A REAL Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathSharingan

Gaming Expert...
Señor Noobnerd said:
Right now, there are no reports, so it's fine. But there is one thing NO ONE can handle. Lack of knowledge. You cannot force people to read up on guides and learn stuff. They'll be stuck with thinking Hyper Beam and Giga Attack and the PWNZOR Nova Strike are the best moves in the game. There are no rules against this, so it's impossible to stop.

Well, we need to think about an alternative.

Mewstor

Pokémon Professor
Señor Noobnerd said:
Right now, there are no reports, so it's fine. But there is one thing NO ONE can handle. Lack of knowledge. You cannot force people to read up on guides and learn stuff. They'll be stuck with thinking Hyper Beam and Giga Attack are the best moves in the game. There are no rules against this, so it's impossible to stop.

There will ALWAYS be people who are new to the game in the aspect of making pokemon teams or playing through the game. And no, you can't force teach them. No, you can't make them read anything. You can suggest that to them.

Imagine what this or any other forum would be like if everyone knew everything. No one would have to answer any questions about anything what so ever. Everybody knew how to make a good team. Everybody automatically knew what EV's and IV's meant. Everybody knew every single rule there is to the TCG game and knew how to play through a game with no help at all. What would be left? The anime area where everybody would just be spamming around with different pokeshippings XD.

No, you just have to keep answering even the stupidest questions because for the one who made the question it might not feel stupid at all. They just honestly don't know! They're not n00bs! They're newbies :)

This brings me to the n00bs again.

N00bs are members who (more times that you think) know the rules, but think they are above them and brake them. Either slightly, hoping no one notices, or after a while with a really arrogant matter, cause they weren't stopped on their tracks much earlier when they should have been stopped.
N00bs are members that spam. You tell them it is spamming but they continue. Either because they think you don't notice or because they don't think it's spam. They might have problems defining the concept of a forum. They think it's like a chat room, which it is not :/
N00bs are members that think they can say anything. That they are rulers of the world and can post anything, anytime, anywhere. These are usually the total idiots that get banned pretty quickly cause they are quite easy to pick out from the crowd.

The reason why some n00bs slide under the radar, is because they aren't dealt with quickly and efficiently enough. They are not told to stop early enough or get ignored (by accident or because of the lack of time/staff/spine!). It needs to be made clear what will happen if you brake the rules too many times, and if don't start to change their habits and at least try to post better.
Sometimes when someones postcount (level) gets high enough, some moderators (don't know if that happens here) seem to get more tolerant towards them cause they are "forum regulars". This should not happen.

Blaa blaa blaa... I could have so much more to say a again but I want to do something else now. After what I said in my last post, I'm starting to loose interest in this cause it seems to lead nowhere.

Fridge

Indie 'Choo's just too cool.
I really think that we are not going to be able to do the I bar.

I have a much simpler suggestion and it will work.

This idea is the the I bar, but much easier to do.

Here is how my idea is.

Every time a poster brakes a rule, they get a * or another symbol on the end of their name. A member with 3 starts gets a week ban. A member with 5 starts gets a perma ban. The only problem is, Mods cannot edit names, so we would have to make them able to do so.

This idea is easy enough, but there is a second part to it witch makes it much more forum friendly to other members:

Anyone with 1 - 3 stars posts in a separate forum, like the age idea. The y can only talk to people who also have 1-3 stars. When the Mods see these members have learnt their llesson, they will get their stars wiped off.

Any members who persist and have 4 stars post in another separate forum, ( this is like a forum just for members who keep braking the rules after their week ban. ) Another offence in this forum gives you a perma ban.

And the best bit is, Mods don't need to take ages to do this. All they need to do is when they see a rule braking post, edit the name. And as WPM said, it only takes a few clicks to move them to another Forum.

This is like the Ibar idea, but without the complicated bits, and with one or two clicks, anyone's name can be edited or they can be moved.

This idea any better?

pungtuckweng

Aspiring Trainer
Fire_Pokemon_Master said:
I really think that we are not going to be able to do the I bar.

I have a much simpler suggestion and it will work.

This idea is the the I bar, but much easier to do.

Here is how my idea is.

Every time a poster brakes a rule, they get a * or another symbol on the end of their name. A member with 3 starts gets a week ban. A member with 5 starts gets a perma ban. The only problem is, Mods cannot edit names, so we would have to make them able to do so.

This idea is easy enough, but there is a second part to it witch makes it much more forum friendly to other members:

Anyone with 1 - 3 stars posts in a separate forum, like the age idea. The y can only talk to people who also have 1-3 stars. When the Mods see these members have learnt their llesson, they will get their stars wiped off.

Any members who persist and have 4 stars post in another separate forum, ( this is like a forum just for members who keep braking the rules after their week ban. ) Another offence in this forum gives you a perma ban.

And the best bit is, Mods don't need to take ages to do this. All they need to do is when they see a rule braking post, edit the name. And as WPM said, it only takes a few clicks to move them to another Forum.

This is like the Ibar idea, but without the complicated bits, and with one or two clicks, anyone's name can be edited or they can be moved.

This idea any better?

The i-bar has been made by a myBB guy, it's just that WPM cannot get it to work (Tikitiki may help here :)). As for the name-changing thing, people can purposely add stars to their names when they sign up as a member. Obviously, this would confuse the mods.

Btw, only Supermods can edit names. Yeah, WPM can change the permission settings, w/e.

Fridge

Well, we could use colours...

admin
supermod
mod
1-3 stars forum poster
4 stars forum poster

this way we can just use colours to show what level the member is.

Silver

The Crest of Reliability
You could split us up according to our level....I'm not sure though but most of the n00bs posst's are spam that sometimes get deleleted...I think....

Fridge

How can you split us up into levels? Levels are how mayn posts you have made, what if a n00b makes 3 billino posts but they all say 'cheese and eggs go together' then they should get in the top group?

Teddiursa

Pokébeach Strategist.
Fire_Pokemon_Master said:
Well, we could use colours...

admin
supermod
mod
1-3 stars forum poster
4 stars forum poster

this way we can just use colors to show what level the member is.

What about Strategists and Trade Council Members??
Would we remain the same in italics and the Degree sign?

Pride

May I kill him?
Silver said:
You could split us up according to our level....I'm not sure though but most of the n00bs posst's are spam that sometimes get deleleted...I think....

Dividing people by levels is worse then WPM's idea. This gives people a reason to spam more, and post count does not reflect someone's level of intelligence. Intelligence would be indicated by the content of their posts.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
After reading all the posts in this thread now, it seems as if the best idea is going to be the age-splitting and reputation systems. Everyone will be split by age, and if they are ranked higher by their reputation, they will automatically be moved up (down, too). We can also manually move people up and down.

I am locking this for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.