Writing A Tale Of Two Best Friends: An Alolan Story

StriatonIsMagic

I'll Never Forget This Day
'Yet another ordinary day in Alola.' I think to myself, waiting for my best friend, Gladion, to wake up. I'm currently traveling with him throughout the Alola region, and it's been going smoothly so far. Then a groggy voice calls out from the other side of my room. "Hey, Tiffany..." Gladion says, tiredly. "Hey, Gladiator." I smile at him. He sits next to me, and we talk for a while. The friendship he and I have is actually forbidden. You see, Gladion was formerly the 'enforcer' of this biker gang. He hated his job, and snuck out one night. Gladion has always had a spirit of adventure about him, and he wanted to travel with someone. I contacted him, and asked him if he wanted to travel with me. Gladion accepted, and here we are today. By the forbidden friendship, I mean that it was against the rules of his gang to have friendships with people who weren't members.

"So, what do you wanna do today?" Gladion asks me. "I'm not sure." "Me neither. Which is why I asked you." I smile at him again. "Mm. I guess we'll just have to wait and see." "And we will. I kind of want some waffles right now." I look at Gladion questioningly. "Waffles?.." "Yeah, waffles. There's a Waffle House right down the street, so we could go there for breakfast." Gladion states. "Sure. You know how much I like waffles." "You're darn right I do!" Gladion laughs, and we go to the Waffle House. On our way there, we find a sign on a telephone pole saying "Wanted: Escapee From Team Skull. Reward: 50,000 PokéDollars." And there on the sign is none other than a description of my best friend. "Uh...Gladiator?" I ask Gladion worrisomely. "Yeah?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Look at this sign." Gladion studies the sign for a moment. "Okay. Team Skull is looking for me. So what?" "So what? This could ruin everything! You would be separated from me, and you'd probably be beat up by Guzma!" "Well...you're right." His eyes drop to the ground. "I don't want that to happen at all. Come on, Tiff. Let's just get some waffles." The two of us feeling rather anxious, we go into the Waffle House. We sit down and eat our breakfast, which helps us feel a little bit better. "Hey, Gladion?" I rarely call him by his actual name unless something serious is going on. "Mhmm?" "I'm really worried about you right now. I'm not letting you die! I don't want you to get kidnapped or anything!"

Gladion looks at me. "Listen, Tiffany. You have nothing to worry about. I escaped from Team Skull once, I can escape from them again." My eyes drop to the ground, just as his did earlier today. "If you say so...Gladiator." I smile at him, and he smiles back at me. "So, now what are we gonna do?" I ask Gladion. "I think I have an idea. Follow me." We walk out of Waffle House, and go to a strange, ominous-looking building. It appears to be some kind of Halloween haunted house attraction, but it actually is the Team Skull headquarters. "Are you out of your mind? You could get killed here!" I caution my best friend. "Whatever." Gladion brushes off my precaution. "Trust me, everybody here knows who I am, and only 3 people would actually try to kill me. After all, I was second-in-command. Besides, I could kill anyone here in an instant, and they wouldn't know what hit them." "Oh. Okay." I say, processing what he just said.

We enter the headquarters, and a robot asks for our ID. Gladion gives it his, and the robot, apparently not knowing he ran away, accepted the ID and let the two of us in. "What are we doing here, anyways?" "I have some business to take care of, that's all." "Uh-huh." I respond rather sarcastically. Soon enough, we arrive at a dark-colored room, fit for a villain of a video game. "This," Gladion tells me, "Is my room. Or rather, was." I look around, seeing posters for various bands like My Chemical Romance and Evanescence, as well as, "Pokémon figures?..." I question my best friend. "Uh...yeah. But not your generic Pikachu and Meowth figurines, these are Legendaries. In fact, they have a little secret." Gladion presses a button on a Darkrai figure, and it transforms into what appears to be an actual Darkrai.

"These are my Pokémon." Gladion states. "I thought you only had Null!" I say, thinking of his prized Type:Null, that the two of us call Null. "Eh. I have him, but these guys are my secret weapons, only used in times of danger." He presses the button again, and his Darkrai goes back into it's figure form. "Can I have one?" I say, seeing that he has three figures on his shelf. "Go right ahead." Gladion says. He has Darkrai, Giratina, as well as Lunala. I pick Giratina, hoping that it will do me good in hard times. "Why are you here in your old room?" I ask. "Truth is, I came here to pick up my Pokémon. I knew that I would need them, especially today." Gladion says, putting his Lunala and Darkrai figures in his pocket. "What's so special about today?" "Because today," He stops and looks at me. "is exactly 2 years since I've joined Team Skull, and I am determined to destroy each and every member of this forsaken team!"

nice! this is interesting, but I do notice one thing.
You see, Gladion was formerly the 'enforcer' of this biker gang.

We enter the headquarters, and a robot asks for our ID. Gladion gives it his, and the robot, apparently not knowing he ran away, accepted the ID and let the two of us in.

You say that it is a bike gang, but they have a secret base, a robot, member IDs and everything. I dont know, maybe there just a really wealthy bike gang, or I'm just over reacting. just something I noticed. other than that, great!

nice! this is interesting, but I do notice one thing.

You say that it is a bike gang, but they have a secret base, a robot, member IDs and everything. I dont know, maybe there just a really wealthy bike gang, or I'm just over reacting. just something I noticed. other than that, great!
According to my headcanon, Team Skull are a wealthy biker gang, with a similar format to the standard evil team. Not trying to be nit-picky, but *their.

are you continuing this past the release dates of sun and moon?

my idea about gladion is that he was part of the secretly evil aether foundation, and left when they made null. he took null with him out of pity, and joined team skull to get vengeance. I think he may be a good guy in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a vast improvement, and steadily, you've been getting better at writing. Good job c: Personally, this is my favorite of anything you've written so far, keep it up!

are you continuing this past the release dates of sun and moon?

my idea about gladion is that he was part of the secretly evil aether foundation, and left when they made null. he took null with him out of pity, and joined team skull to get vengeance. I think he may be a good guy in the end.
Probably. Though the games may be released, headcanons shall never die!

"Destroy everyone?" I ask Gladion. "Yeah. After all they did to me, Team Skull deserve the worst." He shrugs. "What did they do to you?" "Oh, ruined my life. I had to ask permission for every little thing. On top of that, there were so many strict rules I had to follow. And I only met you after I left." "True..." I say. "Now, without further ado, shall we?" "We shall." Gladion takes my hand in his, and we walk to where Guzma's chamber is.

Guzma's chamber is dark and forbidding, fitting for someone like him. "Follow me." Gladion says, and I obey. Soon, we arrive to our destination, next to Guzma's throne. "Hello." Gladion formally states. "My name is Gladion Victor Dicio." Guzma's head whips around. "You..." His face hardens in rage. "HOW COULD YOU ABANDON SKULL LIKE THIS?!?" "Hey, it wasn't that hard. And besides, I'm rebellious like that." "That's exactly why I recruited you! I thought you would become a force for destruction and evil! But you left!" "Indeed I did." Gladion smirks. "You can't control me. Nor can anyone else. Team Skull wasn't really that important to me, anyways." "But we rescued you from your parents!" Guzma yells. "You did. However, Team Skull were far worse than they. You destroyed me. Forced me to obey your petty rules! You thought I could be tamed, thought I could be manipulated! But I WILL NEVER BOW!"

At this moment, Gladion sends out his Lunala and Darkrai. "Now, are you sure you want to have me back? Because, you know," He grabs a bomb that he made himself. "I could destroy each and every one of you." Guzma's eyes widen in fear. "No..." "Yes. And I will, one way or another. I don't care what you say, I don't care what anybody says! I will exact my revenge on this forsaken biker gang that should have burned long ago!" Gladion's eyes, unlike Guzma's, burn with anger. Anger towards his parents, who abused him, but above all, Team Skull. They were the ones who broke him. Broke him beyond belief. They made him believe that power and greed were more important than anything. And for a while, Gladion did.

Now, he did not. And he promised to break Team Skull, make them feel the same suffering that he did for so many years. Guzma was screaming at the top of his lungs. "I trusted you! That's why you were the Enforcer!" "You may have trusted me. You may have put me second in command. You said that Team Skull were here to help me become stronger. They were not. NONE OF YOU WERE! ALL YOU DID WAS LIE TO ME! ALL YOU DID WAS MAKE MY LIFE MISERABLE! And that, is why I will destroy each and every one of you." Then, Gladion lights a match, and ignites his bomb. "Goodbye, Guzma. This is the end." The world exploded before our very eyes. Through the flames, I hear Guzma say, "Gladion, you are disgusting. A traitor. You destroyed us, like you said. And I-" His eyes roll into the back of his head, and he collapses.

Gladion and I run. Run for life. Run faster than ever before. All we care about was getting out. Getting away. Away from the explosions, the sparks, the fire, the screaming. Yes, Gladion had done his duty. But I still can't get the noises out of my head. Guzma's last words, the explosion, the match, and it was all so-UGH! "Gladiator, when will we stop?" I say, fighting the urge to give up. "I don't know, but not now. You'll be okay. I know you will." "Alright..." I give Gladion a slight smile, and he does the same. When we finally stop, we feel exhausted. Right before I fall asleep, I say something that I've wanted to say for a long time. "Hey, Gladiator?" "Yeah?" "I just want you to know that I love you. I really do." Gladion smiles brightly. "So do I, Tiff. Now go to sleep, we had a long day." I do so, feeling oddly comforted.

The next morning, I sleep in late. Think 10:30 late. Eventually, I wake up, still tired. "Hello, Tiffany. Glad to see you're finally up." Gladion says to me. "How long have you been awake?" I ask him. "Eh, 7:30-ish." "7:30?..." "Yep. I had to think about some things." Gladion has a blank look in his eyes, like the explosion the other day mentally scarred him. "It's fine, though. I'm alright." He smiles at me, though not as brightly as last night. I do the same. Today, we decide to stay at home. I turn on the news, and a newscaster is speaking about...wait, the explosion? I decide to watch it, and the newscaster recalls the events, saying: "Yesterday, the Team Skull headquarters exploded. It is unclear who caused it, but witnesses reported seeing Gladion, the Team Skull Enforcer, and a girl running away from the damage. We will update you when more information is found. This is Sonya Sepruta, signing out from the Alolan News Network." "Looks like tomorrow's gonna be a long day..." I sigh and turn off the TV.

Gladion studies my concerned face. "Are you okay?" He asks me with a slightly worried look on his face. "I'm fine, Gladiator. We just have a lot to think about tomorrow." I say matter-of-factly. "What do you mean by that?" Gladion seems concerned as well. "You saw the news. Now, everyone knows about the explosion, and they'll probably come looking for us." Gladion stifles a laugh. "Well, it's hard to not know about the explosion. I heard it a mile away!" I smile. "You're right on that one!" Gladion and I stay home for the rest of the day, enjoying each other's company.

Plumeria looked around at the ruins. "My home...it's gone. This was everything I had. Now it's gone. Gone forever." Plumeria was a member of Team Skull, and took her in after her parents died. She had no siblings, and no real friends. Skull were all she had, and she admired Guzma, who had taken her under his wing. But then the headquarters were demolished in a chaotic explosion. Plumeria vowed to destroy whoever had caused this wreck. Because whoever it was, they destroyed her, too.

After examining the ruins of her former home, and mourning those who had fallen, Plumeria made herself a temporary home in an abandoned shed. She contemplated what to do with her life for a while, and came up with a solution. "I'm going to join the Aether Foundation." Plumeria's lips turned upward in a sadistic grin. The Aether Foundation are an evil organization that are experts in manipulation. They make people believe they are for the safety of people and Pokémon alike, but they are the exact opposites. Similar to Team Rocket of the Kanto region, they perform experiments on people and Pokémon, turning even the nicest into havoc-wreaking monsters.

Plumeria did some research on the Aether Foundation earlier, and found this information. The leader of Aether was Lusamine, a lady who is supposed to protect injured Pokémon. In reality, she leads the experiments that the Foundation performs on their test subjects, with the help of Faba, one of Alola's leading geneticists and Aether's branch leader. Wicke, the assistant branch leader, helps with propaganda marketing. One of the Aether Foundation's prized experiments are the Ultra Beasts, Pokémon/human hybrids designed to look like particular people. There are three current Ultra Beasts that Aether has made, UB-01, UB-02Expansion, and UB-02Beauty. UB-01 is designed to look like Lillie, a young girl who is one of Aether's most likable and evil members. UB-02Beauty is made to look like Lusamine herself, and UB-02Expansion is created to have the appearance of...well, that remains to be seen.

Plumeria walks to the Aether Foundation's headquarters, designed to look like a Pokémon shelter, and knocks on the door. Lillie opens it. She speaks in a quiet, obviously fake voice. "Hello! Welcome to the Aether Foundation! Do your Pokémon need taking care of?" "No. I would like to join your Foundation. I know your real motives, and how skilled you are at manipulation. I am a former member of Team Skull, before the headquarters exploded." "Oh. Come on in, then." Lillie's voice turns more icy and cold, her natural sounding voice. Lillie and Plumeria walk to a laboratory where Faba and Lusamine are currently working on mutating a Garchomp. "This lady would like to see you two. She wishes to join Aether." Lillie walks away from the lab, going to her spot at the front desk.

"Hello. My name is Lusamine." A formal voice says. "I'm Plumeria, a former Team Skull member. I desire to learn more about your organization, and how you change the genetics of Pokémon and humans." "Gladly. Faba, could you come here for a moment?" Lusamine asks. An elderly man looks up from the Garchomp. "Yes?" Faba's voice is raspy and weak. "This lady wants to know about our genetic altering processes." Lusamine states. "Alright. This is how it starts." Faba pulls up a slide showing DNA of a Delcatty, and of a Gyarados. "We first take DNA samples from both species. Next, we combine them with splicers. Finally, we insert the DNA into the female Pokémon's egg, and the resulting egg is genetically modified hybrid species."

"That's amazing!" Plumeria exclaims in delight. "Now, wait. I want to know whether you're qualified to become an Aether member." Lusamine says rather coldly. "Fill out this form." She hands Plumeria a form that contains a list of questions in regards to evil, manipulative behavior. Plumeria fills out the form, hoping she is evil enough for Aether. She hands the completed form to Lusamine, who studies it carefully. "Mhmm. Well, congratulations. You're officially qualified. Hope you enjoy your new job at the Aether Foundation." She gives Plumeria a white uniform. "You will be working in the genetics department, along with Faba and I. We will show you all about how genes can be altered and modified, and hopefully, you can make your own forces of destruction too." Plumeria beamed. "I'll be your most loyal and despicable member yet."

Last edited:
(The reason why this was posted a day after chapter 3, is because I just really wanted to write this.)

For most of the day, as we were quite sleep-deprived, Gladion and I sleep. Eventually, at about 3:30, we wake up. I notice something a bit odd about my best friend's appearance. "I'm not trying to pry or anything, but do you have a prosthetic hand?..." I ask. "Yeah...why do you ask?" Gladion looks at me. "It's just something I noticed, that's all." I shrug. "I'd like to tell you about it, if you don't mind. It's something I've never told anyone before, so I guess you're the first." Gladion smiles and wraps his arm, without the prosthetic hand, around me. "It was my first year in Team Skull, and I was just beginning to learn the ropes of being evil."

A younger Gladion sat in his room, playing his guitar. This was the one time he ever truly felt happy, without being ordered around. Simply doing what he loved. Suddenly, Guzma burst open the door to Gladion's room. "Listen, punk! I told you to work on your speech, and instead you're playing your pathetic guitar? AUGH!" Guzma screamed. "Guzma, sir, I already practiced my speech twice today!" Gladion was creating a speech to perform at the annual Team Skull meeting. "TWICE ISN'T ENOUGH! DON'T MAKE ME BREAK YOUR GUITAR!" Guzma slammed the door.

Gladion sighed. "Will he ever stop?" He complained, though nobody could hear him. A voice inside his mind said that he should just work on his stupid speech so Guzma wouldn't yell at him again, but Gladion refused to do so. He kept playing his guitar, feeling more relaxed. About an hour later, he set down his guitar and listened to music. In case this wasn't obvious, Gladion loved music. It made him pleased to know that there were others who did what they loved. Guzma came into Gladion's room again. "Alright, lemme hear your speech." Gladion recited his speech, as Guzma would punish him horribly for not reciting it. "Great job." Guzma shut the door, not slamming it like before.

The following day, Gladion reluctantly got up from his bed. Guzma informed him that today was the day he had to perform his speech, much to Gladion's disappointment. He hated crowds, and was on the verge of hating Guzma even more than he already did. In truth, Gladion was only in Team Skull to have food and shelter. A couple hours later, he went out of his room and into the hallway that Team Skull were supposed to have their meeting. Guzma signaled for Gladion to come up and introduce himself, and he obeyed. Reading from the script he had compiled together, Gladion said: "Hello. My name is Gladion, a member of this fine organization known as Team Skull."

"I'm going to inform you of some changes we are making to Skull." Gladion announced. "One of these changes will be the removal of Guzma." "WHAT?!?!" Guzma shrieked in anger and shock. "Hey," Gladion said to him. "Nobody wants you here except Plumeria. Especially not me." Guzma grabbed Gladion forcibly by his arm, and jerked him towards him. "You can't be doing this! You're second in command, you can't make the rules!" "I did a majority vote, and almost everyone wants you gone. Guzma, you're worthless." Gladion shoved him away. "You're filth, and you should know it. You destroyed the lives of everyone, saying Skull will help you become powerful and strong, and will save you from your adversaries. Guess what? You're my adversary. I have never hated anybody more than-" Before Gladion could finish his sentence, Guzma pinned him to the ground.

"DON'T QUESTION MY AUTHORITY, YOUNG MAN! I might execute you myself." "Execute? Me?" Gladion laughed. "You can't do that. I'm virtually invincible. If I've survived this long in Skull, I can escape death. I'll find a way." "No. Gladion, I hate you as much as-as the Aether Foundation, curse them. I will kill you. Let this be a reminder to you, to never challenge the motives of Team Skull!" That's when the blade went inside Gladion's hand. "AUGH!" Gladion cried out in pain. "What are you-why did you-I...hate...you..." He blacked out.

When Gladion woke up, he was in a hospital bed. Two doctors were talking in hushed voices about his condition. Gladion looked at his left arm. All he saw at the end of it was a stump. "Guzma...cut off my hand? Why would anybody do something like that?" He fell back asleep, exhausted. "Gladion?" A strong voice said. It was one of the doctors he saw earlier. "Sir, I would like to talk to you about your condition." Gladion was still tired, but he managed to reply with an "Okay..." "You have three options about your hand. You can be handless on that arm, or undergo surgery and get a prosthetic one. Or you can have a hook as a hand."

Gladion studied his options carefully. "I'll go with the prosthetic hand. I don't wanna be handless, and I certainly don't want a hook." "Gladly. Now, get some rest." The doctor said. "You'll be having surgery tomorrow." He shut the door, letting Gladion sleep. The next day, Gladion felt refreshed. Maybe it was because he was away from that wretched Guzma. "This injury can't stop me from destroying Guzma. I'll do whatever it takes!" Gladion smiled. "And besides, it'll be cool to have a prosthetic hand. I can't think of too many people who have them."

Gladion underwent his surgery only a couple hours later. The operation went smoothly. According to the doctors, he would be able to leave the hospital in a few days. As soon as Gladion woke up, he looked at his left arm again. Instead of a stub, there was a shiny metal hand in place of his actual hand. "Haha! Brilliant, I say! Brilliant!" Gladion said, feeling a lot better. "From this moment onward," he promised himself, "Team Skull will be my worst enemies, and I will never show loyalty to them again!"

"Well, you asked about my hand, I answered." Gladion shoves me playfully. "Wow. I can't believe that Guzma didn't get thrown in jail just for doing that." I state. He nods. "Exactly. But, he said that he would kill anyone who dared to do that to him, so he never got arrested for it." "That's sad." I say, still thinking about the story he told me. "I know it is. But that was in the past, and we have each other now. I'm good." Gladion smiles. "So am I, Gladiator. So am I."

Plumeria is working with her new bosses, Lusamine and Faba, on an experiment. She has recently applied to the Aether Foundation, a genetic-alteration group. "Now, I'm going to give you a splicer." Faba says. "You will extract the DNA of this woman, and fuse it with the DNA of an Umbreon." "I'm making an...Ultra Beast?" Plumeria is shocked. "Yes, you will. Take the splicer and get to work." Plumeria does so, and the woman shrieks in pain. All the test subjects of the Aether Foundation are alive, as opposed to creating the hybrids from dead people and Pokémon. Each subject dies afterwards, being killed by one of Aether's employees. Plumeria shudders. Although she is evil, she couldn't see herself doing something like this. But she does it anyways. Afterwards, Plumeria fuses the DNA of the woman with the Umbreon's. "Me and Lusamine will take care of the rest. You may be excused. Thank you for your help." "You're...welcome. I'm honored." Plumeria smiles, and leaves.

"Plumeria, you can come in now." Lusamine says. "Your Ultra Beast is ready to see you." Plumeria goes into the laboratory where the Ultra Beasts are kept, once they have been created. She is greeted by a quadrupedal creature with a white body and silver, sharp pointed wings. It has piercing blue eyes, and glossy black claws that can slice through diamond. Lusamine had told her that the woman had always been interested in geology and precious stones, which is why the creature has an appearance of various rocks and metals. While the Ultra Beast doesn't seem that threatening at first, it can be quite dangerous when in battle on mountaintops. "It's...beautiful..." Plumeria gazes at it in admiration. "You get to name it." Faba says. "I will call it...Ferra! UB-03Ferra, technically speaking." "That's a very pretty name. It's all yours now." Ferra trots over to Plumeria, looking at her for confirmation. Plumeria nods, and Ferra sits next to her, seeming proud. "You did great for your first experiment. We will call you if we need you for further experiments. Good luck, Plumeria." Lusamine says. Plumeria walks away, feeling rather happy.

"Good morning, Gladiator!" Gladion and I had gotten up at around the same time this morning. "Hey, Tiff! Whadda wanna do today?" "Dunno. You pick." "There's a Waffle House down the street, we could go there for break-I swear, this same thing happened about four days ago." "It did." I say, confirming his statement. "Weird. Well, let's go see what's on the news, so we might have an idea on today's schedule." Gladion turns on the TV, where a weather report plays. "Ugh. Boring..." He switches to another news channel, with a report on a woman's death. The woman's name was Nanci, an aspiring geologist just out of college. "Why is this on the news?" I enquire. "Dunno." Gladion shrugs. After the report, the newscaster says something about a lady named Plumeria who is traveling with a strange creature, bearing some resemblance to the dead woman.

"Plumeria..." Gladion grits his teeth in disgust. "I'd never thought I'd see her wretched face again. I thought she died in the explosion, but no." "Is she the lady who wanted Guzma to stay in Team Skull?" I ask. "Yes. That was her. Always hated her. Now, she's back. And I'll do whatever it takes to destroy her." "Again with the 'destroying my adversaries' thing?" I laugh. "Yeah, I guess so." Gladion smirks. "But it's nothing to worry about, at least not for now. Let's go get some breakfast." We go to the Waffle House, like a few days before. I notice that the sign wanting a reward for Gladion has become tattered and worn out, so I take it off the telephone pole and throw it out. Gladion and I eat our breakfast, for once not worrying about anything.

The two of us leave the Waffle House, and hear a loud bang. "What's that, Gladiator?" I ask my best friend. "Probably just someone dropping something." Then, we heard the bomb drop. "Oh, great, not another explosion. I'm gonna go deaf if this keeps up." I laugh, but Gladion keeps a straight face. "No, Tiff. There's something more, I know there is. Look." He points to the sky, and a helicopter appears. It descends into the street, and a woman walks out. She has long pink hair and highlights. Next to her is the creature that I saw in the news earlier today. "Is that Plumeria?" I whisper to Gladion. He nods. "It is. I wonder what she's doing here."

Plumeria notices Gladion. "You..." She runs, nearly knocking him over. "I thought I'd never see-" Gladion cuts her off. "That's what I said. Now, explain your business." "I came looking for you." Plumeria says. "I now work for the Aether Foundation as a geneticist. This is UB-03Ferra, an Ultra Beast I made." Plumeria states pridefully. "You sick monster! I never thought you would be responsible for killing people and Pokémon to destroy Alola! Altering their genetics, and ultimately killing them. I hate you even more." Gladion's eyes burn with fury and rage. "As to you. You were a traitor to Team Skull. You left the group you loved!"

"I NEVER LOVED SKULL!" Gladion yells. "I only joined them to have a place to live, but they ruined me. RUINED ME! You had everything cut out for you. You were born evil, all your relatives were evil! You were always supporting despicable causes! Not only that, but you also had a family, a home, everything you needed! I HAD NONE OF THAT!" Gladion says angrily. "Whatever." Plumeria rolls her eyes and walks away. "I hate you, and I'll destroy you. And that girl, too." I sigh. "Don't worry, Tiff. I won't let anything happen to you. Let's go home." The two of us do so, and relax. For now, Plumeria isn't a threat, but maybe she will be.

(I update this story a little too much. But I do enjoy writing it, and that's all that matters.)

Last edited:
The next morning, I wake up from a night full of terror. I despise nights like these, where I want to escape from the nightmares, but they trap me like a net. I dreamt about Nanci, the dead woman, Plumeria destroying all that I love with Ferra, and my beloved Gladion being brutally murdered by an undead Guzma. "It's not real, you'll be okay." I try to tell myself, but it doesn't help shake the feeling of terror. I go downstairs, feeling nervous about what I'll find. As one might expect, nothing out of the ordinary occurred. I was overreacting, as I sometimes do about these atrocious nights I sometimes have. I say hello to Gladion, and he does the same.

"You know," Gladion says. "I've been thinking. I have come to the conclusion that the Ultra Beasts have some sort of memory. A memory of the dead person's life, and the life of the Pokémon that was used to create it. These memories make up both its personality, and its appearance. That's why Ferra, the creature we saw yesterday, had the appearance of polished metal, obsidian claws, and diamond-like eyes. Nanci was interested in geology, which made Ferra have a metallic appearance." I nod. "You're probably right. I can't believe someone would literally kill people and Pokémon to create these weird...things, though." "Nor do I, Tiffany." Gladion sighs.

Plumeria is once again in the laboratory of the Aether Foundation, this time working on a mechanical creature. This experiment is made up of the parts of various subjects the Aether Foundation has worked on. Plumeria feels happy working on it, because she has ended up enjoying the process of extracting and merging of DNA, but most of all, the execution of the subjects afterwards. Most people would have thought that was a sick way of thinking, and so did Plumeria. But she took pride in her sadistic frame of mind, thinking to use it to her advantage. "Almost done.." Plumeria says, taking the tail of a Ninetales and attaching it to the body of the creature. "Alright. Now to make it alive." Plumeria smiles viciously. "Lusamine, Faba? I need you." They arrive shortly after, and the procedure begins.

Lusamine turns on a light, examining the creature. She then rips it apart, and places artificial organs inside of it. Lusamine sews it back up, and it comes alive. Aether's artificial organs have the ability to revive dead things, due to high-tech technology. The creature has the tails of a Ninetales on its head, acting as a crown. It has the body of a Hydreigon, and the wings of a Lunala. Its head is the head of a Yveltal, and it has the legs of a Rapidash. Its tail is that of a Reshiram, and its arms are that of a Charizard. The creature has a cry that sounds like a scream of pain, mixed with a Noivern. "It's horrifying. But so wonderful." Plumeria looks at it. It looks at her questioningly. "This is no Ultra Beaat." Faba says. "Although, it sure looks like one. This one will be under myself and Lusamine's control for a while. Soon, you can take it for a spin." Plumeria nods affirmingly, and walks out like the day before.

I talk to Gladion for a while. About Plumeria and the Aether Foundation. What do to about them, how we can take them over. "Well," Gladion suggests. "We could always just blow them up like I did with Skull." "We could. I wouldn't have a problem with that, but we did that four chapters ago." I say. "Tiffany, what did I tell you about breaking the fourth wall?" Gladion scolds me. "Don't do it, because you may wipe us off the face of the earth." "Oh." I look down at the floor. "Sorry, Gladiator." "Nah, it's fine." Gladion shrugs as usual. "So...how will we take over Aether?"
I ask my best friend. "Nuclear weapons?" He suggests to me. "Maybe. We could use our Pokémon, Legendaries, mainly." "That wouldn't be so bad. But Aether's hybrids are stronger than you think."

"What do you mean by that? They can't be much stronger than your average Legendary." Gladion shakes his head. "No, Tiff. They are far stronger. They carry all the typings of whatever Pokémon were used to make them, so a hybrid made with a Skarmory, Virizion, Delphox, Flygon, and Sharpedo would be Steel/Flying/Grass/Fire/Physic/Ground/Dragon/Water/Dark. That's half of every Pokémon type right there." "Man, that's OP!" I say in shock. "Exactly. Which is why they're that powerful. Not only that, but Aether's hybrids take on the characteristics of each species that was used to create it." Apparently, Gladion had done his fair share of research on Aether's hybrid Pokémon.

"I don't want to meet one of those things at all!" I say, scared. "I don't either. But we may have to." Gladion said soberly. "We might?" "Yes. We might. I'll try to keep us safe, alright?" My best friend tries to smile at me, as he usually does when he's nervous. I try to do the same, but end up pleading with him, "Gladiator, I'm not letting you do this. I'm not letting you fight the hybrids, it's too dangerous!" "Chill. I'll be alright. I got you, and the two of us are pretty powerful." "Well...I guess you're right. I just..." "Yeah, yeah. You love me, I know." Gladion grins, for real this time. "I sure do, Gladiator!" A wave of certainty washes over me, the feeling that I know that everything will turn out alright in the end. I'll be okay, and with Gladion by my side, we'll be unstoppable!. I know we will!

Last edited:
The next day, Gladion and I saw a rather unusual change in Null, my best friend's trusted Pokémon. "Is his helmet...coming off?..." I said, observing a crack in Null's helmet. Gladion shrugs. "Maybe. I dunno." "You say that too much." I smile at him, as usual. "Uh-huh." He stares at Null. "I wonder..." Suddenly, Null changed before our very eyes. His helmet came off completely, and he became taller, with a fierce look in his eyes. "What was that?" I ask Gladion. "I believe he evolved." He looks Null's evolution up, and it appears to be known as Silvally. Apparently, Silvally has many Arceus-like traits, including his ability and signature move.

"This thing is going to be a beast. It's basically a mini-Arceus." Gladion states happily. "Well, according to this article," I say, "Null only evolves if it trusts it's Trainer. This means that Null trusted you. I kinda wanna give him a name now." "How about Super-Ultra-Mega-Beast-of-Total- Annihilation-and-Destruction?" My best friend asks. "Too long. Maybe Bela?" I ask. "It sounds girly." "It's a male name." I show him a list of names meaning destruction. "Oh. I guess." Bela leaps around the house, accidentally knocking over a lamp. Gladion sighs. "At least he's happy. Probably because he's finally free from that helmet of his."

"I also thought of something." My best friend tells me. "Mhmm?" "Well, Silvally's ability is called RKS System, which sounds a heck of a lot like Arceus. His appearance also reminds me a little bit of Arceus, and his ability and signature move are basically the same as Arceus'. That lead me to believe that Silvally is actually an Arceus hybrid, as in...the Aether Foundation killed Arceus to create this. Killed Arceus." Gladion says, adding emphasis on 'killed'. "That makes sense, Gladiator. I'm kinda scared..." I respond fearfully. Gladion wraps his arm around me. "You'll be okay, Tiff. You have me, and I'll always be here for you." "Thanks, Gladiator. You're the best." "I try." He smiles at me, and I do the same.

Plumeria gives the camera a cheerful grin. She's currently working on a propaganda video for the Aether Foundation. "Hello! My name is Plumeria, and I work for the Aether Foundation! We're currently looking for members, and will always help you with a smile!" "And, cut!" Wicke smiles. "Perfect! Now to air this on the local TV station." She types in a couple of words, and uploads the ad to the ANN website. Plumeria nods approvingly. "I do want to ask you something." "What is it?" "How did you create Silvally?" Wicke looks at Plumeria in surprise. "Well, I'll have Faba and Lusamine talk to you about this." They arrive, and begin the tale.

"First, you need some backstory." Lusamine says. "My son, Gladion-" Plumeria cuts her off. "He's your son?" "Yes. And Lillie is my daughter." "Evil must run in the family. Except for Gladion, he ran off with that girl, whoever her name is." Plumeria states. "He sure did. Anyways, Gladion was always a loyal member of Aether, helping his sister and I. He was mentored by Wicke in the ways of manipulation, and I always thought that he, like his sister, would become evil and menacing. Gladion was, for a while. Then he joined Team Skull, thinking they would help him become powerful. And finally, he left even them." Lusamine sighs.

"While Gladion was still loyal to Aether, Faba and I created an Arceus hybrid. We killed an Arceus, and a Yveltal to create Silvally, out of hatred for everyone who dare oppose us. I trained Silvally, who was then a Type:Null, to become brutal and powerful. Instead, it bonded with Gladion. to my dismay. I tried my best for it to hate everyone, but it never happened." Lusamine stares off into the distance. "And now, Gladion left." "Wow, that's a pretty sad story." Plumeria says.

"You know, I worked with Gladion at one time, back when he was in Skull. We hated each other. A lot." Lusamine looks at her in shock. "You don't seem like you'd hate each other." "Well, we did. More than pretty much anyone else." "Ouch..." Lusamine sympathizes. "Gladion always was rather dumb." Fans shrugs. "We don't tolerate rebels, Aether only wants people who will willingly obey." Lusamine glares at him. "My son is not dumb, or an idiot. Yes, he left Aether, but is that any reason to question his intelligence? No! It is not!" Lusamine's voice rises in fury. Faba sighs. "Believe what you wish..." He walks off.

I have never felt happier in my life. Gladion is with me, and he's all I really need right now. Not trying to sound cheesy, but it's true. My best friend looks at me, as happy as I am. "See? You're gonna be okay. I gotcha. So, wanna play Minecraft?" Gladion actually has a secret love for video games like Minecraft, where you can just do whatever you want. I can see why, with his rebellious nature and all. "Sure." I reply. Gladion turns on his Xbox and we begin to play. After about an hour or so, he turns off the Xbox, and does something rather unexpected. He kisses me. Not passionately, like on those horrid romance movies. Just affectionate. I blush a little. "I-I-Gladiator, what?.." "Whadda mean, what? I love ya, you know that!" Gladion says cheerfully. "Right back at'cha!" I say just as happily. We stay there together, feeling wonderful.
------
(Rebelshipping is canon)
*I'll try to make the relationship between Gladion and myself not romance-movie like, for I despise romance movies. Just putting it out there, so you guys won't fear that this story will become like the cringy Twilight saga (may it burn forever).

Last edited:
The next day, Gladion and I saw a rather unusual change in Null, my best friend's trusted Pokémon. "Is his helmet...coming off?..." I said, observing a crack in Null's helmet. Gladion shrugs. "Maybe. I dunno." "You say that too much." I smile at him, as usual. "Uh-huh." He stares at Null. "I wonder..." Suddenly, Null changed before our very eyes. His helmet came off completely, and he became taller, with a fierce look in his eyes. "What was that?" I ask Gladion. "I believe he evolved." He looks Null's evolution up, and it appears to be known as Silvally. Apparently, Silvally has many Arceus-like traits, including his ability and signature move.

"This thing is going to be a beast. It's basically a mini-Arceus." Gladion states happily. "Well, according to this article," I say, "Null only evolves if it trusts it's Trainer. This means that Null trusted you. I kinda wanna give him a name now." "How about Super-Ultra-Mega-Beast-of-Total- Annihilation-and-Destruction?" My best friend asks. "Too long. Maybe Bela?" I ask. "It sounds girly." "It's a male name." I show him a list of names meaning destruction. "Oh. I guess." Bela leaps around the house, accidentally knocking over a lamp. Gladion sighs. "At least he's happy. Probably because he's finally free from that helmet of his."

"I also thought of something." My best friend tells me. "Mhmm?" "Well, Silvally's ability is called RKS System, which sounds a heck of a lot like Arceus. His appearance also reminds me a little bit of Arceus, and his ability and signature move are basically the same as Arceus'. That lead me to believe that Silvally is actually an Arceus hybrid, as in...the Aether Foundation killed Arceus to create this. Killed Arceus." Gladion says, adding emphasis on 'killed'. "That makes sense, Gladiator. I'm kinda scared..." I respond fearfully. Gladion wraps his arm around me. "You'll be okay, Tiff. You have me, and I'll always be here for you." "Thanks, Gladiator. You're the best." "I try." He smiles at me, and I do the same.

Plumeria gives the camera a cheerful grin. She's currently working on a propaganda video for the Aether Foundation. "Hello! My name is Plumeria, and I work for the Aether Foundation! We're currently looking for members, and will always help you with a smile!" "And, cut!" Wicke smiles. "Perfect! Now to air this on the local TV station." She types in a couple of words, and uploads the ad to the ANN website. Plumeria nods approvingly. "I do want to ask you something." "What is it?" "How did you create Silvally?" Wicke looks at Plumeria in surprise. "Well, I'll have Faba and Lusamine talk to you about this." They arrive, and begin the tale.

"First, you need some backstory." Lusamine says. "My son, Gladion-" Plumeria cuts her off. "He's your son?" "Yes. And Lillie is my daughter." "Evil must run in the family. Except for Gladion, he ran off with that girl, whoever her name is." Plumeria states. "He sure did. Anyways, Gladion was always a loyal member of Aether, helping his sister and I. He was mentored by Wicke in the ways of manipulation, and I always thought that he, like his sister, would become evil and menacing. Gladion was, for a while. Then he joined Team Skull, thinking they would help him become powerful. And finally, he left even them." Lusamine sighs.

"While Gladion was still loyal to Aether, Faba and I created an Arceus hybrid. We killed an Arceus, and a Yveltal to create Silvally, out of hatred for everyone who dare oppose us. I trained Silvally, who was then a Type:Null, to become brutal and powerful. Instead, it bonded with Gladion. to my dismay. I tried my best for it to hate everyone, but it never happened." Lusamine stares off into the distance. "And now, Gladion left." "Wow, that's a pretty sad story." Plumeria says.

"You know, I worked with Gladion at one time, back when he was in Skull. We hated each other. A lot." Lusamine looks at her in shock. "You don't seem like you'd hate each other." "Well, we did. More than pretty much anyone else." "Ouch..." Lusamine sympathizes. "Gladion always was rather dumb." Fans shrugs. "We don't tolerate rebels, Aether only wants people who will willingly obey." Lusamine glares at him. "My son is not dumb, or an idiot. Yes, he left Aether, but is that any reason to question his intelligence? No! It is not!" Lusamine's voice rises in fury. Faba sighs. "Believe what you wish..." He walks off.

I have never felt happier in my life. Gladion is with me, and he's all I really need right now. Not trying to sound cheesy, but it's true. My best friend looks at me, as happy as I am. "See? You're gonna be okay. I gotcha. So, wanna play Minecraft?" Gladion actually has a secret love for video games like Minecraft, where you can just do whatever you want. I can see why, with his rebellious nature and all. "Sure." I reply. Gladion turns on his Xbox and we begin to play. After about an hour or so, he turns off the Xbox, and does something rather unexpected. He kisses me. Not passionately, like on those horrid romance movies. Just affectionate. I blush a little. "I-I-Gladiator, what?.." "Whadda mean, what? I love ya, you know that!" Gladion says cheerfully. "Right back at'cha!" I say just as happily. We stay there together, feeling wonderful.
------
(Rebelshipping is canon)
this is great, and I cant wait to hear more about what aether is planning. also, that part about lusamines son and daughter is exactly what I think will happen in the real games.

this is great, and I cant wait to hear more about what aether is planning. also, that part about lusamines son and daughter is exactly what I think will happen in the real games.
Aether's gonna kill everyone. (Not really)
Thanks for the feedback. I also added a little side note at the end, if you're interested, right after where I said that Rebelshipping was canon.

Back