Pokemon A Friend Received These Direct Messages on Twitter from @Pokemon Today. Has Anyone Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...
fPAIgy9.jpg

It seems a bit out of the blue and, well, direct. I had to go through a whole process involving a phone call and forms when I won a t-shirt from a @NintendoAmerica sweepstakes. A scam would probably come from @Pokenon (or something) and would keep communication on Twitter ("DM us your address!"), so it seems legit.

Patriots Fan

Collector
Are those verified as Pokemon's official Twitter and e-mail accounts (don't use Twitter, so I wouldn't know about their Twitter handle)? If so, then it's legit. You can try tweeting them and saying if they're dm'ing people with such a offer.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Patriots Fan said:
Are those verified as Pokemon's official Twitter and e-mail accounts (don't use Twitter, so I wouldn't know about their Twitter handle)? If so, then it's legit. You can try tweeting them and saying if they're dm'ing people with such a offer.
Yes, @Pokemon is the real, verified Pokémon account.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Your friend is the same guy that got a "leak" of OR/AS Mega Evolutions and passed it around on Facebook (a fake image). Not sure how nefarious he is, but he could have made this up. Seems like he's fishing for attention. And I don't think Pokemon has ever DM'd anyone too.

Teeboy23

Pokemon Trainer
Water Pokémon Master said:
Your friend is the same guy that got a "leak" of OR/AS Mega Evolutions and passed it around on Facebook (a fake image). Not sure how nefarious he is, but he could have made this up. Seems like he's fishing for attention. And I don't think Pokemon has ever DM'd anyone too.

I've NEVER gotten a leak from anybody about anything. I just happened to check my Twitter messages yesterday and it was there. I'm not lying and I didn't make this up. It's out of the blue, yes. And it is odd that I was the only one that gotten this(no other reports have came in of anyone else received but this message was sent to me, yesterday. And it is the official Pokémon Twitter account.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Perhaps you'll give me temporary access to your Twitter account to verify, or share your computer screen with me as you login and go to you DMs? If not, I'm calling bull and locking this topic. :p

Teeboy23

Pokemon Trainer
I'll happily show you the screenshot of my Twitter inbox. If that's not enough, I'll give you my Twitter password so you can see for yourself. Either way, I wouldn't lie about this. Like you and everyone, there are a lot lore things I can be doing with my time, then blow smoke in people's faces with a fake DM from The Pokémon Company.

Momaster12

The Temporal Destroyer
I'm just surprised Pokémon can just electric slide in people's DMs like that.

On a more serious note, I am calling BS on this for the same reasons as others and the fact that they're just straight up asking for a mailing address and no other information or anything like that.

Teeboy23

Pokemon Trainer
Momaster12 said:
I'm just surprised Pokémon can just electric slide in people's DMs like that.

On a more serious note, I am calling BS on this for the same reasons as others and the fact that they're just straight up asking for a mailing address and no other information or anything like that.

It's the official Pokémon Twitter account, @Pokemon. Now are you saying that their Twitter account was hacked by a hacker?

Status
Not open for further replies.