Ruling A question about Unown "H"

AuhsojSivart

An Unseen Force
h.jpg

Would this allow me to attach a tool to an ex then immediately discard it in order to power up a Slowking?

What? Alright...let's work on it:

Hypothesis 1:

You are asking if you can attach a tool that can't be normally attached to a Pokémon, like a Prot. Orb to an ex.

Answer: No. You can't simply attach something that can't be normally attached to another thing.

Hypothesis 2:

You are asking if you can discard a tool right after attacking with Unown to retreat same turn and attack with Slowking UF.

Answer: No. It'll only work right if the Tools are berries. Otherwise, no. And Hidden Power is an attack, which implies that you have to finish your turn right after using it.

Hypothesis 3:

Pretty much 1 and 2 together.

Answer: No.

080.jpg

If the Pokemon that Curse Powder is attached to is a Basic Pokemon or Pokemon-ex, discard Curse Powder.

Wouldn't Unown's attack override not being able to attach to Pokemon-ex? However, you would have to discard it immediately.

I know it wouldn't work on the same turn. I'm not an idiot.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can, since mew can power move for a dre, but it just gets discarded.

There isnt a ruling on this, so i'm gonna go by pure logic of how the cards are worded...

Unown H doesnt specify which type of pokemon you can attach it to, so it must include everything.

But, by reading Curse Powder above where it says "Attach CP to 1 of your evolved Pokemon (excluding Pokemon-ex)..." Therefore you cannot attach Tools which state that to Ex's.

The reason why it says "If the Pokemon CP is attached to is a Basic pokemon or a Pokemon-ex, discard CP." Now that isnt saying that you can attach it to Basics and Ex's, since the 1st part of the text clearly says you cant. This part means that if a Pokemon was Evolved/Devolved into an Ex/basic THEN you must discard CP.

I would say that Unown H's attack will Not work on Ex's, because the Tools specifically say 'Excluding Pokemon-ex'. That's the logic of how I see it.

It's all a question of Unown H's wording. If the attack says: "...and attach it to...", logically, it can't be attached. But in POW! and DRE/Scramble ruling, it's MOVE, not ATTACH.

I would beg to differ. Because its coming from your deck, its not public knowlage as to what your grabbing. Also, even though it says you can't attach curse powder to a basic, its coming from the deck, thus its auto-attached and then discarded.

Back