Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jynx

Aspiring Trainer
Do you think its really wierd that this line don't appear in TCG?
Alakazam line hasn't appeared since ADV!

Do you think they are not making Kadabra cards because of the Uri Gellar incidence?
Vincent0906 said they don't want to produce the cards of these Pokemon because they are afraid...
So, could it be because of Uri Gellar sueing Kadabra?
Afterall, although Uri Gellar failed to sue Nintendo for the existance of Kadabra, he is still a famous person (Uri Gellar is more famous than Carole Boston Weatherford out there!), he could do loads to stop the Pokemon industry!!

Give your opinions.

ArrEmmDee

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think that's why, or else Jynx might not have been printed in any set. That and I can pretty much envision a Kadabra card looking at him from the side and having his head turned towards the person viewing the card, and they could just have it be really dark so the offending parts of him wouldn't be 'seen'.

I think they're just saving the line for something special for unknown reasons.

jynx

Aspiring Trainer
RE:  Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam...

ArrEmmDee said:
I don't think that's why, or else Jynx might not have been printed in any set. That and I can pretty much envision a Kadabra card looking at him from the side and having his head turned towards the person viewing the card, and they could just have it be really dark so the offending parts of him wouldn't be 'seen'.

I think they're just saving the line for something special for unknown reasons.
But in Unseen Forces, Jynx is purple, so it is politically correct, so it is releasable.

As for Kadabra, Uri Gellar didn't specify, so Nintendo don't know how to change Kadabra to make it releaseable...well at least I think so...

Charizard

Pokemon Master
I think it is depand on japanese pokemon tcg...Does japan release alakazam in recent set? As far as I know, Nintendo doesn't make card but translate them from japan ver to english ver..:D well, just correct me if i'm wrong:p

Holy Star

Pokémon TCG player and card faker
jynx said:
Do you think they are not making Kadabra cards because of the Uri Gellar incidence?
Vincent0906 said they don't want to produce the cards of these Pokemon because they are afraid...
Well, there's your answer right there.

I tend not to disagree with Vincent0906, and would have to say that I agree with his point of view.

It may have stemmed from the Uri Gellar incident, and would be a good reason for them to not make an Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam line.

And who is Carole Boston Weatherford? :p

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Alakazam not appearing in the TCG has absolutely nothing to do with the whole Uri Gellar case. Uri Gellar LOST the case, anyways. If it did have to do with it, Alakazam would had been banned in the Anime too, but he's not.

Ms. Weatherford is the one who complained about Jynx being black, which is probably why the WB is skipping 3 eps involving Jynx this month.

MysteryE

Character Illustrator
Umm... I didn't know a thing about Uri Gellar... what happened?
is it related to Alakazam?
how about Ms. Wheaterford case?

Abhorsen

Offically retired
I just did a little bit of background reading about the Uri Gellar case. I think it's actually quite sad too, it's just a feeble excuse to try and get millons of dollars. Kadabra looks nothing like him and just because Kadabra holds a spoon doesnt make him special. The markings on Kadabra's body are common psychic symbols (i.e. the Star, Wavey lines, Square, etc). I'm glad this guy lost cause he has almost no case against Nintendo. This guy sounds pretty much like a desperate weirdo to me.

jynx

Aspiring Trainer
RE:  Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam...

Water Pokémon Master said:
Alakazam not appearing in the TCG has absolutely nothing to do with the whole Uri Gellar case. Uri Gellar LOST the case, anyways. If it did have to do with it, Alakazam would had been banned in the Anime too, but he's not.

Ms. Weatherford is the one who complained about Jynx being black, which is probably why the WB is skipping 3 eps involving Jynx this month.
Uri Gellar lost, we all knew.
But he is still a famous person, he could have written journals.
Erm...Uri Gellar didn't sue Alakazam, Alakazam's Japanese name is Fuudein, named after Fudin.
What he tried to sue was Kadabra, Yungeraa, named after Uri Gellar.
PS: CBW never did sue Jynx on court anyway.

Huh? There was 3 episodes?
I thought it was 2 banned, 1 edited(13 second-cut-scene) o_O|||

to Abhorsen:
He's sueing them because the Japanese name of Kadara (Yungeraa) is named after him!

to MysteryE:
You can find these in http://en.wikipedia.org
just type "Kadabra" or "Jynx" in the search column.
Or basically, for BETTER (XDDDD...) information, go to my website, and click "Jynx Zone" from "Zone". I have collected quite a lot.
XDDD...

MysteryE

Character Illustrator
Now I see,,,
that was.... a shame...
he's such a lame person...
thanx for the information!
*my info level about Pokemon goes up! :p*

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I thought they were coming back into the TCG soon?:)

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
xxashxx: Note the post before yours. 11/12 February, depending on timezone. Note the date today. 1/2 April. Read the rules. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.