Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
TPCi has officially revealed all the English cards for Scarlet & Violet! The set releases today in the United States and other countries.
Be sure to check out our Scarlet & Violet set guide that details absolutely everything you need to know about the set.

1-Pineco-Scarlet-Violet-TCG-143x200.jpg

2-Heracross-Scarlet-Violet-TCG-143x200.jpg

3-Shroomish-Scarlet-Violet-TCG-143x200.jpg

4-Breloom-Scarlet-Violet-TCG-143x200.jpg

5-Cacnea-Scarlet-Violet-TCG-143x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Vomer

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if this block will be remembered as a high-point in the metagame. I hear EX block and B/W block are the best metagames in the TCG. The balance in this set seems great, hope they keep it up.

Ambassador

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if this block will be remembered as a high-point in the metagame. I hear EX block and B/W block are the best metagames in the TCG. The balance in this set seems great, hope they keep it up.
e-Card probably would probably be better remembered and mentioned in the same way if WOTC hadn't been rushing through the sets so they could print out more Base Set – it was a clean break from all prior sets and the game designers did a great job of setting up the basis of a new game format, and the EX era really took that and ran with it.

I don't know much about the BW block but everything about it seems pretty unimpressive. After several years of successfully managing a pretty dynamic game format, Pokémon SP was a bit of a misstep in reintroducing an emphasis on "big Basics", but the BW era reintroduced multi-prize cards in the most degenerate manner possible, and it feels like the game hasn't been able to recover from this; as the manner by which the game has tried to addressed the problem was to sharpen the intensity of the game's power creep. This is something I see brought up in criticisms of the today's game fairly often, and as a long-time collector, I find the comically ballooning numbers to be one of the more annoying things about modern cards.

Last edited:

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
I noticed Tera Pokémon have a reverse holo similar to the Japanese southern island cards, though the diffraction is different

Also when was the last time we had common trainers?

Heartache2491

Aspiring Trainer
For anyone curious, the Japanese regular ex cards look better then the English regular ex cards. The English ones seem more washed out imo. My Koraidon ex in English looks more washed out then my Japanese one. Just keep that in mind :)

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
e-Card probably would probably be better remembered and mentioned in the same way if WOTC hadn't been rushing through the sets so they could print out more Base Set – it was a clean break from all prior sets and the game designers did a great job of setting up the basis of a new game format, and the EX era really took that and ran with it.

I don't know much about the BW block but everything about it seems pretty unimpressive. After several years of successfully managing a pretty dynamic game format, Pokémon SP was a bit of a misstep in reintroducing an emphasis on "big Basics", but the BW era reintroduced multi-prize cards in the most degenerate manner possible, and it feels like the game hasn't been able to recover from this, as the the game has addressed the problem they introduced was to sharpen the intensity of the game's power creep. This is something I see brought up in criticisms of the today's game fairly often, and as a long-time collector, I find the comically ballooning numbers to be one of the more annoying things about modern cards.
I actually agree for a lot. I think the idea of having these big two prized three prize cards that are incredibly powerful and game defining is kind of boring and over centralizing. I wouldn't mind if there was a format that didn't allow rule box cards at all

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer

The ex series and Diamond and Pearl eras are generally considered the best ones. I don't know where you've heard people praising BW, because in all these years I've never seen anyone doing that. And I think this era has potential to be a good one, infinitely better than the the last one, but unfortunately we have 2 years ahead of us, of S&S era BS (cof cof lost zone decks cof Lugia cof) gatekeeping evolving decks and holding S&V's potential to be a great era back. I honestly cannot wait for a S&V onwards format. Two, whole, damned years... :(

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
This is the best Trainers in general have looked since the BW and XY era. Even the cgi ones look so good, with subjects looking really nice, and with vibrant backgrounds. Of course the silver borders automatically make any card start ahead of another one with yellow borders, but still. Also like the extra color from tools being their own thing now.

Last edited:

SilverBorderHoarder

Aspiring Trainer
For anyone curious, the Japanese regular ex cards look better then the English regular ex cards. The English ones seem more washed out imo. My Koraidon ex in English looks more washed out then my Japanese one. Just keep that in mind :)
Was hoping this wouldnt be the case :/ Still excited to open some packs this week