks like it has some nice background imagery, but it's blocked out by too many energy swirls and ribbons.

Last edited:

Tomsheldon

litwix
Its very hard to see but I think Mew Vmax seems to be floating/terrorizing around a major city like maybe Tokyo, it appears to be billboards and a car and skyscrapers around it
The set is themed around Wyndon, which is Pokemon’s equivalent to London in Galar. You can see the London taxi, buses, telephone box, London eye and Big Ben props in the background :) though the swirls obscure a lot of the art 😭

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Also GOD I have such mixed feelings about this set as a whole.. I hate that Greedent got an Alt Art over Chadelure and Boltund, but the art is very charming so I'm conflicted UGH. I really can't believe Boltund didn't get an Alt Art, considering they went through the trouble of giving it a second V for some reason, it could've easily been Zebstrika to go with Elesa, smh

I currently have a Japanese box of this preordered but it's such a gamble to open it cuz of all the dud SRs :/ Like if I pull the Tsareena/Crabominable/Greedent/Dancer regulars FAs I will literally scream lol and don't even get me started on the Rainbows

Gengar’s Haunt

Aspiring Trainer
Its very hard to see but I think Mew Vmax seems to be floating/terrorizing around a major city like maybe Tokyo, it appears to be billboards and a car and skyscrapers around it
The set is themed around Wyndon, which is Pokemon’s equivalent to London in Galar. You can see the London taxi, buses, telephone box, London eye and Big Ben props in the background :) though the swirls obscure a lot of the art 😭
AKIRA EGAWA is the artist for the Mewtwo V-Union and also the Lucario V from champions path, both have a similar color scheme and background, so he may have illustrated a whole set of different Pokémon this way or maybe it was one whole image and then swirls and whatnot were added later to make it look more like the other VMAX cards

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Rainbow cards continue to be gaudy and tasteless... I hope we are done with them on VSTAR/VMAX Climax. Literally no one likes them.

As for the regular Vs, damn, they look real nice. Sometimes it's better to go for simple and unembellished, and I like the solemn look. Will probably go nice with the Eevee VMAX sleeves.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
That Mew VMax Alt is really disappointing. Juts looks like a regular v-max with some props
That was my first reaction as well, but the more I look the more important those props become and the less like an ordinary VMAX it appears. In fact, the more I look at it, the more I understand what is going on. You are looking up from Mew at ground level, with the skyline rising up above Mew, the double-deck monorails weaving in and out, a Corviknight Taxi in the foreground (the Corviknight is off-screen) and… a Red Telephone Box sticking out of the side of a building? I’m not entirely sure. I feel like this is one of those cards that you have to see in person to get an idea of what is going on (or else see a proper scan of) because of all the holos and glitter and textures.