• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Alice in Wonderland (Bunnelby / Polteageist / Duskull / Mimikyu / Dedenne / Oricorio GX / Mr. Rime)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
ALICE IN WONDERLAND

56634814e9ab0b63e7aa1804cf9d8eba.png

Pokémon (24):
  • 4 Polteageist S2a (beatdown)
  • 4 Mr. Rime S2a (beatdown)
  • 4 Bunnelby S2a (beatdown)
  • 4 Dedenne S2a (beatdown)
  • 1 Duskull SM11a (discard)
  • 4 Sinistea S1 (evolution)
  • 1 Mimikyu S2 (disable)
  • 1 Mew SM10 (enable)
  • 1 Oricorio GX (draw)
Trainer (29):
  • 2 Boss's Order (control)
  • 3 Prof. Research (draw)
  • 3 Bruno (draw)
  • 3 Rowie (draw)
  • 3 U-Turn Board (retreat)
  • 3 PokeGear 3.0 (search)
  • 4 Quick Ball (search)
  • 4 Great Ball (search)
  • 4 Level Ball (search)
Energy (07):
  • 3 Triple Acceleration Energy
  • 4 Twin Energy

STRATEGY:

This deck seems to be themed around Alice in Wonderland. Start either Bunnelby or Sinistea and search for Duskull in addition to two Sinistea. Next turn evolve Sinistea into Polteageist. Use Polteageist and Duskull to discard Dedenne and Mr. Rime and start to attack with either Bunnelby or Polteageist. The trainers have been selected to search Pokémon and refill the hand at a consistent rate.

SPOILER:

Bruno
Trainer - Supporter
Shuffle your hand into your deck, then draw 4 cards. If any of your Pokémon were knocked out during your opponent’s last turn, draw 7 cards instead.

Last edited:

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
How would you go about adding some thin recovery in case you need more than 4 Polteageist/Bunnelby?

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi John InCENAroar,

Thanks for the review. I would most likely cut one Triple Acceleration Energy to include either one Ordninary Rod or one Lana#s Fishing Rod but I am not sure that Pokémon recovery is needed. You have a total of eight potential attackers which should suffice since you lost the game once six Pokémon in total have been knocked out.

Nyora

A Cat
Hi John InCENAroar,

Thanks for the review. I would most likely cut one Triple Acceleration Energy to include either one Ordninary Rod or one Lana#s Fishing Rod but I am not sure that Pokémon recovery is needed. You have a total of eight potential attackers which should suffice since you lost the game once six Pokémon in total have been knocked out.
You need to discard some of these attackers in order to do damage. You actually NEED Pokemon recovery, in my opinion. Like, Lana's Fishing Rod probably does well enough, tbh. 1-2 of these. And personally, Big Parasol could work, but I'd cut it for Lucky Eggs.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi FireLizard,

Thanks for the review. Spiritomb does not increase the damage output and I believe that in between Polteageist, Myterious Treasure, Quick Ball, and Professor's Research the deck should have no issues to discard Pokémon to increase the damage output.

Hi Nyora,

Thanks for the review. I will most likely include one Lana's Fishing Rod to retrieve a Pokémon and an item card at the same time. I feel that Bog Parasol is needed in this deck since it falls to spread like Night March and Lost March decks. I believe that all three of them will need to run Big Parasol to deal with the multiple means to spread damage across the board that we now have in the current format. Dragapult VMAX would otherwise run over this deck and it would have a second popular bad match up.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Hi FireLizard,

Thanks for the review. Spiritomb does not increase the damage output and I believe that in between Polteageist, Myterious Treasure, Quick Ball, and Professor's Research the deck should have no issues to discard Pokémon to increase the damage output.
Not really,Spiritomb is for discard mons

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Not really,Spiritomb is for discard mons

Hi FireLizard,

Between Polteageist himself, Mysterious Treasure, Quick Ball, and Prof. research there is sufficient means to discard Pokémon with Mad Play fast to increase the damage output. Spiritomb would be decent turn one which means he would take up four deck slots to merely discard three Pokémon before he is knocked out. Three benched Polteageist achieve the same aim and also provide additional draw power. The added discard option is not worth it in this deck from my point of view.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I can't really say much about this deck, it seems fine. I guess I will be working on a welder version. Sinistea and TAE require a bit of focus that I would rather have for additional consistency/tech options - which I think Welder enables. If anything, I would make space for some switch/u-turn board copies. A Sinistea/Dedenne caught in active mean one less Twin Energy you can use to attack with turn 1, and may cost you the game in the long run.

Last edited:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
I can't really say much about this deck, it seems fine. I guess I will be working on a welder version. Sinistea and TAE require a bit of focus that I would rather have for additional consistency/tech options - which I think Welder enables. If anything, I would make space for some switch/u-turn board copies. A Sinistea/Dedenne caught in active mean one less Twin Energy you can use to attack with turn 1, and may cost you the game in the long run.

Hi NicoNoo,

Thanks for the review. I would also like U-Turn Board but there is little room in the deck for it. I do not believe that people will stall the deck out. If they order Polteageist into the active spot it will most likely be knocked out on the same turn. If this is not the case you can still attack with him next turn. Dedenne is never ment to be active. It is in the deck to be discarded with Polteageist. The only two attackers in this deck are Polteageist and Bunnelby. You will need a total of six of them because once six are knocked out you lost the game.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Hi NicoNoo,

Thanks for the review. I would also like U-Turn Board but there is little room in the deck for it. I do not believe that people will stall the deck out. If they order Polteageist into the active spot it will most likely be knocked out on the same turn. If this is not the case you can still attack with him next turn. Dedenne is never ment to be active. It is in the deck to be discarded with Polteageist. The only two attackers in this deck are Polteageist and Bunnelby. You will need a total of six of them because once six are knocked out you lost the game.

I don't see a problem getting stalled out, the problem is starting out with a Sinistea or a Dedenne, being unable to attack that turn because you don't have a way to put the energy on Bunnelby, then attack that same turn because you have something else stuck on active. Against decks like Blacephalon and ADP, that means you will lose the prize race. Talking about Blacephalon, and their current heavy usage of tools, that reminded me that tools will probably still be relevant in the format, and ADP with Big Charm becomes 310 HP, putting you short of the OHKO even with your entire line on discard, so I would probably also try to make space for a copy of Tool Scrapper.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi NicoNoo,

Thanks for the review. I believe I now got where you are coming from. As far as I understood your argument is that U-Turn Board is necessary because you may be stuck with Dedenne in the active who cannot attack in this turn. This should cost you a turn and a prize card given that Dedenne likely will not survive the opponent's next turn. Sinistea as the active does not seem that much of a problem since you cannot attack on your first turn anyway if you go first and if you go second your damage output will be low anyway. On your second turn the picture changes drastically due to the number of search and discard cards in this deck. If Sinistea survives until your next turn it is much less of a suboptimal starter that Dedenne. In fact the only suboptimal starters are Dedenne, Mew, and Oricorio GX. I agree that U-Turn Board would be nice but the main question is what to take out in the item section to fit them into the deck. The same applies to Tool Scrapper. The only spot I can see without comprimising consistency is Big Parasol and I believe that it may be necessary to prevent and auto-loose to Dragapult VMAX or at least reduce the odds of an auto-loose.

Andy Sheppard

Fire Pokemon Afficiando
Advanced Member
You may want to run a Galarian Mr. Mime or two. There will be times where you will need Mr. Rime to attack directly. Because it is a stage 1, it can break through Obstagoon’s defenses. Because it is a “Water” type, it hits Reshizard and Blacephalon for weakness (even though as an ice-type it really shouldn’t, but that’s the stupid quirks of combining types).

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Andy Sheppard,

Galarian Mr. Rime is not ment to attack in this deck. His role is to be dicarded to fuel Mad Party similar to Dedenne. Both require two attachments with one of them being non-colorless which makes them less attractive options as attackers. The sole attackers in this deck are Polteageist and Bunnelby because both can attack for a single attachment which is either Twin Energy or Triple Acceleration Energy. The latter on is confined to Polteageist.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Lol half of these cards rotate when the set comes out. RIP

The post is not relevant and helpful at all. Despite this fact it is not even based on evidence since the only cards in the previous list that rotate are Prof. Elm's Lecture, Mysterious Treasure and Sky Pillar. The latter one can be easily replaced with Big Parasol. I already replaced Prof. Elm's Lecture with Roxie since it benefits the deck more than Prof. Elm's Lectuire and you can replace Mysterious Treasure with additional copies of Lookalike Bell and Evolution Incense.

MBoss111

Aspiring Trainer
The post is not relevant and helpful at all. Despite this fact it is not even based on evidence since the only cards in the previous list that rotate are Prof. Elm's Lecture, Mysterious Treasure and Sky Pillar. The latter one can be easily replaced with Big Parasol. I already replaced Prof. Elm's Lecture with Roxie since it benefits the deck more than Prof. Elm's Lectuire and you can replace Mysterious Treasure with additional copies of Lookalike Bell and Evolution Incense.

Dark Espeon I wasn’t trying to be unhelpful, I was just pointing out that some of the cards from this list rotate, and they seemed to be some pretty major cards In my opinion. I was just saying this because I was excited for the archetype too but the rotation of some of these cards I felt greatly impacted it. Sorry if I offended you but I meant no offense K simply wanted to tell you that’s good amount of these cards are rotating

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi MBoss111,

No problem here at all. The post makes a lot more sense now. If you look at the revised list there are only seven cards left that will rotate this summer. There are four Mysterious Treasure and three Sky Pillar. I would replace Sky Pillar with Big Parasol and replace Mysterious Treasure with one additional Evolution Incense and three Great Ball.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
How good would adding a CEC Duskull be in this deck? I think it could definitely work to mass-dump some Party Pokes T1 or whenever you run out of Polteageist.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
How good would adding a CEC Duskull be in this deck? I think it could definitely work to mass-dump some Party Pokes T1 or whenever you run out of Polteageist.

Hi JohnInCENAroar,

Thanks for the review. Would need to check it out. Thus far I did not have issues to discard Mad Party Pokémon with the assistance of the main search items, Polteageist and most importantly Roxie but I could sure give it a try and see if the deck becomes noticably faster and more consistant.