• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

A different take on Hydreigon/ Darkrai EX

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor
ok ok ok
It's not that different, but not your average list. 2 Darkrais? What? Yep. and. it. works.
This is my list that I used to take 1st in a Battle Roads out of maybe 30-40 Seniors. Went undefeated. :D

Pokemon:
2 Darkrai EX- DEX
1 Reshiram EX- NXD
1 Mewtwo EX- NXD
1 Shaymin EX- NXD
2 Sableye- DEX
3 Deino- NVI
3 Hydreigon- DRX 97
13 Pokemon

Trainers:
4 Professor Juniper- BLW
4 N- DEX
2 Cheren- DEX
2 Random Receiver- DEX
4 Ultra Ball- DEX
4 Rare Candy- DEX
3 Pokemon Catcher- EPO
3 Dark Patch- DEX
2 Tool Scrapper- DRX
3 Max Potion- EPO
1 Revive- BLW
3 Eviolite- NVI
35 Trainers

Energy:
8 Basic Darkness- BLW
4 Blend Energy GRPD- DRX

Strategy:
You probably know what the basicstrategy is, considering this type of deck is BDIF, but I'll give you a quick rundown: Attack with big EXs and heal with Max Potion and Hydreigon. Use Sableye to reuse Items.
I clearly run some odd card choices, but I an explanation for them. Feel free to question anything, and please give input and help improve the deck further. Thank you. :)

I understand all these pokemon with GPRD, but reshiram EX is horrible.
I would reccomend switching it out with reshiram BW.

Random Numbers said:

Why would you EVER use Reshiram BW?! It discards half the Blend Energy in you deck in one attack and doesn't even deal the same damage. Reshiram EX destroys Stage 2s and non- EX basics. Try it. Reshiram EX isn't horrible. I recommend that you try it out and see how it does before telling me to take it out. He's won me multiple games, more than Mewtwo or Shaymin EXs combined.

9Tailz said:
Random Numbers said:

Why would you EVER use Reshiram BW?! It discards half the Blend Energy in you deck in one attack and doesn't even deal the same damage. Reshiram EX destroys Stage 2s and non- EX basics. Try it. Reshiram EX isn't horrible. I recommend that you try it out and see how it does before telling me to take it out. He's won me multiple games, more than Mewtwo or Shaymin EXs combined.

outrage

I'm never, ever going to go above 1 Shaymin EX. I'm considering taking it out for a Virizion EPO since it takes care of Sigilyph, which would otherwise put my Hydreigon at risk. It also takes care of Keldeo, even if it only can do it every other turn. It doesn't have to wait for 2 prizes to be lost and isn't a 2-prize liability early game. I really like Reshiram EX. It has won me tons of games. I do agree with adding a Zweilous, as I can think of multiple occasions would have gotten a Hydreigon out earlier. I'm thinking about taking out a Scrapper for it.

If you won Battle Roads with it, it is obviously a good list :p I certainly don't see anything wrong with this list and probably won't be too helpful, but if you're looking to make room for Zweilous, you could skimp on Rare Candy. Since you still have the same number of outs to get Hydreigon on the field, it theoretically wouldn't, although you are, of course, slightly less likely to get Hydreigon out T2. I personally like running only three anyway, but that's just me. Other than that, there's not much else you could cut. It's a pretty tight list, but I suppose that's how Darkrai/Hydreigon goes. I also would recomend Bianca over Cheren just because of how easy it is to burn your hand, but again, personal preference. I appreciate your spin on this all too common choice for Battle Roads. Nice to see something fresh every once in a while :p

Mora said:
If you won Battle Roads with it, it is obviously a good list :p I certainly don't see anything wrong with this list and probably won't be too helpful, but if you're looking to make room for Zweilous, you could skimp on Rare Candy. Since you still have the same number of outs to get Hydreigon on the field, it theoretically wouldn't, although you are, of course, slightly less likely to get Hydreigon out T2. I personally like running only three anyway, but that's just me. Other than that, there's not much else you could cut. It's a pretty tight list, but I suppose that's how Darkrai/Hydreigon goes. I also would recomend Bianca over Cheren just because of how easy it is to burn your hand, but again, personal preference. I appreciate your spin on this all too common choice for Battle Roads. Nice to see something fresh every once in a while :p
Thanks! I'm glad you like it! I rarely end up with more cards from Bianca than Cheren, but as you said, it's personal preference. I'm taking out 1 Candy for a Zweilous to see what happens since I'm going to League tonight. I'll probably update tomorrow with the results and decide if I prefer the Zweilous or the extra Candy.
cf11 said:
I would

-1 Reshiram EX
-1 Rare Candy

+1 Darkrai EX
+1 Zweilous
As I said above, I'm testing with the Zweilous tonight. I'm not taking out the Reshiram EX for the Darkrai. I have never, ever felt like I needed the third Darkrai. Maybe that will change, maybe it won't. For now, I'm sticking with 2.

Back