News A Future 25th Anniversary Pokemon Promo Has Been Pulled from a ‘Darkness Ablaze’ Booster Pack — What

I'm putting in my bets now that next year's events will focus on starters, like how the 20th anniversary focused on Mythicals. The only thing is that after TCT releases, only half of the starters will be in SwSh. Does this mean that the next games will release in the spring or summer with the other four sets of starters available? I sure do hope so.

Good to know we'll get max rarity Chimchars for all 3 players / fans of Infernape decks.

Oh wait, Infernape rotated. The one Infernape player playing in Expanded format.

Pikachu is technically a starter too thanks to yellow.

So, to make this set happen, they'll have to use the (presumably) most recent printings of every starter? Both SM-era Totodiles have appeared exclusively in limited sets (Dragon Majesty and Shining Legends), so it might be an interesting mix.

I'm putting in my bets now that next year's events will focus on starters, like how the 20th anniversary focused on Mythicals. The only thing is that after TCT releases, only half of the starters will be in SwSh. Does this mean that the next games will release in the spring or summer with the other four sets of starters available? I sure do hope so.
Isn’t it sad that we now have to question whether or not we’re going to have certain Pokémon available in our games now?

My obligatory complaining about Sword and Shield aside, usually the TCG acts on its own accord, so it could just kind of be its own thing without any regard for the games. If it is an event that spans the entire series I could see the starters being available as events in SwSh like they did with all the legendaries in Sun and Moon/USUM two years ago or whenever it was. At least I hope that’s how it goes, I don’t trust them to come out with a new game next year. They’re probably going to, but with that little time between Sword and Shield and the DLC on top of the company having such a small staff, it’s probably not going to be the quality it deserves to be, sadly.

The problem is, since Fates Collide & Steam Siege, respectively, we haven't seen any Snivy and Oshawott been printed.

The problem is, since Fates Collide & Steam Siege, respectively, we haven't seen any Snivy and Oshawott been printed.

Those guys plus Chespin never made a Sun & Moon appearance (not counting that Japanese promo). So if they do indeed use all the starters, it will be interesting.

Wonder what the toys will be like? Hopefully better than the last one.

The only thing that sucks with trying to just buy the toys/cards, you don't know which one you will be getting till you open them

It’s always so difficult to get these cards and they not be bent and creased.

I wish they would sell a master set in an file/album for $9.99 or even $14.99.

I'm sure the other cards will be Sinnoh themed cards+Pikachu because GF's gonna release Diamond and Pearl remakes next year.

Back