A Very Odd Sighting in a Canadian Target.

Autobot Tesla

Mathematician
So I found this in the store today.

xerg399.jpg

That's the movie 3 promo. It's a WoTC card, is it not? They're bundled with some newer 2013 packs, yet the card is from 2001. It was really strange seeing the old format of promos again. There were about 20 packs of these, some came with reverse holo Grass/Psychic energies from 2011 as the promo with no set symbol or number.

I've always seen those value bundles of a random theme deck with a random mid-2000s promo with throwaway Call of Legends boosters, etc.

It's just so strange. Does anybody have any insight as to what might be going on here? How come these resurfaced after thirteen years, and who is in charge of these extraneous packs, anyways?

Years ago a large warehouse was found with a lot of Wizards of the Coast stuff and ever since then various retailers have been reselling what of it they found.

I actually bought a few of almost that exact same pack last year, though the booster packs included were obviously older (I mostly just wanted the Entei, since my original version of that card was pretty beat up). Resellers often package old promo cards with newer booster packs and sometimes other, random cards (like from opened theme decks).

My standard warning for such things is always "buyer beware". These sorts of packages are sold by 3rd party resellers, NOT directly by TPCi, so there is a risk involved that you may get fake cards, weighed packs, etc.

Oh yeah I had 2 of these. I actually got mine in a blister pack with 21 of the base set card in the pack I think last year or the year before and i traded one of them for a promo Ho-oh last year and it looked like the Ho-oh was relatively new but not sure which Ho-oh it is though.:) Oh yeah I got mine at Fred Meyer here where I live as that is where I buy my cards most of the time.:)

Which promo Pichu? There is a few different Pichu's out there.:)

Back