PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello PokeBeach readers! Isaiah here, and I am happy to be writing another article for you all. Previously, I talked about the return of League Challenges and League Cups, both of which are now back in full swing, as well as a deck that I considered to be a top pick for both of those levels of play, being the Mirage Gate Lost Zone decks. Since then, my mentality has not changed at all. While I have not been playing the deck as much lately myself, the deck is still easily the best deck in the current format thanks to its versatility and ability to beat almost anything as long as it gets set up. While it was not the focus of the article, the inclusion of Kyogre really allows the deck to take a step even further by being able to take wins in the most unlikely of circumstances, making the deck even stronger in...

Continue reading...

pedrohead

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Great article. I have a lot of faith in SableZard (and I'm too smooth brained to play turbo LZB for 9 rounds at a regional). I've had many of the same debates (largely with myself) about everything you mentioned above.

I went around the cycle of "of course VIP!", to "actually... no VIP with extra ball search is better!", but have landed back into "yeah... I need VIP".

I'm sticking with the 3/3 energy split, but that's also because I play a mirage gate, that while "tech-y" really can come in clutch for early Zard attacks, or even energizing Sableye and providing a retreat option for a Comfey in the active.

The other, maybe more controversial take, is that I'm all in on 4x Cross Switchers and no Boss. This also means I run a higher (2x) count of Raihan to ensure getting that, or any other needed, combo pieces.

It's not the greatest deck I've ever played, but it does seem to go toe-to-toe with just about anything out there.

Charizard fan

Aspiring Trainer
Great article. I have a lot of faith in SableZard (and I'm too smooth brained to play turbo LZB for 9 rounds at a regional). I've had many of the same debates (largely with myself) about everything you mentioned above.

I went around the cycle of "of course VIP!", to "actually... no VIP with extra ball search is better!", but have landed back into "yeah... I need VIP".

I'm sticking with the 3/3 energy split, but that's also because I play a mirage gate, that while "tech-y" really can come in clutch for early Zard attacks, or even energizing Sableye and providing a retreat option for a Comfey in the active.

The other, maybe more controversial take, is that I'm all in on 4x Cross Switchers and no Boss. This also means I run a higher (2x) count of Raihan to ensure getting that, or any other needed, combo pieces.

It's not the greatest deck I've ever played, but it does seem to go toe-to-toe with just about anything out there.
can you share the list?

pedrohead

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Thanks
Magma basin is kinda big brain, ill have to add it to my list
It’s come in very clutch. May be greedy to have several cards that ramp up the Zard attack (Magma, Mirage Gate, Raihan) but you can often get a pair off at once and attack with Zard wayyy earlier than having to wait until the last couple turns.