Discussion Aegislash ex + Solgaleo Gx in Expanded

Seng vang

Svang20
I been thinking that with a lot of decks such as M Rayquaza ex, M Mewtwo, vespiquen and possibly even passimian deck. They all rely heavily on DCE, but with Aegislash ability it could work. A lot of players are still going strong with Garbador ability lock down. If you can by pass hex mania and Garbador. This can really work as you have Solgaleo set up with GX ability to pump up two strong Aegislash or possibility one Aegislash and other Solgaleo Gx. Use ability to switch with bench and you will be ready to win.
Computer Search can really help search for fast 2nd round Solgaleo GX. I will be post up a deck that I am currently working on at the moment. This Deck has been in my mind for a few days now. It will take time to play around to set this deck up 100% but I think this may go far.
Please let me know what you guys think.

Hello, I made a Metal ToolBox and is REAAAAAAALY goood, over 80% winrate in expanded:
4 cosmog
2 cosmoem
3 Solgaleo
3 bronzor (Fates Collide with iron defense)
3 bronzong (metal link)
1 Aegislash (NM Killer)
1 Lugia (i like lugia but you can change)
1 Shaymin
1 Cobalion

Trainners
1 Battle Compressor (most of the times two supporters and one metal energy)
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Rare Candy (you really want to use the GX in second turn)
4 VS
1 Computer Search (as Ace Spec, excellent to complete the combo making possible the GX in t2)
4 Ultraball
2 Silentlab (Volcanion sadly is a terrible counter because of the weakness, so use it, if you are not seeing volcanion then use Steel shelter)
1 Tool Scrapper (better than megafone cause in expanded they can use those tools that you put in the enemy pokemon)
1 Colress (amazing in lategame)
1 Lysandre
2 N
4 Sycamore
2 Muscle Band (against 250hp GX or if you wanna hit more with other attackers)

Energy
3 Shield energy (try to put in aegislash or cobalion, bronzong dont get this one)
7 Metal energy

The main thing that you want to do is build 2 Solgaleo and 3 Bronzong, probably it wont be possible, but if you do is basically a free win, Aegislash you just wanna use against some decks or glaceon, shaymin only to fix a bad starting hand, lugia to avoid weakness and cobalion to gain a turn, mostly in the begin.
Against Night March we not only can but I say it's a good thing to do is powerup bronzong and aegislash.
Always do 2 bronzong, better than do 2 solgaleo!
Some possible techs, magearna, cobalion BW, bronzong turbo sniping, ghetsis, tropical beach,

I do like the bronzor bc you can basically repump up a solgaleo gx really fast. 230 can kill almost any gx n mega ex.

You don't have to worry too much about garbodor in expanded if you want to play the deck thankfully! Garbodor is just not a very popular card in the format and although it might see some play, I would be surprised if you ended up facing a single one at a regional - if you are playing the deck for a cup and you know a player might play garbodor you might have to change your mind, but I would definitely not worry about it otherwise!

Hello, I made a Metal ToolBox and is REAAAAAAALY goood, over 80% winrate in expanded:
4 cosmog
2 cosmoem
3 Solgaleo
3 bronzong (metal link)
1 Aegislash (NM Killer)
1 Shaymin
1 Cobalion

Trainners
4 Trainers' Mail
4 VS
1 Computer Search (as Ace Spec, excellent to complete the combo making possible the GX in t2)
4 Ultraball
2 Silentlab (Volcanion sadly is a terrible counter because of the weakness, so use it, if you are not seeing volcanion then use Steel shelter)
1 Tool Scrapper (better than megafone cause in expanded they can use those tools that you put in the enemy pokemon)
1 Lysandre
2 N
4 Sycamore

Energy
3 Shield energy (try to put in aegislash or cobalion, bronzong dont get this one)
7 Metal energy

The main thing that you want to do is build 2 Solgaleo and 3 Bronzong, probably it wont be possible, but if you do is basically a free win, Aegislash you just wanna use against some decks or glaceon, shaymin only to fix a bad starting hand, lugia to avoid weakness and cobalion to gain a turn, mostly in the begin.
Against Night March we not only can but I say it's a good thing to do is powerup bronzong and aegislash.
Some possible techs, magearna, cobalion BW, bronzong turbo sniping, ghetsis, tropical beach,

I have a similar deck and tech'd in 1 Bronzong FCL for that pesky Trevenant Break match up. There are enough decks that snipe your bench that having a 1 of Metal Fortress can be pretty huge. Overall, I also really like this deck archetype.

Archeops will be your biggest deterrent when playing this deck in Expanded. So long as you have an answer for that very popular tech, you're on your way to dropping 230 damage on dudes over and over and over.

Perhaps a tech Wobbuffet, or multiple Hex Maniac will be your best bet. 1 Jirachi EX for easy search-ability seems helpful and good for overall consistency, as well.

4 cosmog
2 cosmoem
3 Solgaleo
3 bronzong (metal link)
1 Aegislash (NM Killer)
1 Shaymin
1 Cobalion

Trainners
4 Trainers' Mail
4 VS
4 Ultraball
1 Lysandre
2 N
4 Sycamore

Energy
7 Metal energy

Very nice list. Some other options to consider that I really like:

1 Bronzong Break (Metal Rain), is this bronzong turbo sniping you mentioned? Can load this guy up over 2 turns and potentially take 4 prizes with metal rain. Excellent addition to this deck. I usually use it late game to take final prizes or if they are setting up garb and tool removal options are gone.

2 float stone. You'd think with Solgaleo's ability you don't need these.... but this allows you to completely reload Solgaleo next turn after a sun steel strike with just 2 bronzong on the bench and no other solgaleo set up (typically early game). Just use solgaleo's ability to promote the Pokémon with float stone to the active, metal link twice and manually attach to solgaleo. Now just retreat the active who has float stone and you're hitting for 230 again right away.

Back