The Blast Boys

Aspiring Trainer
All of the supporter FAs feel exceptional this time around. It feels disrespectful to Lady that she doesn't even have a name. Lol

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Im not super happy with the Pidgeot full art card. The art on the regular V card is just so good that I had mistaken it for an alt art (despite the 3d model) because that is by far the best art on a card to date (not biased) and to see the full art and how they are still using static images on color mixed backgrounds. If this is what we can expect, I'd just like to see them do away with full arts and replace the V with them. You can clearly tell both the Pidgeot V cards use different models because the regular just hits differently. The model looks clean, the lighting is perfect and the feel of the art just brings life to image. Is it hunting, or playing or excited to see its trainer - or is this a tie in to represent Ash's Pidgeot given the background.

Its nice to see Pidgeot get its second ultra rare card in 25 years but these new full arts have been very lazy.

nateisbad

Aspiring Trainer
I think that the special arts of the set are so beautiful. I wonder how long the giratina took to draw...

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I made a discovery somewhat on the FA Pidgeot V. The artwork, pose and background color looks very similar to the Base Set 2 booster pack with Pidgeot on it. I suppose its cool if that is what was done but this looks too similar for me.

Attachments

• pidgetv.png
    pidgetv.png
    2 MB · Views: 3

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I made a discovery somewhat on the FA Pidgeot V. The artwork, pose and background color looks very similar to the Base Set 2 booster pack with Pidgeot on it. I suppose its cool if that is what was done but this looks too similar for me.
Not nearly similar enough to be intentional, especially since that's a WotC pack artwork and using stock Sugimori art. It's a massive stretch imo.