Aggron, Durant's new Best Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fire Wyrm

Aspiring Trainer
~ Billy and Bob are playing pokemon.
But what Billy doesnt know, is the deck Bob is playing. They both have 6 prizes
It its Bobs second turn, He has 9 cards in his hand. (He went first, in his first turn, he used a Collector for 3 aron when he already had 1 active.) Billy has 8 cards in his hand. He..
*Cherens for 3 cards
*Evolves Aron 1 to Aggron
*Devolution spray
*Evolves Aron 2 to Aggron
*Devolution spray
*Evolves Aron 3 to Aggron
*Devolution spray
*Evolves Aron 4 to Aggron
*Devolution spray...
*Super Scoop up x2, both Heads
*Picks up Aron 1 and 2
*Places down Aron 1 and 2
*Rare Candy Evolve Aron 1 to Aggron
*Rare Candy Evolve Aron 2 to Aggron
Pass.
Just to let you know, he had THREE AGGRON IN HIS HAND.
Okay, lets count that up.
4 x 3 + 6 = 18 Cards discarded within turn two.
18 + 8 + 6 = 32. 60 - 32 = 28 - 1 from next turn draw.
So in total, Billy has 27 cards left from his deck.
60 - 27 = 33 cards dicarded or in use from TURN 2.
Did I mention Bob runs Durant?

I think you get the point. Do you think this might work?
Feel free to make a skeleton list if you want.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Absolutely not. First of all, the scenario you list doesn't even work because you can't bench an Aron and Rare Candy to evolve it on that same turn. I didn't bother checking the cards-in-hand to see if it adds up, but I'm highly doubtful it's even possible to get that many cards in your hand T2 if all you do T1 is Collector and bench the basics you collector for.

Secondly, the idea of getting out six Stage 2 cards on the second turn of the game is absolutely preposterous. Not to mention that you're trying to get six of the same Stage 2 out, when you only have four of its basic. That's literally impossible. It's hard enough to get two Stage 2's of different evolutions out over the course of an entire game.

Furthermore, when Aggron comes out, Junk Arm may very well be rotated, so it would be impossible to Rare Candy six times during a game.

Durant is better off as its own deck. Adding a Stage 2 line to a rush deck is not a good idea, even if they're apparently best friends. It would be like running a Magmortar/Durant deck. Not a good idea.

Lastly, don't even get me started on how terrible of a player Billy must be. If his opponent has four Arons in play by the end of his first turn, he darn better have figured out what deck the guy is using... Lol.

The Fire Wyrm

Aspiring Trainer
Celebi23 said:
Absolutely not. First of all, the scenario you list doesn't even work because you can't bench an Aron and Rare Candy to evolve it on that same turn. I didn't bother checking the cards-in-hand to see if it adds up, but I'm highly doubtful it's even possible to get that many cards in your hand T2 if all you do T1 is Collector and bench the basics you collector for.

Secondly, the idea of getting out six Stage 2 cards on the second turn of the game is absolutely preposterous. Not to mention that you're trying to get six of the same Stage 2 out, when you only have four of its basic. That's literally impossible. It's hard enough to get two Stage 2's of different evolutions out over the course of an entire game.

Furthermore, when Aggron comes out, Junk Arm may very well be rotated, so it would be impossible to Rare Candy six times during a game.

Durant is better off as its own deck. Adding a Stage 2 line to a rush deck is not a good idea, even if they're apparently best friends. It would be like running a Magmortar/Durant deck. Not a good idea.

Lastly, don't even get me started on how terrible of a player Billy must be. If his opponent has four Arons in play by the end of his first turn, he darn better have figured out what deck the guy is using... Lol.
I kind of realized all of those flaws AFTER I posted this.
I'm an idiot for not realizing the difficulty to get all of those things by T2.
You can lock it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.