Ruling Aggron ML + Metal

ze_draeck

I'd like to make myself believe...
Aggron's Spoiler:

Aggron L.49 – Steel – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Lairon

[C][C] Heap: 40 damage. Reveal all of the Energy cards in your discard pile to your opponent. If there are any Metal Special Energy cards in your discard pile, this attack does an additional 30 damage. Shuffle all of the revealed Energy cards into your deck.
[M][M][M][M] Hard Metal: 60 damage. You may do an additional 40 damage to the Defending Pokemon. If you do, Aggron does 40 damage to itself.

Weakness: Fire (+40)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 4

so if Aggron has 4 Metal, would he do 100 to the Defending Po0kémon and Nothing to itself?

Ice Pokemon Master

The Amazing Race/Heroes>You
It's a wrong translation!!! I think it should say: You may do 60 damage + 40 damage. If you do, put 4 damage counters on Aggron.

Mulac

Aspiring Trainer
so if Aggron has 4 Metal, would he do 100 to the Defending Po0kémon and Nothing to itself?
No metal energy says any damage done by attacks is reduced by 10

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
It's not a typo. There are basic Metal Energy in the DP-on era, remember? Aggron's attack wouldn't require four Metal as well as say "40 damage to itself" if it intended on requriring four Special Metal Energy.

If you have 4 Special Metal Energy on Aggron and opt for extra damage, YES you will do 100 to them and nothing to yourself.

Aggron resists Psychic because Poison is now Psychic, not Grass, not to mention Steel resists Psychic anyway.

Steel is immune to Poison. Any other questions? :/