Actual 25th Anniversary Set in Fall 2021, Other Products for 2021!

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
This is very interesting. When Evolutions came out, we had modern EXs reprinted in the old card style. However, if this new set is to reprint old style cards, I don't know how well Vs and VMAXs will translate into the old style; they may just keep the normal look they have now. I wouldn't be surprised at the prospect of more old style cards (perhaps a reprint of Neo cards), but I really don't know about this one!

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
I'm confused that everyone keeps comparing Pokemon 25 TCG to XY Evolutions which wasnt the 20th Anniversary set... Generations was the 20th Anniversary set. It even had 20th Branding... Evolutions didnt.

XY Evo was released in the 20th Anniversary year but carried no Pokemon 20 Branding

Generations also followed the special set rule of no booster boxes. Which makes more sense to mention

ApricornNut

I'm confused that everyone keeps comparing Pokemon 25 TCG to XY Evolutions which wasnt the 20th Anniversary set... Generations was the 20th Anniversary set. It even had 20th Branding... Evolutions didnt.

XY Evo was released in the 20th Anniversary year but carried no Pokemon 20 Branding

Generations also followed the special set rule of no booster boxes. Which makes more sense to mention
If I recall right, the Player's Guide for the Evolutions ETB made mention of the fact that Evolutions was meant to celebrate the 20th anniversary as well!

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
If I recall right, the Player's Guide for the Evolutions ETB made mention of the fact that Evolutions was meant to celebrate the 20th anniversary as well!
thats fair enough then. I still find the comparisons to evo a bit odd though. We all know Generations was the 'Special' set.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
It's just wishful thinking, but I have been wanting a "reprint" of Neo Genesis, in the same vein as Evolutions. I would be ALL over that!!

But perhaps a more realistic wish is just for all of the generations to be celebrated this time, not just the first one. There are over 700 Pokemon outside Gen 1.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Generations was to celebrate the anniversary of the franchise, Evolutions was to celebrate the TCG's anniversary.
Shining Fates is to celebrate the anniversary of the franchise, this "25th" set is for the TCG's anniversary.

Which means TCG nostalgia like Evolutions... I hope!

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~

WPM said it better than how I was thinking it, but yeah, that would be weird comparing Shining Fates to Evolutions. Two different things, though celebrated for similar reasons. Thus, others being confused, I guess.

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
WPM said it better than how I was thinking it, but yeah, that would be weird comparing Shining Fates to Evolutions. Two different things, though celebrated for similar reasons. Thus, others being confused, I guess.
to be honest i dont think we should have got Shining Fates until next year because it doesnt fit with this years releases but meh... pokemon company want money lol

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I had a feeling there'd be something for the 25th Anniversary that wasn't Shining Fates, and it became more suspicious when that set had no mention of the 25th Anniversary, or its established branding like Generations did. I'm just wondering at this point what they're going to do...

I'd love to see more old cards get done, something like the last three Base Set holos get reprinted; being Venusaur, Blastoise, and Alakazam-the last of which would be a great way to reintroduce Kadabra to the TCG. I know that, oh no, it's another Charizard! But hell, why not finally bring the CD Promo trio into English, with that gorgeous old Sugimori art? It'd be cool seeing anything old though-especially Neo-era cards, much as @Skeleton Liar and @JayMankey were saying. It feels like a pipe dream, but I think something like that is in the realm of possibility, and man would that be cool.

I don't want to imagine that it'll be just sort of thrown together, like "Look guys! 25th Anniversary!" much like Generations felt like a sort of excuse to throw a couple things not yet released in English together, but... I can only hope they do something that works thematically to celebrate the TCG's legacy, rather than something sloppy. Anniversary stuff like this can be amazing for collectors, and I want to see something as such. Theming around Starters much as the box sets from Generations focused on Mythicals, or something. Stuff like that is really cool to me and I can only hope there's something like it.

Last edited:

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
to be honest i dont think we should have got Shining Fates until next year because it doesnt fit with this years releases but meh... pokemon company want money lol
Honestly, I agree with both of those statements. Two special sets on top of the regular four sets next year. Geez... But they know they're printing money. :rolleyes:
I had a feeling there'd be something for the 25th Anniversary that wasn't Shining Fates, and it became more suspicious when that set had no mention of the 25th Anniversary, or its established branding like Generations did. I'm just wondering at this point what they're going to do...

I'd love to see more old cards get done, something like the last three Base Set holos get reprinted; being Venusaur, Blastoise, and Alakazam-the last of which would be a great way to reintroduce Kadabra to the TCG. I know that, oh no, it's another Charizard! But hell, why not finally bring the CD Promo trio into English, with that gorgeous old Sugimori art? It'd be cool seeing anything old though-especially Neo-era cards, much as @Skeleton Liar and @JayMankey were saying. It feels like a pipe dream, but I think something like that is in the realm of possibility, and man would that be cool.

I don't want to imagine that it'll be just sort of thrown together, like "Look guys! 25th Anniversary!" much like Generations felt like a sort of excuse to throw a couple things not yet released in English together, but... I can only hope they do something that works thematically to celebrate the TCG's legacy, rather than something sloppy. Anniversary stuff like this can be amazing for collectors, and I want to see something as such. Theming around Starters much as the box sets from Generations focused on Mythicals, or something. Stuff like that is really cool to me and I can only hope there's something like it.
Oh, gosh... Please have an actual theme for the 25th anniversary set. Not just another cobbled together set, pulling Gen 1 Pokemon reprints from various SwSh sets... Generations was fun at the time, and I still look back at it fondly, but my patience has been wearing thin with TPC's/TPCi's mindset that only Gen 1 matters. I don't think they'll pull a Generations with this, but I just hope they don't go for that again.

Last edited:

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Honestly, I agree with both of those statements. Two special sets on top of the regular four sets next year. Geez... But they know they're printing money. :rolleyes:

Oh, gosh... Please have an actual theme for the 25th anniversary set. Not just another cobbled together set, pulling Gen 1 Pokemon reprints from various SwSh sets... Generations was fun at the time, and I still look back at it fondly, but my patience has been wearing thin with TPC's/TPCi's mindset that only Gen 1 matters. I don't think they'll pull a Generations with this, but I just hope they don't go for that again.
Only Gens 1 through 4 matter. :p

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
1b344261230e4f36bcd7826125193b8a.gif

--me if TPCi continues to short print sets while also letting scalpers run wild by the time this set releases

Aces

Aspiring Trainer
A figure collection box set?

What is this Black and White?

I’d imagine something more of the HF premium collection since its a VMAX collection... I wonder who it might be...

hopefully not Charizard

but who knows, that’s a big list of products

ApricornNut

I’d imagine something more of the HF premium collection since its a VMAX collection... I wonder who it might be...

hopefully not Charizard

but who knows, that’s a big list of products
If those leaked images of the English cards from a while back mean anything, it's that Charizard VMAX will remain in the set proper and will not be released as a promo! I can only imagine the scalper hellfire it would cause if it were a promo...