• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Adapt and Strike (Pyroar / Giratina EX)

porkchop

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon:
  • 3 Pyroar – FLF
  • 1 Pyroar – PHF
  • 4 Litleo – FLF (Combustion)
  • 3 Giratina EX – AOR
  • 2 Darkrai EX
  • 1 Yveltal EX
  • 1 Sigilyph – LTR
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Blacksmith
  • 4 N
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Skyla
  • 2 Pokémon Communication
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Professor’s Letter
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 3 Shadow Circle
Energy:
  • 4 Blend Energy GFPD
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 1 Double Dragon Energy
  • 1 Prism Energy
  • 3 Fire Energy
  • 1 Dark Energy
Strategy:

This deck definitely should go first. You can choose what to start out with first, but I recommend not starting out with Darkrai EX because Darkrai EX is supposed to be a support, not the main attacker. You also might not want to start out with Yveltal EX because I think as Yveltal EX as a late game Pokémon in this deck, used whether to take down the last knock out or just as an emergency, but you really shouldn’t need it that badly (unless your prize cards are terrible). You also get to choose who you start out with on the bench, but, if possible, I don’t think you should fill up your bench with a lot of the same Pokémon. First turn, see what your opponent has in play. This should give you a hint to what type of deck your opponent has (For example: Seismitoad EX, Yveltal EX, M Gardevoir EX, and so on). You can adapt your play to counter your opponent’s deck. The only exception is when your opponent is playing a non-EX deck. If your opponent is playing a deck that uses Mega Pokémon, then you want to start getting out and charging up Giratina EX. If your opponent is using a deck that relies on basic EX Pokémon, then start to get Pyroar out. Pyroar is also good against some non-EX decks, shutting down your opponent’s basic Pokémon and possibly disrupting their game. Whether or not your opponent uses Mega Pokémon or basic EX Pokémon, Sigilyph can be used just in case you need to stall for a turn or just to shut down your opponent’s Pokémon. After the first turn, you really just need to adapt to what your opponent is playing. This deck is all about countering. I think this deck is pretty good, but can be slow at times, because your game play is all about waiting to see what your opponent does, and then adapting to it. I would like to hear your feedback on this deck.

Back