Absol Plasma Freeze

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
67-absol.jpg

I've been on PTCG for a little and found this card popping up in PlasmaBox decks. What do you guys think? Is it worth running? A solid counter to PlasmaKlang? A solid card in general?

Discuss.

I like this card :p

With plasma Cards it seems that Pokemon with ability's are taking over the bench.
And Catcher might see its day by the end of this year once DEX is out of format or some time early next year.
(lets hope its does not get a re-print lol)

Dont forget Colress

DrunkSpinda said:
Plasma Kyurem dies a lot to Cobalion EX

And the regular Cobalion too. All I need is two Energy and it's an OHKO. If you only have enough for Frost Spear, I whip out the HTL and it's done for.

Absol gets a huuuuuge boost from Deoxys-EX too, and it can turn out to be a pretty nasty card.

and Absols weakness is fighting, big basics is way more popular then klinklang meta.

Infinity said:
It's good in Darkrai, but not worth it in Plasma.

^This.

In darkrai it drastically changes the matchup against KK, and throws the Rayeels and Plasma-box matchups a little more in Darkrai's favour.

omod said:
and Absols weakness is fighting, big basics is way more popular then klinklang meta.

bahahahahano.

Big Basics just died. Plasma Box is better than it, Blastoise/Keldeo is better than it, and Klingklang beats it. Plasma Box hits for weakness on all their attackers and they actually have acceleration.

nahahaha plasma kyruem is a current meta in a lot of plasma Box decks in japan. And Big basics will still be around so to assume NO ONE is gonna be playing it is kinda ignorant.

RogueChomp said:
omod said:

bahahahahano.

Big Basics just died. Plasma Box is better than it, Blastoise/Keldeo is better than it, and Klingklang beats it. Plasma Box hits for weakness on all their attackers and they actually have acceleration.

People who plan to play Kyurem PLF are hoping there will be a sizeable amount of Big Basics in the first week of Battle Roads.

Now to be on topic, Absol just made Darkrai decks a lot better. It can be incorporated in Darkria Hammers, Darkrai Lasers, and Darkrai Hydreigon.

Big Basics didn't die, it just needs a makeover. Landy/Cobalion EX/some other stuff, plus enhanced hammers, lasers and the rest of the usual stuff makes up for some pretty balanced match-ups

people seem to miss the big picture on PLS Kyruem its only requires 2 DEX's and a virbank/laser to OHKO 80% of the EX's out there for 3 energy ( which you can coloress machine on) Add in the possibility of a 3rd DEX on the bench then he OHKO's pretty much everyone, not to mention the option of doing bench dmg, where absol you have to hope they have a full bench just to do the same base DMG, on the flip side kyruem cant attack the next turn is its one major draw back too. Absol fits really well into a Dark-rai deck but kyurem fits better in Plasma Box

I think Absol fits more in the Darkrai decks as well. That being said, Absol can definitely be used as a possible one-of tech in Plasma decks. For only two Energy, it can do some work in the Mirror and Eels as well. That's a pretty good output where you need three for Kyurem and sometimes that's just not feasible.

dmaster out.

Absol is a solid attacker in both decks because it can deal damage against similar decks for less Energy than other attackers. I just prefer it in Darkrai based ones.

Not really sure where you're going with that post.

dmaster out.

You're doing the math wrong. Absol does 20 PLUS 20 for each benched. That caps at 120, and when you add Dark Claw + Hypno, it deals a ridiculous 170 damage for two energy. I've been testing it against Plasma and it's a godsend since Plasma has a really hard time functioning without a full bench, not to mention you can OHKO a charged Kyurem in an emergency.

I think the main point that you're forgetting is Absol is a non-EX.

That means he only gives up one prize. When he has the capability of dealing 170 damage (as shown from Blah) and only _giving up one prize_ why wouldn't you like the card in a match? This game is all about prize trades, and Absol is one of the best for that I feel. 100 HP is nothing in the grand scheme of things when you're able to win the match at the end.

dmaster out.

Gusto83 said:
What about darkari? I get the point about how to use Absol,but what about darkrai? And i didn't say Absol was a bad card.What i'm trying to point out is Darkrai does not buff up Absol. So why use Darkrai? If i used Absol as my active,i wouldn't run away but beef up Absol like 'oh i don't know' Deoxys-EX that will Buff it up to 210ish?
Not to be rude but you'll just retreat and use Darkrai to snip and deal a cap of 140 dmg to the pokemon. You also pointed out that your not going to use Darkrai just for that -1 less prize card. Now i can see it if you use Ace Spec "Life Dew" (Plasma Freeze 107) Darkrai would be a little better to use. but....

First off, life dew is junk, tool scrapper and you just wasted your ace spec. If you're talking about it in darkrai, junk hunting for a computer search is part of the backbone of this decks setup, and if you take that out you sacrifice a lot of consistency. Secondly absol as a lone attacker can't handle big damage output against all decks, and like Dmaster said it's 1 prize. It may not seem like a big deal because you already play 1 prize pokemon, but the main reason absol is different because he puts out big damage where sabelye does not.

To simply run absol deoxys is an interesting idea, but makes you vulnurable to being manipulated by your opponent. Big Basics (may have lost some of it's luster but will still see some play, especially in the first week of BR's) can keep a small bench size and put out good damage 60 t1 to absol. Absol is going to make a great tech in darkrai because it's an inconsistent attacker based around a consistent one. Darkrai deals 90-30 consistently where absol deals a consistent 20. They both max out at very high damage, but if you base a deck around your opponent having to have a large bench, you can't expect to win most of your matches. And while deoxys CAN BE is a great attacker in this deck he's much like absol, he can put out damage you first need your opponent to have high energy, and you need a plasma energy.

im with omod on the absol vs kyurem discussion. however, each have their own merits and both are very playable.

Back