• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded A deck for SLC Regionals 2018 [Fixed some errors]

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
What's up PokeBeach!?

So, the original purpose of this thread was for people to provide some feedback on the deck I would very much like to take to the SLC 2018 Regional Championships. However, I neglected to properly discuss my logic on most of the cards I had included in my list, and I had not thought the deck/strategy as a whole all the way through. So, it is with great pleasure that I present to you the deck I hope to take to Regionals.

The List, Version II:
Pokemon: 17
3x Silvally GX
4x Type: Null
2x Necrozma GX
1x Dawn Wings Necrozma GX
1x Mewtwo GX
1x Oricorio
1x Lunala Prism Star
1x Jirachi (Stardust)
2x Jirachi EX
1x Shaymin EX

Stadiums: 4
4x Dimension Valley

Supporters: 13
3x Sycamore
2x N
1x Colress
1x Brigette
1x Gladion
1x Lusamine
2x Acerola
2x Lysandre

Items: 13
4x Ultra Ball
4x Vs Seeker
1x Battle Compressor
2x Psychic Memory
1x Fighting Memory
1x Fire Memory
2x Choice Band

Energy: 11
4x Double Colorless Energy
7x Psychic Energy

So, there you have it. Silvally-based decks have been of interest to me for a while now, and I would like to give this a try as soon as I can get the cards I still need for it. Next, I should probably explain the logic behind the deck itself, and the various techs I have used in the deck.

Base concepts:
Silvally-based decks have seen a fair bit of play recently, with each deck being different from the others. However, most of the decks seem to share one central strategy: using Silvally GX to provide free retreat, as well as Energy recovery, for various other attackers. However, Silvally itself can also be very versatile, due to the various Memory tools that are currently, or will become available in the next little while. Here are a few examples:

Psychic Memory:
A fairly obvious way to take advantage of this is Dimension Valley. Simply put, if you have a Psychic Memory attached, and a Dimension Valley in play, Silvally is doing 120 (and attaching to something on the bench) for only a DCE. Psychic Memory also allows Silvally to KO Buzzwole in one hit.

Fighting Memory:
One way that I have seen people use this is to allow Strong Energy to be attached to Silvally, thus boosting the damage output. This can also be used to help with the mirror match, as Silvally is weak to Fighting

Fire Memory:
Though this card has not been released in the US yet, it still has a bit of potential. Because of the large amount of Metal support coming in the next little bit, a Fire Memory helps Silvally deal with things such as Metagross, Solgaleo, or Silvally/Metal variants.

Lightning Memory:
I haven't found much use for this, but if I wanted to, I could use this with Rough Seas.

Anyway, with that aside, I will now discuss and explain the various techs I have included in the deck.

Techs:
Mewtwo GX
I have seen this in a few Psychic Silvally lists, and it isn't hard to see why. It can do decent amounts of damage Full Burst, and, in a pinch, can KO most EX/GXs in the format with Psystrike.

Necrozma GX
Necrozma GX is an amazing card in this deck. For 3 Colorless (DCE with Dimension Valley), it is capable of putting 100 damage on each of your opponent's EX/GXs, making them much easier to KO later with Silvally. However, it can also do large amounts of damage with Prismatic Burst. For 3 Psychic and a Choice Band, it is capable of hitting for 210 damage, but at the cost of discarding the Energy (which can be recovered with Silvally or Lunala Prism later).

Necrozma GX (Dawn Wings)
This is a very helpful card in the deck due to it's Stand In-like Ability, Invasion. This makes it easier to get out of tough spots, and had free retreat due to Silvally. With Flash of Darkness, it can hit for 120 for 3 Psychic, and is not affected by Resistance, which helps against Metal decks. It's GX attack, Eclipse Moon, hits for 180 for the same Energy cost, and makes it invincible for a turn. However, it does have the condition of you needing to have less prizes than your opponent.

Oricorio
This is mainly to help deal with Night March.

Stardust Jirachi
This is a very interesting card in the current format, as many decks rely on Special Energy. Because of this, Jirachi seemed like a good idea to include. Stardust, while only hitting for 10, allows you to discard a Special Energy, and, if you do, makes Jirachi invincible for your opponent's next turn. With a Choice Band, you have the potential to hit for 40, or 80 against Gardevoir.

Jirachi EX
I get a fair bit of crap for using Jirachi EX instead of Lele. I mainly use it because I don't own any Lele, and have grown used to using it over time.

I suppose this is all I have to say for the time being. I have tried to explain things to the best of my ability at the moment, and have fixed a few previous errors. That being said, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I would also appreciate constructive criticisms!

Thanks!
-AV

Last edited:
i dont want to be rude but after looking at your list and card explanations it seems to me that you took a bunch of cards that serve a specific purposes in a variety of decks and just slapped it into this with no game plan. i dont see how your deck beats any of the top decks in expanded. just looking at it i think it loses to NM, turbo dark, zoroark, gardevoir, sableye garb, and normal garb.

i dont want to be rude but after looking at your list and card explanations it seems to me that you took a bunch of cards that serve a specific purposes in a variety of decks and just slapped it into this with no game plan. i dont see how your deck beats any of the top decks in expanded. just looking at it i think it loses to NM, turbo dark, zoroark, gardevoir, sableye garb, and normal garb.

Yes, it was kind of thrown together, but I have since edited it. Part of the reason why I posted the list here was to get feedback. I know it probably won't beat everything, especially right now. I have no intention of being rude, but if you could provide some feedback as to how I can improve the deck, it would be greatly appreciated.

This should also not be lebeled as Standard when it is very obviously Expanded.
I have fixed this. Sorry if there was any confusion!

Back