• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

A great big piece of karp deck (cities) Masters

YoungNes

Aspiring Trainer
Masters Division

I was just always wanted to have gyrados with some sp guy so i decided blaziken. Blaziken takes care of dialga and jumpluff and spiritomb lock and switches up the pokemon with high retreat cost to the active while gyrados does 110 to all the sps and does good against those machamp matchups. Since battle roads is done and i topped 4'd with gyrados but not with this list in 1 of them, im gonna try this out for cities.

Pokemon

4-magikarp sf
3-gyrados sf
1-registeel la
1-regice la
3-blaziken fb sv
1-blaziken fb level x sv
1-azelf la
3-uxie la
4-sableye sf

=21

Trainers/Supporters
4-volkners philosophy
3-bebe
4-cyrus's conspiracy
1-luxury ball
3-s.p radar
3-e-gain
3-broken time space
4-pokemon rescue
3-pokemon collector
2-expert belt
4-super scoop up

=34

5-fire energy

=5

I'm not that great of a deckbuilder as u can see but i think i might add in some crobats and poketurns just dont know what to take out.

RE: A great big piece of karp deck (cities)

Regice takes care of active Spiritombs and trainer lock barely affects you apart from using Pokemon Rescue which can be solved via Combee SF. I'm a bit sceptical of Blaziken FB lvX because Dialga G poses little threat towards Gyrados, you can easily focus on their bench for cheap prizes if need be.

-3 SP Radar
-2 Blaziken FB
-1 Uxie
-1 Registeel LA (You don't need another high retreat cost Luxray GL / Garchomp C bait on the bench.)
-2 Cyrus's Conspiracy
-2 Energy Gain
-3 {R} Energy
(-14)

+1 Unown Q (Helps to freely retreat Sableye)
+1 Combee SF (Helps retrieve Magikarps while under trainer lock)
+1 Crobat G (This is more of a personal preferance but an extra 10 damage never hurts)
+1 Chatot MD (It isn't entirely needed, but i like it as it increases my "basic" count and provides nice early game hand refresh)
+3 Warp Energy OR Cyclone Energy
+3 Poke Turn
+2 Pokemon Communication
+2 Professor Oak' New Theory (Hand refresh)

It's going to be hard to tech in crobats and poketurns. I would suggest that you remove registeel at the least. And then go with one less of the sp engine. IE one less conspiracy

Palmers is better than Pokemon Rescue. It's also better during trainer lock.
I'd say:
-2 Rescue
+Palmers
(you should take out all your rescues I just don't know a replacement)

Back