A Call to Irons-Farewell to XY

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
295abv6.jpg

See the blood flow
Watching it shed
Up above my head
Iron Maiden wants you for dead!

With ORAS upon us, the metagame is about to change. To close the XY era, I decided to make two RMTs, one on OU, and one on Ubers. This is the OU RMT, A Call to Irons. Dedicated to Uralya, the current VG head, a good friend and tutor, and my favorite band, Iron Maiden. Thank you.
Following the theme of Metal Massacre,this RMT is centered around heavy metal and offense, with a defensive core to balance it. Team members are named after Iron Maiden songs, the team title is that of a collection of Iron Maiden cover performances, and Mega Pinsir is the sweeper and Mega of choice to go along my eternal setup style. In general, the team bears a lot of similarities to Metal Massacre; new Pokemon are Gothitelle and Heatran, while Landorus has changed formes. However, the team's main purpose remains the same. The result is a team more aggressive than Metal Massacre, utilizing Gothitelle to trap pesky enemies and using any chance to give Pinsir a clean sweep. It is classic Chaos Jackal offense at its finest. Let's take to the stage!

heatran.gif
rotom-wash.gif
latias.gif
gothitelle.gif
landorus.gif
pinsir-mega.gif

The team's purpose is to sweep through Rock Polish Landorus or Swords Dance Mega Pinsir. To allow this, Rotom and Heatran tank hits and buy time until the circumstances are right, while Latias keeps the field clean of hazards. Gothitelle is then used to remove walls, checks or counters or wear them down enough to cripple them. With trouble out of the way, Pinsir and Landorus are free to setup and sweep.

23o9l4.jpg

Trooper (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

You'll take my life, but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand, there's no turning back

Specially defensive Heatran. In my opinion, among the strongest Pokemon of the OU tier. This thing can take on anything lacking Focus Blast or a strong Water/Ground STAB, provided it's specially oriented. It can also take on the likes of Talonflame and even Charizard X if the latter doesn't have Earthquake. Potential switch-ins can be crippled and stalled with Toxic/Lava Plume burn and Protect. Also, Heatran carries the all-important Stealth Rock, which it can easily set thanks to its great bulk, typing and the switches it forces. In summary, Heatran will almost always get the job done, and even if it falls, it is almost guaranteed that it will have caused at least some trouble.

9vi0ra.jpg

Moonchild (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish

Moonchild hear the mandrake scream
Moonchild open the seventh seal
Moonchild you'll be mine soon child
Moonchild take my hand tonight

Latias plays the role of an offensive Defogger. While not as strong as Latios, it is bulkier, and a Life Orb Draco Meteor still punches holes on most things that do not resist it. Hidden Power Fire allows Latias to take on Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Scizor, all of which can prove problematic, especially the first and the latter. It is also a good option on potential Bisharp switch-ins. With Healing Wish, Latias can bring back a much needed Pokemon which was considered down for the count, giving me one more chance to turn the tables. Defog is of course the reason for using Latias, keeping Pinsir and the rest of the team safe from sneaky pebbles and other nasty stuff.

168d7hh.jpg

Mercenary (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Nowhere to run
Nowhere to hide
You've got to kill
To stay alive

Physically defensive Rotom serves as a good lead and a compliment to specially defensive Heatran, taking care of many Water and Fighting types that threaten it. Rotom can beat Mega Medicham, some versions of Conkeldurr, Keldeo and a multitude of physical threats which would otherwise cause huge problems to the team. With Will-O'-Wisp and Pain Split, Rotom can even play around walls, while Volt Switch provides momentum next to a useful Electric STAB, allowing Gothitelle and Pinsir to come in at the right moment.

e0ork1.jpg

Clairvoyant (Gothitelle) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Trick

There's a time to live, and a time to die
When it's time to meet your maker
There's a time to live, but isn't it strange
That as soon as you're born, you're dying

Gothitelle is the team's main support unit. With Shadow Tag and Trick, Gothitelle can trap offensive and defensive Pokemon alike and take them out through either Specs-boosted attacks or crippling via item swap. It takes care of Pokemon that wall or pose a threat to Pinsir and Landorus, allowing it an easier time setupping and sweeping. It also takes care of walls like Chansey, Blissey, Skarmory and Hippowdon. Gothitelle's part in the team is invaluable, as it is the primary way of dealing with trouble.

35inm8n.jpg

Nomad (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Nomad, you're the rider so mysterious
Nomad, you're the spirit that men fear in us
Nomad, you're the rider of the desert sands
No man's ever understood your genius

Sheer Force Landorus is a terrifying special attacker, and that's exactly the purpose it serves here. Specifically, it acts as one of the team's setup sweepers. After a Rock Polish, Landorus outspeeds every Pokemon in the game, and with special walls like Chansey removed by Gothitelle, it has a free reign of terror. STAB Earth Power is ridiculously strong against anything that doesn't resist it, 2HKO'ing everything hit neutrally apart from the aforementioned walls. Psychic and Focus Blast are there to take care of Pokemon like Skarmory, Air Balloon Heatran and Air Balloon Excadrill while also landing important OHKOs on Pokemon that are outsped by Landorus before or after a Rock Polish but aren't OHKO'ed by Earth Power, like Keldeo and Conkeldurr. Overall, Landorus works well with Gothitelle and Rotom, benefiting from the former's traps and the latter's defense to follow a clean path to victory.

xlght5.jpg

Wrathchild (Pinsir) (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

'Cos I'm a wrathchild,
well I'm a wrathchild.
Yeah I'm a wrathchild.
I'm coming to get you, oooh yay yeah.

The team's second sweeper, covering the physical side. Mega Pinsir is possibly the strongest Mega in OU alongside MegaZard X and this is what I'm taking advantage of. With one Swords Dance under its wings, Pinsir rolls over everything. Aerilate Frustration destroys the opposition, with Close Combat providing nearly perfect coverage, breaking the likes of Heatran, Ferrothorn and Tyranitar that resist Flying STAB. Quick Attack is an amazing priority move that allows for revenge killing as well as outspeeding and defeating Lati@s, Keldeo and Terrakion after some prior damage, all of which otherwise outspeed and defeat Pinsir. The rest of the team bar Landorus is here to aid in the removal of anything that might cause trouble to Pinsir, making its sweeps easy and deadly.

The team's good defensive backbone and synergy as well as Gothitelle nearly eliminate real problems. Mega Charizard X is typically trouble, although getting poisoned or eating a Hydro Pump leaves it vulnerable to revenge killing after hazards. Talonflame destroys Pinsir, but Rotom and Heatran can deal with it, so it doesn't really pose much of a threat. Greninja is probably the biggest problem the team can face, as with Rotom weakened it can OHKO most of the team after hazards and in cases some prior damage, making Pinsir in conjunction with Life Orb recoil the only way to stop it.

Trooper (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Moonchild (Latias) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature