General Alien Invasions (I think that falls into the "General" Category)

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
Just thought I'd share a little something that made my day.

So an acquaintance (I don't particularly think of them enough to call them a friend, merely a person that I have to put up with) of mine was going on about how possible it is for aliens to come to Earth and secretly hide among us, pretending to be one of our own and infiltrate all of our defences, leaving us powerless for when the invasion occurs.

He then proceeded to show multiple videos of UFOs crashlanding, and strange occurrences spotted on camera. For the record, I do believe other life forms exist, but extremely far away and that they do not have the technology to visit us here on Earth.

So it is at this point that I simply quoted:

"If aliens have the technology to travel numerous galaxies and survive in extreme conditions, surely they would have the technology to not crash their spaceships, but correctly park their aircrafts in the correct loading bays, and pay for a ticket while they're at it!"

Everyone in the surrounding area laughed, and I hope you did too. This was just a little tickle of my funny bone that I thought would brighten up some days.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I still find the plot to "Signs" absolutely hilarious. Aliens, as a species are ruthless and want to take over every planet they come across. They are also deathly weak to water.

So, why, in their infinite wisdom; did they invade a planet that is compromised 70% of what kills them?

Also; we have the mid-2000s reboot of War of the Worlds, which kept the gimmicky "bacteria killed them" ending from the original. In that case, why invade a planet that has bacterial strains that would kill them?

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
I still find the plot to "Signs" absolutely hilarious. Aliens, as a species are ruthless and want to take over every planet they come across. They are also deathly weak to water.

So, why, in their infinite wisdom; did they invade a planet that is compromised 70% of what kills them?

Also; we have the mid-2000s reboot of War of the Worlds, which kept the gimmicky "bacteria killed them" ending from the original. In that case, why invade a planet that has bacterial strains that would kill them?
Maybe they had a leader who declared our water/bacterial levels to be "Fake News" and then forced the issue until eventually there was an invasion?

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
surely they would have the technology to not crash their spaceships

Is this the future that awaits us after we evolve to not drop phones and break them?
sqMDbbbGNG-1.png

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
If that future would never exist then your friend might be right about them probably crash landing on Earth. The only technology capable of stopping something from crashing, the only thing that comes close enough, are timed log-outs on MMOs. I doubt that any higher intelligence has been able to one-up themselves on that safety feature.