6th Gen OU - Kyurem-Black

DdogTheKing

On the surfside.
646-black.svg

Before I start the set. I had to spoiler in the dream world art for Kyurem-Black cause it looked a little to long and I didn't wanna break the theme, and or get a warning. So, if you wanna see it hit the spoiler above.

Sporting a all mighty 170 base attack that used to be #1 until megas came along and M-Heracross took that crown. Kyurem-B is absolute powerhouse. It has some good moves to use under its belt one of its biggest drawbacks is it's rather low movepool. There is only so many potential moves it can use. Kyurem-Black base stats are: 125/170/100/120/90/95

646-black.gif

Kyurem-Black @ Power Herb
Ability:Teravolt
EVs: 114 Atk / 176 SAtk / 220 Spd
Hasty Nature
-Freeze Shock
-Earth Power
-Fusion Bolt
-Ice Beam

I decided on not adding checks / counters nor recommendations this time around to see how much better it would be better for the readers / commenters. Do you think I should continue adding checks / counters and recommendations or nah?

To be honest Freeze Shock isn't all that viable, you give your opponent a free turn to set up and if they have Protect/Substitute it'll be a waist. You'd be better off running a Choice Scarf mixed/Choice Band/Sub + 3 attacks/SubRoost set, SubRoost/Sub + 3 attacks Kyurem having the perfect amount of bulk that Seismic Toss can't break in one hit.

Back