ALL ‘Roaring Skies’ Scans! [4/24]

grantm1999

VileGar
RE: 105+ ‘Roaring Skies’ Scans! [4/24]

Oh boy, looks like the good Jirachi got cut. Toad is going to be in its prime for nats and worlds. >.>

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again

grantm1999 said:
Oh boy, looks like the good Jirachi got cut. Toad is going to be in its prime for nats and worlds. >.>

That Jirachi hasn't been released in Japan yet either. It's part of an upcoming promo in Japan.

I'm expecting it in Bandit Ring or as a standalone promo.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer

Out of interest, why are the first two letters censored out of Fletchinder's attack????

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie

Kangaflora said:
Out of interest, why are the first two letters censored out of Fletchinder's attack????

What other words ends with "ck" and would be blurred out because of WPM's fantastic sense of humour? I'll give you a hint: It begins with the letter "f" ;)

KoL

Aspiring Trainer

Interesting to see how the two Mega Rayquaza EX cards will feature in decks. Dragon-type Mega Rayquaza EX seems rather impractical due to the energy requirement but 300 damage a hit is nothing to sneeze at, and Reshiram's Turboblaze could potentially feed 'Quaza the energy it'll need. I doubt it'd ever catch on due to the risk of being energy starved by Dragon Ascent plus Toad decks stopping it from using the item cards it needs to keep energy in the hand, but you never know.

Colourless Mega Rayquaza EX seems the stronger of the two due to the amount of support it has in this expansion (Skarmory, Altaria possibly and Sky Field) and how easy it is to set the thing up energy-wise. Regular colourless Rayquaza EX seems rather underwhelming by itself though unless the opponent leads out with an EX 'Mon as well.

TheStrictNein

KoL said:
Interesting to see how the two Mega Rayquaza EX cards will feature in decks. Dragon-type Mega Rayquaza EX seems rather impractical due to the energy requirement but 300 damage a hit is nothing to sneeze at, and Reshiram's Turboblaze could potentially feed 'Quaza the energy it'll need. I doubt it'd ever catch on due to the risk of being energy starved by Dragon Ascent plus Toad decks stopping it from using the item cards it needs to keep energy in the hand, but you never know.

Colourless Mega Rayquaza EX seems the stronger of the two due to the amount of support it has in this expansion (Skarmory, Altaria possibly and Sky Field) and how easy it is to set the thing up energy-wise. Regular colourless Rayquaza EX seems rather underwhelming by itself though unless the opponent leads out with an EX 'Mon as well.

I had a really good idea for a Dragon Type MRayray deck until I found out you can only retreat once per turn.

Colourless Mrayray has speed on it's side. You can potentially be doing 150 Damage + on your first turn of attack with extremely good luck due to Delta Evolution. Time will tell if anything can truly counter how aggressive that deck is.

Reggie McGigas

-

Correction, prereleases in US take place today. I'm going to one :)

I'm getting that Rayquazza FA though, anyone who tries to stop me shall be smited.

TheStrictNein

Reggie McGigas said:
Correction, prereleases in US take place today. I'm going to one :)

I'm getting that Rayquazza FA though, anyone who tries to stop me shall be smited.

It must have been funny at pre-releases, because you could obviously tell who got a SR VS Seeker because they gasped loudly, then went super quiet and immediately pulled out a Toploader+Sleeve

Pikachu6319

Scooby

So do we know which cards in this set are regular holos?

I think it's kind of stupid that AT Fearow didn't make it into this set when some other random promos did. Like the Pikachu one, that's just off. My only slight consolation is that maybe when we do get AT Fearow, perhaps as a promo, that it will be some form of holo pattern. The unexpected Carbink is kind of cool though.

Still with Flygon EX being released I'm kind of surprised some of the other cards from that challenge promo set, like again the AT Fearow and the Lanturn line, didn't make it in here. Makes me think if they're either a) being held back for our English Bandit Ring release or b) being held back for something else, like a filler set of some kind.

Ironman131

Aspiring Trainer

Its official Mewowth is the best card in format. Lets go get a whole bunch o pokemon players drunk and see what happens.

ThunderVolt

Aspiring Trainer

wait though, why are the 1st two letters of fletchinder's attack pixelated? I'm honestly hoping that it says peck off not the alternative which I don't believe Pokemon Intl would ever do.
Fletchinder-Roaring-Skies-14.jpg

Ironman131 said:
Its official Mewowth is the best card in format. Lets go get a whole bunch o pokemon players drunk and see what happens.
YES

Pikachu6319

Scooby

The same joke of Peck Off being blurred for the alternative word that would never be used in a kid's game was used when Flashfire had a Pidgey released with the same attack, copied right down to the last. We should all know that's not it's real attack.

ShayminTails

Pinkie Pie's Bro

Okay, After looking at the images, I'm hoping for at my local Prerelease on May 2nd:

Klefki (I need more support in my Fairy Deck)
Togekiss Line (Both Versions cause Togekiss is one of my fave Fairies)
Healing Scarf (Again, Fairy Deck Support)
Sky Field (BW Cinccino will be HUGE with it in Expanded)
Shaymin-EX (One of my fave Legendaries)
Wally (Same Deal with Klefki and Healing Scarf :p)

Revive I don't need as I already have 2 copies of the BW Revive already :)

whirlpoolm51

Aspiring Trainer

Im anxious to see what roaring skies product gets released early because of target lol they are always pretty consistent with releasing things a week ahead of the release dates haha

place your bets everyone!!!....which roaring skies product gets released early???

ShayminTails

Pinkie Pie's Bro

whirlpoolm51 said:
Im anxious to see what roaring skies product gets released early because of target lol they are always pretty consistent with releasing things a week ahead of the release dates haha

place your bets everyone!!!....which roaring skies product gets released early???

I thought it was Walmart that did that :p

In all seriousness though, this Prerelease will see if I wanna get any more Roaring Skies Packs as I'm hoping to at Least pull 2-4 Sky Fields as I want to make BW Cinccino viable :)

Pikachu6319

Scooby

Both stores have a habit of doing it every now and again. A Target here released Flasfhire early or at least the packs, decks, and Charizard EX box. A couple Walrmarts here released Furious Fists everywhere, basically every product. I myself wouldn't mind going out for the Latios/Latias trainer kit and coming back with that, the Elite Trainer Box, the theme decks, 3 three pack blisters (need to Pangoro's) and 3 1 pack blisters (need 2 Mewostick). Most of the cards I want from Roaring Skies I'll have to end up ordering from ebay I'd bet.

Realistically though I think I'll be lucky to just find the trainer kit.

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.

Finally, someone mentioned the Exeggutor artwork! Getting attacked as an Exeggcute and getting sweet Payback as an Exeggutor! Clever artists.
Also, Inkay stealing Meowth's berry cracked me up. XD

I absolutely love some of the backgrounds in the artwork, especially the jungle backgrounds for Altaria and AT Swellow! Gorgeous.
I'm also in love with backgrounds featuring in-game locations. Wurmple and Silcoon in Fortree, Wingull over Sea Mauville and Unfezant under Cycling Road are my favorites.