Pokemon Age for pokemon?

Certin age?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, if you're 10-, you can't learn on quickly. Second, I know the feeling. The past years, people have brought me down. They say: "Oh, how childish!" I simply tell them to mind their own buisness. Its not their life. Its yours. You decide. You live it. You don't need to be influenced and controlled by them.

Cheer up

~GPM~

The game doesn't matter here. It is the person him/herself. I love Pokemon, I never like to admit that it's for the younger community. However, I never like people knowing I play it. Besides, when someone mentions it, I find a way to change a topic so that I can avoid people asking "Do you play it? Like ROFL!" so that I won't have to lie to myself.

Yes, to some I'm "over-sensitive" etc. etc. But I am who I am. I don't like people knowing that I play it. :F In Malaysia, mostly where I go to school, good luck trying to avoid people saying "ROFLOLAMO! You play Pokemon?! You noob!" So, I don't admit it, and I never will, but I'll never stop playing.

P.S Don't convince me, it will never work. =]

LOL, I am starting to get the same problem, over a msn converstion, now the rumor has spread and everybody is like "You play pokeymanz?ROFL!"... I just said, "Do I really". It actually worked, funnily enough =) If you like it, play it, if not, don't, simple.

I love Pokemon and I'm older. I loved Pokemon since I was 7, and I still play it now! Alot of people think it's childish, but that doesn't stop me from loving it! People have given me looks before. Like once I was at KB-Toys and I was getting some TFG figures, and this lady gave me a look like, "What are you 8?". You just have to let comments and other thing like looks roll off your back.

Once I was getting Pokemon cards for me and my Sister at a store, and to boys walked in,(They where my age). And they said "Are you getting Pokemon cards?".And I said, "Yup. I know they are for little kids, but I love them!". Then one of them started to babble saying. "Wwwell there ok, I guess, I mean there pretty good". Then his friend said. "I was just playing the new Pokemon DS game yesterday".

I think alot more people like it, but there to enbaressed to tell anyone.

Your only a kid once, you may as well like kid stuff while your at it! LOL!

Don't let them bother you. Chances are they'll never remember you, and they probably won't see you again anyway. What loser would say "That's the kid that bought Pokemon cards a week ago." If it bothers you that much, you'd better start your quest for the Fountain of Youth.

LOL! It didn't bother me. I was just making a point that alot of people like it, but their to embaressed to tell people.

Some people I know I can trust know I play...but do most people that know me know that I play? No. (Of course, you guys all know.)

I'm still not at the age where I'm ridiculed for liking Pokemon, but I'm sure within a year or so, it'll start for me. (P.S: I'm not revealing my age to you, NOW MATTER WHAT!!! IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!)

But, I don't care. Pokemon is for all ages, and besides who cares? Most people don't even remember a stranger they saw two days earlier. (I ususally do, but not most.)

Im 13 and I play the games and TCG. My friends don't care that I play but this one kid brings the cards to school and throws them at me and whenever I say something he says, "go play with your POKEMON cards!" Then his friends ask me why I play and I say because I can. In language when we listen to a book on tape he says my "name likes pokemon!" ... I feel like hitting him in the jaw. One of these times he will push me to far and...
I wish he would just leave me alone!
To tell you the truth, Im scared to go to school because I know it will be a day in heck.

Hey Rai_Guy I hate to be violent but i think you should teach him a lesson. You dont have to beat him up but you should really stick up for yourself. Usually I dont like doing that stuff but sometimes i believe its nessecary!! If he throws pokemon cards at you, come up with a comeback! And also i know how you all feel, No one knows i like pokemon, not even my family and its tough, i think my friends would understand though, if they are real friends they will! For a short time last year pokemon was popular, not the tcg but the games, we all brought our gameboys to school and played this. It went on for maybe a couple months and then summer came and now its over and nobody does it!! I do think more people like pokemon than it appears though! I was in a local comic store one day and i was talking to this kid who was maybe a year younger then me and he asked me "you a pokemon fan?" "I had a pack of cards in my hand so of course i sayd "Ya its pretty fun once you get into it, what about you" "well a little bit, not a whole lot but sometimes i want to get back into it!" He said, "I think you should" I mentioned and sure enough he bought a pack of cards with me and we opened them and ended up buying a couple more packs and then traded a little and then we left. Its tough, if anyone knows that its me, but if you like it u like it and theres nothing you can do!!

I feel like this site is sort of an underground for me.... the only people who know I play are my parents, it's really hard to hide it from my friends.....But i've been a social outcast once, and i'm not going down that road again.....*Sob* :(. I swear people would eat me alive at my junior high school if they found out i like pokemon, then it'd continue until graduation from high school *Sob*. Maybe one of these days it'll be cool again to like pokemon. *Dream Dream* I don't get it didn't pokemon used to be cool??? And why do people consider it uncool, I mean is it because of the anime, cause i admit i don't like the new anime one bit. Though I do like the old one back in Kanto. But with all you guys and all the people at league and cities and stuff it makes me feel good :). I'll talk later it's time for me to go to sleep.

-Marinepika

I agree with what a lot of people have been saying, but seriously, when you 40 and you are married with 2 kids, you need ato have a life that doesn't revolve around pokemon.

I love pokemon to the end of the world, but I'm not an adult. I won't reveal my age, but I'm not even a teen yet. I'm sure my interest in pokemon will have withered by the time I'm 21.

You shouldn't be ashamed if you like pokemon, but just sensible about it. If your adult life revolves around a kids card game, there may be a problem.

Don't get me worng, pokemon is amazing. I haven't yet spent $100 on it in one go, but I've walked into a shop and bouhgt a booster box. ( it was only like 30 quid, the shop was closing down and had to sell all stocks, a week earlier it was about 70.) I'm proud to love pokemon, and its a fun thing to be envolved in, but when I'm 40, my hard earned wages wont be spent on cards for me, amybe my kids, Idon't know if pokemon will still be around or if they will have an interest.

See, pokemon doesn't have an age limit, but you have to draw a line somewhere. I mean, my dad doens't play pokemon unless i nag and nag him to play wiht me. But parent's should have more to life than a crad game and a ds game. You have to have a life.

So, my point finalised is that there is no real age limit, but don't go crazy. I would say if your 18 and still involved then maybe you should think about prioratizing more.

The only way you could argue wiht this is if your job is working for nintendo or pusa or something. Then you could have an envolvment with pokemon.

Fire_Pokemon_Master said:
So, my point finalised is that there is no real age limit, but don't go crazy. I would say if your 18 and still involved then maybe you should think about prioratizing more.
So true, WPM should just stop working on the site, and while we're at it, let's ban Pory, doc, bacon and the other 18+ members.
I guess Pokémon is never a priority, but going down from just "involved", you pretty much say "quit". pokémon shouldn't run your life, but I don't see why it can't be a 25-year-old's hobby. I know plenty of people who are (sometimes way) older who still play it.

Rai-Guy_15, seriously, if some Cro-magnon with a brain the size of half a peanut feels like it's cool to throw Pokémon cards at you, ignore him, humiliate him, I don't care, just don't let it bother you. Seriously, if you show them you care, they're just going to keep on doing it. If it gets too extreme, tell a teacher, I know it's lame, but still, at least don't let him get to you.

Cm, you kind of took what I said the wrong way...

I said tis fine for older people to have an involvement in pokemon, but It shouldn't run their life. I never said we ahd to ban pory and wpm should stop working on PokéBeach Forums, I just said that for an adult it shouldn't take over their life. Having a hobby is fine though.

Do you see my point now? I totally agree with you.

Well, to comment on that... Why should Pokémon should run a kid's life?

And BTW, I didn't take you the wrong way, you said it the wrong way, end of discussion.

Rai-Guy_15 said:
Im 13 and I play the games and TCG. My friends don't care that I play but this one kid brings the cards to school and throws them at me and whenever I say something he says, "go play with your POKEMON cards!" Then his friends ask me why I play and I say because I can. In language when we listen to a book on tape he says my "name likes pokemon!" ... I feel like hitting him in the jaw. One of these times he will push me to far and...
I wish he would just leave me alone!
To tell you the truth, Im scared to go to school because I know it will be a day in heck.

Hey I totaly know how you feel. This one kid in my old school used to bully me about pokemon. We used to have these trays under our desks in school, and I planted some bulbasaurs and an oddish in his tray. Someone found out they were there and people siad he shouldn't have been hypercritical. They said if he likes pokemon why did he bullly me about it. Becasue this kid was really 'cool' all the 'cool' people thought pokemon was cool, and then for a couple of months, everyone was playing pokemon. the craze died out, but it was quite good not to be the only one playing it.

I don't suggest you do this, it will get you into trouble. What you should do is tell him to go away and that he is being really stupid. Say to him you like pokemon because you like it, and you don't care how much he bullies you. Possibly threaten him by saying you'll tell a teacher. Don't do what I did, it's not clever. But I'm not clever, so thats why I did it. You'd be smart ot follow a better example.

Anyways, just ignore him as much as oyu can, why don't you tell your parents too? They can help oyu.

CM- sorry, I'm not the best at expressing things. BTW, like the new avy ^_^

XD Telling the teacher is good in theory, but will only work sometimes in real life. Will a teacher defend you with some "Kiddie" Card games ("Kiddie" according to them, not us :F)? I doubt it, but won't fully doubt it. Getting your parents to go to school to talk to these people are a waste of time and instead of bullying you for playing the game, they'll bully you for telling your parents that they bully you. :F

Thanks guys you cheered me up a little. Sigh, Like ArmaldoEX said:Telling the teacher is good in theory, but will only work sometimes in real life. Will a teacher defend you with some "Kiddie" Card games ("Kiddie" according to them, not us :F)? I doubt it, but won't fully doubt it. Getting your parents to go to school to talk to these people are a waste of time and instead of bullying you for playing the game, they'll bully you for telling your parents that they bully you. :F

He would make fun of me more because I got adults involved.
If I only knew what to do.

I check on this forum every chance I get for help

Thanks for making this forum...
enjoi_skater
I have something else to say. Why should people care what you do with your life. Its your life not theres.

^ agreed with your last post.
Its sad when you don't know what to do. I got lucky in my case, but you can't rely on luck. Maybe try and tell him in the best way you can heh's a big bully and that he has no life.

Try preparing a speech beforehand, always helps me =] Ask him what his problem is. Tell oyur friends and ask them to stand up for you. The most important thing is not to let it get to you.

Well, he is not a big bully, he is 13 like me but he is 4 feet 7 inches tall! and i am like 5 feet 6 inches! but whenever i try to say something to him about it he says go play with your pokemon cards! sigh....
we are doing this book report in language and when the teacher asked people what are your hobbies. he yelled my name plays pokemon.
then everyone starts laughing but my friends. I felt like hiding in a shell and never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back