A little help in finding some information about my old collection

A

Alv

So, a quick background as to why I made this thread:
I played for a very brief time when I was very young quite some time ago now. Ten-ish years maybe? And it was a brief time since I only had the base set, Jungle and Fossil. I am not looking to get back in seeing as another TCG is busy draining my wallet, but that is exactly why I am asking this.

I still have some of my old cards from this. Various promos, rares, foils (holos I guess), some 1st edition, etc. Since I was so young I never really knew of the more collectable aspects beyond simply common/uncommon/rare, holo, 1st edition. That was it.

Since I am looking to get rid of what I have left of the old collection (and no, I am not posting this thread to sell it), I think I need to educate myself first on what I have so I know what I would be presenting for sale. I see things such as "shadowless" listed on eBay. PSA ratings, etc.

The long and short of it is this: Can you please point me in the direction of some wiki or general FAQ in helping me figure out what I have? How do I find/estimate the PSA grades and where/what does it cost me to get those professionally graded? All that sort of stuff. A little info to help me get the collection in order before I sell it off to feed my other hobby (because hey, that's just the way it goes, from one hobby into the other, right?)

Thank you for your time and I sincerely hope I didn't violate any sort of forum rules by posting this here.

^That's not always true

This isn't as to-date as it should be, but this might give you a general idea: http://www.pojo.com/priceguide/prices.html

Also check ebay, cards are only worth what people are willing to pay.

A few pictures of your collection might help. Furthermore, Pokegym has a section purely for prizing and all that, so you might want to check there.
If you get the pictures, the people with more expertise could tell you exactly what you have and the estimated worth.

If you want info on PSA gradings check the link in my sig it will take you directly to PSA grading page. It really depends on what cards you have and what condition and how much of a set you have there a lot of factors in all this collecting that make the sets worth money. In your case we need to know exactly what you have. I can tell you this is not so much of a collecting driven community here on pokebeach (trust me been screwed condition wise in trades). If you want to PM me I may be able to help you out.

Back