ALL ‘Roaring Skies’ Scans! [4/24]

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
I'll never make set predicitons again in my life... I totally forgot about those promos because well, they take so much time to release them in the west, I didn't even remembered they existed...
Seriously though, no AT Fearow, no AT Salamence, no FA Steven... Whoever is in charge of the english sets planning should be fired!
Also, Shake It Off?! lol

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
Also just noticed Natu's ATC is a common. In the past all ATC's were uncommons or rares. Kind of wished they had left them spread out so maybe they'll continue this in future sets.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I certainly expected the AT Fearow. I had actually forgotten about the AT Salamence though. Truthfully I didn't even know about any of the promos they put in here. But either of the AT Pokémon would have been more welcome than ones like Inkay or Meowth.

dollyholly

Aspiring Trainer
RE: 105+ ‘Roaring Skies’ Scans! [4/24]

TheStrictNein said:
grantm1999 said:
Oh boy, looks like the good Jirachi got cut. Toad is going to be in its prime for nats and worlds. >.>

That Jirachi hasn't been released in Japan yet either. It's part of an upcoming promo in Japan.

I'm expecting it in Bandit Ring or as a standalone promo.
IDK what y'all are talking about; two energy to put a death hex on a Pokemon is gonna be ridiculously brutal, especially at Prerelease.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
I just love some (most!) of the artwork! It's so amazing to see Pokémon in their usual bussiness and in city areas! I also love how some cards tell a story like Exeggcute being harassed by Spearow and Exeggutor's card shows it getting payback and Meowth's and Inkay's cards tell a story of Meowth picking a fruit while being watched by Inkay and Inkay's card has Meowth being stolen by it! :D

dollyholly

Aspiring Trainer
As a firm believer in Plasma Blast's Kangaskhan card, the Skarmory looks pretty puny in comparison. Like, if it did a Wing Shard attack like Kang's Comet Punch, it would be great as a cycle replacement. As for now, when the Plasma series cycles out, IDK what I'll do with my deck strategy.

I had a Dark Explorers Darkrai EX forever and was gonna hafta replace him to Standard-ize my deck and breathed a huge sigh of relief that he existed exactly in the Legendary Collection.

asdjklghty

-------------
I wonder if Beautifly will see play in competitive decks when Garbodor rotates out. With Muscle Band, it can OHKO Seismitoad EX and hopefully people can find a way to use Wally to speedup Stage 2 decks

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
asdjklghty said:
I wonder if Beautifly will see play in competitive decks when Garbodor rotates out. With Muscle Band, it can OHKO Seismitoad EX and hopefully people can find a way to use Wally to speedup Stage 2 decks

Beautifly looks like it could be fairly powerful, but the three stage problem really holds it back.

If we got an Adaptive Evolution set of Wrumple/Silcoon though, that'd be cool

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Can we safely assume that the Salamence line is present in the Aurora Blast theme deck given how few fire and water type cards there are in the set?

totodile_it_down

Rogue Life
I wish we had gotten the Regirock with an AT. I'm also not a big fan of the unfinished evolution lines (Pikachu, Inkay, Binacle). I'm excitedto see how these cards get worked into the current meta though!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We're getting Regirock in the set's promo blister packs.
http://pokebeach.com/2015/02/roaring-skies-booster-pack-theme-deck-and-blister-pack-images

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
THE SPEEDY CHEETAH said:
I think that the Regirock won't be very good just because it doesn't have a very good attack.

Regirock will probably be used for the Ancient Trait (specifically in Aromatisse based decks). Barrier allows you to keep excess energy safe from Hammers and Lysandre. The relatively high HP means that it can't be sniped to death unlike Electrike PRC.

totodile_it_down

Rogue Life
Water Pokémon Master said:
We're getting Regirock in the set's promo blister packs.
http://pokebeach.com/2015/02/roaring-skies-booster-pack-theme-deck-and-blister-pack-images

Nice! I must have missed/forgotten that somehow.