Help About the Base Set Computer Search...

Yazel

Rouge Deck Tester
I don't actually know if I can run a base set computer search in my expanded deck when I go to a tournament. If anyone could help me with my question that would be great. Thanks!

The reason you can't is because of the ACE SPEC rule of one per deck.

You used to be allowed to play foreign cards or cards with outdated wording on them, but you needed to have a format-legal reference card outside of your deck. Since you can only have one ACE SPEC in your deck, using it as your reference card was pointless. You obviously had the card if you were using it as a reference, so you could just put it in your deck.

@PMJ to follow up that question, what if you have a super damaged ACE SPEC computer search, such damaged that it is considered "marked". Are you then allowed to run a base set computer search, with the damaged one as a reference?

No. Base Computer Search is never allowed, mainly because TPCi has specifically said you can't, but also because references are no longer allowed. If your Computer Search is heavily damaged to the point it would be considered marked, you'll have to get another one, go without, or play it and hope you don't get called out on it.

Back