Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We now have images of all the Brilliant Stars products!
The blister packs feature the Gym promos of Eevee, Leafeon, and Glaceon as well as Flapple from CoroCoro Ichiban. This is the first time blister packs will include oversized coins.

Sword-Shield-Brilliant-Stars-Checklane-Blisters_Eevee_EN-653x1200-bd93c0f-109x200.jpg

Sword-Shield-Brilliant-Stars-Checklane-Blisters_Flapple_EN-653x1200-bd93c0f-109x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Why VMax should dissapear? regular Gx were still a thing after Tag Teams appears, sadly they were more of a support or tech rather than a main deck if I remember correctly like Oricorio or Heatrean

montoya.c

Aspiring Trainer
I guess Hatterene, Machamp and Melmetal won’t be getting VMAX cards. This is disappointing but not surprising seeing as how some of the Mega Evolutions like Abomasnow and Pinsir back during the XY era didn’t get the TCG treatment either.

Who knows though, since VSTAR Pokémon evolve from regular V’s we could see Hatterene VSTAR potentially be Gigantimax Hatterene. Either that or we might have to wait until Gen 9’s special cards like Mega Lopunny GX which was released during the Sun and Moon era.

Tvoretz

?
Why VMax should dissapear? regular Gx were still a thing after Tag Teams appears, sadly they were more of a support or tech rather than a main deck if I remember correctly like Oricorio or Heatrean
Vmax is pretty explicitly tied to the Dynamax/Gigantamax featured in the Sword and Shield video games, which won't be in Brilliant Diamond and Shiny Pearl or in Legends: Arceus. Combined with the last Japanese set before Star Birth being literally named "VMax Climax," there's a decent chance no more Pokemon VMax will be introduced after this.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Because it's a trash mechanic. I'm pretty sure they knew by the time Tag Teams released, but VMAXes were already designed and heading to printers.

I'm surprised they've released these three stragglers in the regular set, instead of standalone boxes.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
I guess Hatterene, Machamp and Melmetal won’t be getting VMAX cards. This is disappointing but not surprising seeing as how some of the Mega Evolutions like Abomasnow and Pinsir back during the XY era didn’t get the TCG treatment either.

Who knows though, since VSTAR Pokémon evolve from regular V’s we could see Hatterene VSTAR potentially be Gigantimax Hatterene. Either that or we might have to wait until Gen 9’s special cards like Mega Lopunny GX which was released during the Sun and Moon era.
I remember being so disappointed we never got all the Megas, but we were so close to getting all the Gmaxes ;_; Hatterene could've easily replaced Mimikyu VMAX but of course Mimikyu is more popular so it got a card instead :/

The one I'm actually most disappointed about is Machamp (which is ironic cuz I hate Machamp) because it's the only Gmax that is one of the Galar Gym Leader's signature Pokemon that they didn't make a card of, UGH MY OCD💔

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
I remember being so disappointed we never got all the Megas, but we were so close to getting all the Gmaxes ;_; Hatterene could've easily replaced Mimikyu VMAX but of course Mimikyu is more popular so it got a card instead :/

The one I'm actually most disappointed about is Machamp (which is ironic cuz I hate Machamp) because it's the only Gmax that is one of the Galar Gym Leader's signature Pokemon that they didn't make a card of, UGH MY OCD💔
Haterrene isnt popular? I would tought it was SwSh Gardevoir, also Aggron could as well being replace it by Melmetal... Machamp its the one screwed with no spot to take, I dont get why is so hard for them to give new to the region pokemons they own card, checking fighting types Vmax Lyncarock its the only one who doesnt below to ShSw that could it be Machamp spot instead

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
I guess it's not a mandate for Pokemon to release a card for every Pokemon, but leaving variations out when there was ample time and space to include them rubs me the wrong way.

Was there a need for another Mimikyu? There were also 2 Tapu Kokos.

If we're talking replacing type for type, then for Steel there was Scizor, Aegislash and Metagross. 2 of those are popular mons, but still. Psychic had Gardevoir, Sylveon, Espeon and Mew. I guess no spaces outside of popular mons. Fighting had Stonjourner and Lycanroc. Oh, and I guess you could mention Appletun, but no one cares because GF was too lazy to even create a separate form for that.

But is there really some sort of game balance that needs to be taken into account? Don't play the game so I don't know. But obviously they've done this before with the various Megas being left out.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer

They don't seem to really care about pairings do they? During the EX block, it looks like some of the trios were left out. In Generations there's a full art Articuno and Zapdos but no Moltres...it's almost as if they don't collect their own cards so are out of touch.

At least all the Eeveelutions alternate arts will make it over whilst in Japan they're still being idiotic about it and limiting the original trio. Not to mention still no Lt. Surge FA and internationally a bunch of trainer FAs were just left out. Many, many instances.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Haterrene isnt popular? I would tought it was SwSh Gardevoir, also Aggron could as well being replace it by Melmetal... Machamp its the one screwed with no spot to take, I dont get why is so hard for them to give new to the region pokemons they own card, checking fighting types Vmax Lyncarock its the only one who doesnt below to ShSw that could it be Machamp spot instead
I honestly don't think Hatterene is that popular, at least not as much as Mimikyu haha but you're right, Lycanroc was so random and could've easily just been Machamp instead, SIGH..
They don't seem to really care about pairings do they? During the EX block, it looks like some of the trios were left out. In Generations there's a full art Articuno and Zapdos but no Moltres...it's almost as if they don't collect their own cards so are out of touch.

At least all the Eeveelutions alternate arts will make it over whilst in Japan they're still being idiotic about it and limiting the original trio. Not to mention still no Lt. Surge FA and internationally a bunch of trainer FAs were just left out. Many, many instances.
Yeah unfortunately this has been a Thing for awhile now, that still made no sense to me that there wasn't a Moltres FA to go with the other two; sometimes it's because the way Japanese releases work out (for example, there was only two decks for that special set - one had Articuno and one had Zapdos, probably because they were the more playable/popular of the three), but other things like the Lt. Surge FA really were a mystery as to why they didn't print one.. instead we got a second Erika FA, Welder FA, and Mina FA for some reason in the same set lollll