8/26, Cessation Crystal

Kamekaze_man

Aspiring Trainer
Well, Cessation Crystal IMO has a horrible name, but the effects are good. It would work well in a deck with no Pokepowers or Pokebodies (Rai-eggs)

GODZILLA

Team Twilight 4eva \m/
RE:  8/26, Cessation Crystal

Kamekaze_man said:
Well, Cessation Crystal IMO has a horrible name, but the effects are good. It would work well in a deck with no Pokepowers or Pokebodies (Rai-eggs)

Crap! You just gave people a good idea.... which they already had.

I'm sure Rai Eggs will be huge now ang not Mynx/Mewtric.

(TYranitarFReak)

need politoed ex! juz 1 more~~
its very good indeed! i think power and body are going down fall, too many things stops them ( ces. crystal, septile ex, lati@s δ , BF, shiftry ex....)

good in polistall , eggs, and mawile + kingler δ combo

mew tric will have some problem if they cant prevent opponent from attaching ces. crystal
mew will be a easy prize for ur opponent without versatile!

bacon

!!!!!
I dont like the artwork.. I mean, its just a photo of some rock. I dont like its ability either, its too good!

In short... I hate this damn thing ^-^;

Charizard

Pokemon Master
Yet, it is a pokemon tool and only works when it is active. So, warp poin or warp energy can stop it. Furthermore, I think it can't block power and body too long as it is a pokemon tool. Once that pokemon is knocked out, it is discarded and you will need to search another cessation crystal. Thus, basically it works with pokemon which have high HP and powerful attacks so that the tool's effect can stay in play for a long time.:D

Phazon Elite

Wal-Mart Overlord
Personally, I don't think the overwhelmingly high Unlimited scores were merited. Gust of Wind = Benched Cessation-Crystal-Pokemon. It's very easy to work around, but there ARE several potent combos which come to mind.

I'da given Cessy a 6/10 in Unlimited, but meh, the reviews were good.

zwelgbelg

Need strategy?
Cessation crystal in polistall?
it stops shedinjas poke-body, giving your opponent a prizecard for knocking it out...is that even a combo?

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
RE:  8/26, Cessation Crystal

zwelgbelg said:
it stops shedinjas poke-body, giving your opponent a prizecard for knocking it out...is that even a combo?
I was think of "no more claw or root effect" more then of "you can't use shedinja anymore"
I both like and hate this cards, like because the number of PB based decks will be reduced, hate because of my poor little mew ex LM T_T

Whicker

Kelly Clarkson > You
The reviews were good, but I seriously think that every single one of the reviewers overrated the card.
Does anyone remember Pidgeot δ? Everyone thought that it was going to have a huge impact on the format, stopping powers in their tracks, but nothing happened; Pidgeot δ had little effect. The reason? Powers make a deck's consistency. As the reviewers said, the only deck right now that doesn't use Powers/Bodies is Rai/Eggs, which at Worlds proved to be a bad choice. It has the problem that all non-power decks do... its inconsistencies late in the game. After the Castform gets KO'd, you're stuck with nothing but your one supporter a turn in order to get you the cards you need. Other decks can grab cards using their powers; a luxury you CANNOT get with Cessation Crystal. You're pretty much forced to get lucky late in the game when you run Cessation Crystal, which hurts your win% quite often. Ultimately, the decks that use Magcargo, Milotic δ, Fearow δ, Nidoqueen δ will be the ones to remain on top, granted they use Windstorm, due to consistency issues.

Silver Sea Lugia

Champion Trainer
Works well with one of my decks, Dusmuk(currently run's 4)
Use cessation crystal with muk to stop mew ex from versitile, and also stops poke's/body's(flaredoce, mewtric, minx, flyzard, etc...) Great card.
Destroys lots of decks, and dosn't discard so quickly
SSL's rating~ 8 or 9/10

~SilverSeaLugia~

(TYranitarFReak)

need politoed ex! juz 1 more~~
zwelgbelg said:

omg LOL do u even know what polistall is?

if u put (only)politoed ex = polistall

if u put (only) shedinja = shedstall

i give it to mysteriuos fossil LOL
i will consider holon circles, mysteriuos shard too

SciZOrMaStER

Aspiring Trainer
I Do beLieVe that this Card Was overrated....

putting a tool trainer card might break the deck, on its trainer consistency..

everyone forgot that windstorm will be played.( but why? it also remove stadiums !!! )

have you ever tested such card to be useful in most cases? I cant see the scenario of playing mostly of this one in the game.

but Yes, raichu eggs will be benefited in this kind of card but will you let your weakness or low hp disappoint you?

i do know that some of you will play either 2 CC in a deck....

but It may result inconsistency...

SciZOrMaStER

Aspiring Trainer
I Do beLieVe that this Card Was overrated....

putting a tool trainer card might break the deck, on its trainer consistency..

everyone forgot that windstorm will be played.( but why? it also remove stadiums !!! )

have you ever tested such card to be useful in most cases? I cant see the scenario of playing mostly of this one in the game.

but Yes, raichu eggs will be benefited in this kind of card but will you let your weakness or low hp disappoint you?

i do know that some of you will play either 2 CC in a deck....

but It may result inconsistency...

Whicker

Kelly Clarkson > You
RE:   8/26, Cessation Crystal

:nonono: said:
Cessation Crystal is bigger than Pidgeot d ever was or will be. Pidgeot needs 4 cards to function, the three pieces of its evolution line and a Holon energy card. Cessation Crystal needs just one - itself. For this reason, it's easy to stick 4 into a deck like Raieggs and bump your match ratios a few good percentage points. Windstorm might be an apparent counter to Cessation Crystal, but you can't argue that decks which use searching will always come out on top, because Crystal puts both decks on even footing. At that point, decks already geared towards playing without search are going to have the advantage. In addition, in the back-and-forth war of Cessation Crystal versus Windstorm, Cessation Crystal has a significant leg up in that it is searchable by Castaway, and Windstorm, being a normal trainer, can't be searched by anything except Magcargo, which Cessation Crystal shuts off.

It'll be bigger, without a doubt, but its IMPACT will be similar. You're basically forcing yourself to not use the consistency that has worked for so long. Decks with searching may not ALWAYS come out on top, but I will bet you a lot that people will eventually fall back on power-oriented decks. Look at Japan, with the exception of Dark Tyranitar (which isn't a fair argument in this thread), power decks took the top places in all of Summer Road, and they had been playing with Cessation Crystal for quite some time.

Cessation Crystal also shuts off Bodies, which Pidgeot d didn't. There's really no comparison between the two. Pidgeot d could be shut off by Lati@s from HP, which was a permanent counter, whereas Windstorm is a one-timer, and if followed by another quick Cessation Crystal, it might not be enough to stop you from losing enough momentum to lose you the game as well. Bodies like Dugtrio's from Crystal Guardians are hazardous to Raieggs's strategy, but Cessation shuts that off, too. Not only does it work well with the deck because it doesn't run powers; it also works well because of examples like that. Houndoom is also dangerous against Delta because it can lock Crystal Beach and destroy the deck in late game play, but the possibility of a very early Cessation Crystal can give you an opportunity to stop that, as insignificant as it may seem.

Bodies are a less-important argument. I was arguing more on the basis of consistency, which, of course, comes from powers. I actually cannot think of a deck off the top of my head (although I figure there is one) that will actually be like "oh no! My bodies are gone! I'm screwed!"
Another quick Cessation Crystal? So are you telling me that you are seriously going to drop your supporter every turn in order to play a Castaway, which doesn't net you very much?

Remember that Raieggs isn't the only deck that can completely abuse Cessation Crystal's power - and I'm not talking about anything too obvious like Mawille/Kingler d. Some of the better decks I've seen that use Cessation Crystal to its fullest extent actually employ Pokemon Powers in their strategies.

Noted. I wasn't trying to be absolute with Rai/Eggs. I was simply saying that when it comes to recognizable decks that will be seen in early championships, Rai/Eggs is the only one that'll be able to work with Crystal.

How are you supposed to measure whether or not a card is underrated or overrated until the tournament season kicks off? The standard you measure by should be how much it affects the format, and until then you can't say the card's reviews are inaccurate because they don't fit with your few of how the format will turn out in the future. Besides, Cessation Crystal isn't really comparable with anything else we've seen before. It's an entirely new breed, and it's going to have some sort of impact, big or small, which no one can fully predict.

Japan? Summer Road? We aren't the only ones that play Pokemon.

Mew the source of all

Just keep on trying!
Kills so many things most of the decks out there are based around bodies and/or powers such as MMS. So I say great card but I dispise i when I play against someone who uses it

DarkJake

I'm Intense
zwelgbelg said:

Cease Crystal on Politoad ex is the best combo of the century.

Kamekaze_man

Aspiring Trainer
Cease Crystal on Politoad ex is the best combo of the century
READ the card.

Cessation Crystl> Pidgeot end of discussion. No doubt that people are going to make decks geared to use Cessation Crystal.