• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Alakazam EX / Gengar

swapforce1

Shaymin lover
Pokémon:
  • 4 Alakazam EX (Fates Colide)
  • 4 M Alakazam EX (Fates Colide)
  • 4 Gastly (Break Through)
  • 2 Haunter (Break Through)
  • 4 Gengar (Break Though)
  • 4 Execute (Plazma Freeze)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Devoltion Spray
  • 1 Full Heal
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Xerosic
  • 1 Twisted Spoon
  • 3 Dimension Valley
  • 4 Alakazam Spirt Link
  • 4 Rare Candy
Energy:
  • 10 Psychic Energy
  • 4 Mystery Energy
Strategy:

The goal is to Use Alakazam Ex Abilty to put an 3 counters on the atcive ( Sence its an abilty you can use gengar atack possibly first turn )

ive read your coments about putting 3 Alakazam the point is that he is the main atacker .And to Keldeo With float stone I try to keep my decks cheap to make ( Least ultra rares ) also I have never really thought about Keldeo Abilty to get rid of Status Efects but it is cool!
:p

Last edited:
A few quick notes, I imagine others will add more

You're in expanded with no Ace Spec
Float Stone + Keldeo EX is basically superior to full heal (or if not, Audino definitely is)
I'm not sure what you need 4 Exeggute for (I'm not certain you really need any, but certainly not 4)
4/4 Alakazam doesn't seem needed, you can get away with 3/3 just fine
4 Devolution Spray seems excessive as well
4 Spirit Link is too many
You have no draw supporters at all - look into Sycamore, N, Colress, and Ghetsis
Probably a Sacred Ash
You can probably do with 10-12 energy instead of 14
Shaymin EX can help with consistency
Trainer's Mail can help with consistency
If you're dead set on playing Exeggute, I'd play Battle Compressors to make him more worthwhile, but I'd prolly just dropp the eggs altogether
1 Xerosic should be sufficient. Or maybe 1 Xerosic and 1 Startling Megaphone
4 VS Seekers (once you play supporters)

It's not a bad concept, but your list needs some work. Keep at it and post an updated list once you've made some changes

Over all this seems like a way too tedious concept. You need to work on consistency, the eggs have no real effect of what I can see and you are missing draw support as mentioned above. Your hand will be cluttered with Pokemon and energy, so you will be a sitting duck really. Ala Ex doesn't really work with Gengar, try the Phantom Forces Bats line. If you think about it, if rare candy/stage 2 worked well, we would see it way more often, but it doesn't work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP6Vq-OJg3o This is the list I am running. Keep in mind that list is for standard, but you can get a general idea of how Ala Ex/Bats works from that.

3 alakazam
3 mega alakazam
3 ghastly you have 8 which is not allowed
2 haunter
2 shaymin ex

3 spirit links
3 trainers mail
3 n
3 sycamore
3 dimension valley
3 devolution spray
3 level ball
3 ultra ball
4 vs seeker
1 xerosic
1 sacred ash
2 lysandre
1 battle compressor
1 keldeo
1 float stone
I dowsing machine
and 1 briggett (lol no idea how you spell that)

4 pys energy
4 mystery energy

adjust it a little and this will do fine, use battle compressor to discard the 1 off supporters, then vs seeker them, night march may be a problem so probably 2 head ringer would be nice. :)
mentioned above you should use bats instead but if you want to continue using this 'ghastly' (lol puns) idea then this is the list above. I strongly recommend you make this list standard, and crobat.

Last edited:
3 alakazam
3 mega alakazam
3 ghastly you have 8 which is not allowed
2 haunter
2 shaymin ex

3 spirit links
3 trainers mail
3 n
3 sycamore
3 dimension valley
3 devolution spray
3 level ball
3 ultra ball
4 vs seeker
1 xerosic
1 sacred ash
2 lysandre
1 battle compressor
1 keldeo
1 float stone
I dowsing machine
and 1 briggett (lol no idea how you spell that)

4 pys energy
4 mystery energy

adjust it a little and this will do fine, use battle compressor to discard the 1 off supporters, then vs seeker them, night march may be a problem so probably 2 head ringer would be nice. :)
mentioned above you should use bats instead but if you want to continue using this 'ghastly' (lol puns) idea then this is the list above. I strongly recommend you make this list standard, and crobat.

I'm pretty sure his intention was to play Gengar, and his mistakenly put Gastly twice.. Now you just play a 3/2 Haunter line and no rare candy

I'm pretty sure his intention was to play Gengar, and his mistakenly put Gastly twice.. Now you just play a 3/2 Haunter line and no rare candy

well someone gets it
Ya but I just don't see Gengar working with Ala Ex too well.

yah i just have it in as a tech pokemon

4 pys energy
4 mystery energy

First of all energy is WAY too easy to discard so I always have at least 10

Last edited:
Pokémon:
3 Alakazam
3 M Alakazam
3-3-3 Crobat
2 Shaymin EX

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
3 Alakazam Spirit Link
3 Trainers' Mail
2 Professor Birch's Observations (or 1 Birch and 3 shaymin EX if you prefer)
3 Professor Sycamore
3 Dimension Valley
4 Devolution Spray
2 Level Ball
3 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
1 Xerosic
1 Sacred Ash
2 Lysandre
1 Brigette (lol no idea how you spell that)

Energy:
4 Psychic Energy
4 Mystery Energy

This deck is now standard.
p.s I know Gengar and M Alakazam do not work well, but that's what he asked for specifically. Above is a better list.

Last edited:
Back