Ruling A couple Ninja Boy-related questions

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
XY11_EN_103.png
XY11_EN_51.png

Question 1: If I use Hoopa's Portal Strike and switch it with another identical Hoopa from my deck with Ninja Boy on my next turn, can I use Portal Strike again on that turn, or does the "can't use Portal Strike during your next turn" carry on to the Pokémon I switch to?

XY10_EN_95.png

Question 2: If I use Devolution Spray to devolve one of my Stage 1 Pokémon into a Basic Pokémon and then use Ninja Boy to swap it with another Basic Pokémon, can I evolve that Pokémon on the same turn?

Effects linger when you use Ninja Boy. You would not be able to use Portal Strike in example 1 or evolve in example 2.

Effects linger when you use Ninja Boy. You would not be able to use Portal Strike in example 1 or evolve in example 2.
ok, as a further thought to this for instance if i have say a hoopa ex in play for a turn. then on my next turn i give it a spirit link and then use ninja boy to search for let's say a mewtwo ex that would use the spirit link. would it be able to mega evolve on that turn as technically the pokemon i ninja boy'd from has been in play for a turn?

Yep, that's legal. Number of turns in play also lingers when you use Ninja Boy, allowing for cool plays like this.

Back