Accelgor (DEX # 11) {12/22/12}

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
296d850.png

Card of the Day: Accelgor​
11-accelgor.jpg

This card is just person. #hate

7/10 for playability, as its 'Deck and Cover' attack is actually pretty good but really limited in its usage. 3/10 for the art.

Deck and Cover is nice. You just need a way to get Accelgor + DCE every turn. Specially with Gothitelle full lock (except Audino).

omg accelgor 10/10 just becuz

I find it personally entertaining that I completely despise this card. I just generally hate status lock, but this doesn't even require a coin flip and with Mew EX running around, it can be accelerated easily through the use of draw abilities.

With that said, this card keeps getting hit harder and harder as time goes on. It actually saw decent success when Vileplume was around, and then found a new friend in Empoleon after Vileplume was rotated. After the release of Keldeo EX though, it was almost completely swept out of the competitive arena. Almost. In metas where Keldeo/Blastoise is popular, this card is an pile of trash. However, in metas where Blastoise doesn't see much play, Empoleon/Accelgor can actually do pretty well, as shown by Sam Chen at quite a few cities. It's very hard to make a good list for it, and it's very hard to play, but this card is actually quite good if you are in a meta lacking Keldeo EX and you can play it well.

6/10 in Empoleon/Accelgor for making a decent deck, 0/10 in everything else...because nothing else can use it well.

6/10 on the artwork. 5 points for just being Accelgor, and then 1 because it needs to look more ninja-ish.

Pros
-90HP level ball.
-Free retreat.
-Colorless attack.
-Double instant stasis.
-Hits for weakness.

Cons
-It's basic sucks.
-A lot of other basics one shot him.
-Shuffling him back into your deck sucks.

7/10: Can be an annoying deck to face, but it requires a specific set up that can easily be worked around by a mere switch or keldeo. It's a shame because I love cards that inflict stasis, but they just don't work in the current format. :(

Back